Diego Costa

Spike

I get pissed off with the FA as much as most. But blaming this one on them is a bit too extreme. Costa knew what he was doing and deliberately stamped on whoever it was and earnt himself the ban. Not one of us would have an argument if it was any other non chelsea player.

Sure they have missed some in the past which is why the FA are a load of twats. But if Costa doesn't stamp on 2 people he doesn't get banned.

I will tell you why people are annoyed at the FA and why they are blaming them. First of all, the word 'Intent' can you tell me exactly with any reasonable doubt that Costa meant that? No, I didn't think so. This incident was missed by nigh on everybody that night, from ref, fourth official, Rodgers and only the Liverpool players reacted when Can got up to remonstrate with Costa after the incident took place. Michael Oliver was asked to review video evidence the following day and make a call on the incident, now, at the speed this has transpired they haven't fucked around, he's walked into his office and said 'Yes, he's done it" .....

So, we have established he stood on him, but asking this question to Oliver puts a total different light on the situation "Mr Oliver, did Diego Costa stand on Emre Can with intent" How the fuck can you answer that, and if the answer comes from the top of his head or our of thin air then that's where the problem lies straight off. Officials are human, they get things wrong but this was asked as a second review, as soon as Oliver gives the verdict there is no going back and the ban inevitable. Us as fans are very straight forward people who want consistency in the game, we aren't getting it. Look at the Aguero incident on Luiz there is a simple between these two incidents in that one, Aguero goes in two footed, that in itself is a straight red, secondly he has eyes firmly fixed on Luiz with aggression in his face. Costa is not even looking at Can in this incident.

I'm going to home to stamp on my dogs paw, I will immediately ask the wife if I meant it......She won't be able to answer it because she doesn't know I have done it with intent.

So it just happens to occur to the same player twice who isn't exactly the calmest of characters.

I can say I am 98% confident that at least one of them was intentional. At the very least he did nothing to try and avoid the player.

He deserves the ban. Can't be doing that sort of thing. I get we are all biased to Chelsea based decisions. Obviously we all are. If that happens to any other player then there is outrage and people saying the ban is deserving.

Yeah they fucked up the augero one doesn't mean they should get this wrong to make up for it.

We all know the fa don't give a shit and they are a load of crap. But don't give them the ammo to do it but stamping on two people in a game.

FA are not biased to any team. They never were. In United's time, they were intimidated by Fergie, not united.

The FA need's to look at the officials. They're not constant. The FA and ref's are simply crap, not biased. You're not going to charge Ageuro in 2 clear incidents vs west ham and us, but you charge Diego after just one day of the match? what a joke. Fergie used to say whatever the hell he wanted in his press conferences but whenever Jose says something controversial he get's fined. Double standards. They need to either punish everyone, or not punish anyone.

Like Lineker said, ONLY Costa knows whether it was intentional or not. It's bullshit he's suspended, Mangala kicked someone in the back, no suspension, Toure too, no suspension, Sterling punched someone, no suspension. #CampaignAgainstChelsea

Fair points, Hutcho. However, I gather that most people on here are more incensed by the handling of the charge (bringing it forward so quickly, which is unprecedented for the FA), rather than the actual verdict itself.

Don't they have a new fast track system to deal with this sort of thing whereby they hand out bans within 3 days?

I would love to have Costa for this game don't get me wrong. I just see a lot of blame going towards the fa when if the incidents don't happen the fa can be as shitty as they want and they can't ban a player for something that didn't happen.

I can't remember any of our other players stamping in recent games. Im sure they have at some point. But not twice in a game. I mean that's gotta be extremely unlikely.

But whatever I'm happy to agree to disagree.

Don't they have a new fast track system to deal with this sort of thing whereby they hand out bans within 3 days?

I would love to have Costa for this game don't get me wrong. I just see a lot of blame going towards the fa when if the incidents don't happen the fa can be as shitty as they want and they can't ban a player for something that didn't happen.

I can't remember any of our other players stamping in recent games. Im sure they have at some point. But not twice in a game. I mean that's gotta be extremely unlikely.

But whatever I'm happy to agree to disagree.

No mate I totally agree. I thought the same thing - "twice in one game? hmm..."

I wasn't aware of a new fast track system, but if they didn't have one before, they do now!

I was just saying that most people seem to be more angry about the charge's handling than it's actual verdict. :)

Cool mate. I'm not 100 percent on that as I read it on another forum. But yeah they used to be about 5 or so days for decisions.

Yeah I think that's been the main source of people's anger, that it has been handled a bit different to normal.

Oh well, it's done now and we have to accept it. Hopefully Jose can channel some sort of positive energy from it within the squad to spur us on towards beating City!

If people actually believe the fa are heavily biased towards city based on the augero decision and because they won the league then wow. This place is turning into rawk.

FA are not biased to any team. They never were. In United's time, they were intimidated by Fergie, not united.

The FA need's to look at the officials. They're not constant. The FA and ref's are simply crap, not biased. You're not going to charge Ageuro in 2 clear incidents vs west ham and us, but you charge Diego after just one day of the match? what a joke. Fergie used to say whatever the hell he wanted in his press conferences but whenever Jose says something controversial he get's fined. Double standards. They need to either punish everyone, or not punish anyone.

Exactly! There is no conspiracy or agenda against Chelsea. The FA are simply that incompetent and foolish. Why would the FA try to make life hard for one of the most popular teams in the league? If anything Chelsea doing well nets them more money.

I am fine with the ban. Yeah you can't prove intent without a 100% shadow of doubt, but come on, he knew what he was doing when he stepped on Can. Now was it violent conduct? Does it deserve 3 games? That can be debated. I'd say 1 game ban for that is enough.

What I don't like are these arbitrary rules the FA has. If tomorrow a player pulls out a gun a shoots someone in the face, and the referee gives him a yellow and not a red. As per the FA rules, they will absolutely NOT go back and review this incident. Now tell me how does that make sense? Basically, they are saying the referee is the one with the most power. Regardless of clear contradictory evidence, they will still stick with the initial decision made by the ref.

People are bringing up the Aguero stamp, but remember he didn't get banned because the ref "saw" it and gave him a yellow. As per the rules, the FA simply washed their hands with that incident. This is what bothers me.

The OBJECTIVE of their review (should be) to identify violent and unsportsmanlike acts and punish people accordingly. Not that the ref didn't see it so we'll make a decision. What are you saying about yourself when you don't even mean well with these rules that you set forth.

They need to change the rules. Regardless if the ref saw it or not. If it's violent conduct, ban the player. The rules shouldn't be conditional, they should be absolute. You stamp on someone, you should get banned. If you escaped with a yellow during the match, this should have no bearing on it. You must be subject to the same punishment someone else got for committing the same action. If the referee made the correct decision, great, but if he didn't you need to admit that the ref made a mistake and change the yellow to a red (and vice versa).

Can't rescind yellows for diving, another stupid rule. All stems from the same flawed perspective that the referee is all knowing, all powerful, if they made a decision it is absolute. The ref never makes a mistake, except when he claims he didn't see it.

Rant over. I don't expect any changes though.

There's something very, very flawed about a system that completely overlooks this misconduct but yet expedites a retrospective charge for a apparent stamp. Where's the fairness? Where's the equal treatment?

The FA basically picks and chooses, arbitrarily, what offences they want to charge. It operates more like freaking a buffet than a legitimate governing board.