test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

19. Diego Costa

Started by DavidEU,

8,692 posts in this topic
On 15/03/2017 at 5:04 PM, Special Juan said:

Really do not get the Pogba levels of criticism he's getting and I understand he hasn't been brilliant but seriously.

He gets compared to that 100m tag and sure he would have to score a goal per game to not get criticism.

But its not his fault, if anyone United should be joked for paying that amount.

On good side, I hope this transfer will make a statement that such players are not worth such price tags and clubs wont spend 100m for midfielders or 50m for defenders anymore (but who am I kidding, it will only get worse)

Pogba doesnt help it either tho with his off the pitch antics regarding haircuts and dab etc. But its part of his personality so I wouldnt laugh at that, but the press will and he should know better.

IMO Pogba will get his game around eventually. There will come time even Chelsea fans wished he was our player.

DIEGO COSTA BODY TRANSFORMATION

what he looked like from the start of his career to now 2017.

Security Guard Did Not Want To Greet Chelsea Player Diego Costa with A Handshake!

I'm sure the reason that the security guard don't want to shake Costa hand, is because he is s***, from what I have read in this thread lately. Pardon my logical conclusion.

Without Costa we would have 28 points less.

28 points.

I will leave it there, keep on arguing that he is an average player and should be sold.

11Drogba and Adnane like this

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

28 points.

I will leave it there, keep on arguing that he is an average player and should be sold.

They did this to several players in this squad and to Conte. They overreact, write some bs and then they say oh I eat humble pie.

Unfortunately these humble pies have only temporary effects as these people never get humble about their opinions.

Well, yes, because without Diego, we wouldn't have been playing with a striker.

That 'points' argument is terrible.:ph34r: Who's to say we wouldn't have secured more points without Diego? If we didn't have him, someone else would play. Someone else would secure points. This shouldn't need explained.

1 hour ago, Leif said:

That 'points' argument is terrible.:ph34r: Who's to say we wouldn't have secured more points without Diego? If we didn't have him, someone else would play. Someone else would secure points. This shouldn't need explained.

That's like saying that Chelsea would have conceded after each shot on target if it weren't for Courtois. I rest my case. :ph34r:

3 hours ago, Leif said:

The point is about his importance to the team. No one can deny he doesnt do his job and he does it brilliantly. Yet you and few others keep ranting after every match Diego is average. As long he scores those goals, he can have the worst touch for all I care.

On 2017. 03. 16. at 8:12 PM, BlueLyon said:

28 points.

I think he is a great striker, among the best ones in the world, but..

You must admit this comment is demagogic. If we didn't have Costa we had another top striker who would score goals. 

Following this logic, without Courtois we would have hundreds of goals conceded beacuse no one would stopped the shots on goal.

2 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

I think he is a great striker, among the best ones in the world, but..

You must admit this comment is demagogic. If we didn't have Costa we had another top striker who would score goals. 

Following this logic, without Courtois we would have hundreds of goals conceded beacuse no one would stopped the shots on goal.

I think I didnt said it well, we wouldnt have 28 points less obviously, but only the fact that Costa contributed to 28 points himself, a clear indicator he is very important to this squad and hardly replacable, unlike some want to point out. 

nyikolajevics likes this

4 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

I think I didnt said it well, we wouldnt have 28 points less obviously, but only the fact that Costa contributed to 28 points himself, a clear indicator he is very important to this squad and hardly replacable, unlike some want to point out. 

Nah, Drogba was irreplaceable. Costa is NOT that special.

Leif and Amblève. like this

I think Costa is terrific, but he contributes very little lately when not scoring. Prior to the big fiasco with the media, he was contributing on the pitch even when not scoring. Recently he has become a poacher.

The fact is, he is a terrible hold up player. He is almost the anti Torres at the end of his Chelsea stint at this point. Torres actually became a terrific target and hold up player, despite being terrible in front of goal. Diego on the other hand has been the exact opposite. 

Leif and killer1257 like this

1 hour ago, Thor said:

I think Costa is terrific, but he contributes very little lately when not scoring. Prior to the big fiasco with the media, he was contributing on the pitch even when not scoring. Recently he has become a poacher.

The fact is, he is a terrible hold up player. He is almost the anti Torres at the end of his Chelsea stint at this point. Torres actually became a terrific target and hold up player, despite being terrible in front of goal. Diego on the other hand has been the exact opposite. 

Did i just see praise for Torres on this forum. Wow, that's hard to come by. Atleast some support i have:P

Thank him for all the goals and moments where he got us the full 3 points. Against WBA home and Palace away and other games but it's time to part ways in the summer as I don't think he's going to come back in that blazing form from the start of the season.

Don't know what happened with him. Ever since Antonio dropped him for the Leicester game because of all the China commotion his performances and form went downhill. He's pretty shite at the moment to be fair. 

I'm not gonna say that he is terrible player like other on here, but after the china transfer thing his performances have been really really bad, this is like watching 15/16 1st half of the season Costa and nowhere near the level of this seasons 1st half when he was the best striker in the world. He even started to be that criminal that he is known to be and not like he was few months before.Costa seems to go on some hot and cold streaks through out the season. Sometime he can play like GOAT, but some times he plays like championship striker. I really love him. but if he continuous to play like this i'm afraid that we must look for a new striker

The Skipper likes this