Diego Costa

Spike

it's contagious in a very positive way:

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/diego-costa-gets-us-fired-up--chelsea-star-eden-hazard-hails-controversial-teammate-10007952.html

Eden said,

Yes, yes, yes. When you play with this guy, you have to give everything. You can see in every action and for every ball, he gives his life.

Can't ask Diego to hold that back; get a proper replacement (perhaps Remy though not sure) to play the odd games Diego will be unavailable.

I'm convinced Diego knew what he was doing. I don't know about stamping but he was trying to hurt them a bit, annoying them, trying to affect their game. But I have to agree with Neville, you can't prove it. There have been a lot more incidents where the intent was (more) obvious. So yeah, doesn't deserve a ban.

what if the answer is neither? perhaps it was not as premeditated as suggested, nor as casual. He prob thought, "i'm gonna get to the ball even if I have to walk all over this fucker lying on the ground." :)

Diego asked Terry for backup (pretty cool audio commentary): http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02hvkfv

what if the answer is neither? perhaps it was not as premeditated as suggested, nor as casual. He prob thought, "i'm gonna get to the ball even if I have to walk all over this fucker lying on the ground." :)

Also very possible. But twice though. And we know what type of player he is. He likes a to wind up people, he gets angry, he likes a fight. And I'm telling you man, he does not like Skrtel.

Anyway, whater his motive, I wish he'd be more careful. Or at least more calculated. I mean it's City. But I guess for whatever reason, he can't help it.