Diego Costa

Spike

I wouldn't say it's every game. Sure, he riles up opposition every game but I just see that as part of the game.. It's a sport for aggression. But when it crosses the line of yesterday it's unpleasant. If it was Suarez last season we'd be up in arms lmao.

But is it neccessary. Thats the question. Other world class strikers get the job done without needing to "rile up the opposition". When the fa get tired of his antics and the "real campaign" actually kicks in and starts to affect the team then people will start seeing his "aggression" differently.

We are ready seeing some of the negative consequences of costa's reputation with the stonewall penalty he was denied last night. There's only so much the refs and FA can take before they start to throw the book at him.

But is it neccessary. Thats the question. Other world class strikers get the job done without needing to "rile up the opposition". When the fa get tired of his antics and the "real campaign" actually kicks in and starts to affect the team then people will start seeing his "aggression" differently

Its mind games at the end of the day. Baiting the opponent gives a lift to the fans and Costa seems to find his goal drive through his emotions. It's up to defenders how they deal with him but world-class strikers like Zlatan and Suarez even do it. It's just a different way to play the game - as long as it doesn't cross lines. Stamping on players crosses a line and I can only hope Mourinho tells him to cut it out and it's isolated.

But incidents like the Gerrard one, I don't mind one bit.

I don't know why people keep saying he's losing his head and what not. He seems to be perfectly in control at all times, he's just a dirty little bastard and knows exactly what he's doing at all times. I love it.

Couldn't agree more. Did you wrote this ;) ?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/15116/9684301/chelsea-striker-diego-costa-is-willing-to-overstep-the-mark-to-win-but-thats-what-jose-mourinho-loves-about-him

Ridiculous to even try and defend stamping on anyone, sorry guys, deserved ban and I got no issues with it

Aggression is fine, but violent conduct is not, if it was Sterling we'd be calling for 5 game bans.

Those blue tinted glasses.

stamp

(stămp)

v. stamped, stamp·ing, stamps
v.tr.
1. To bring down (the foot) forcibly.
2. To bring the foot down onto (an object or surface) forcibly.
3. To cause to be dislodged by stomping the feet: He stamped the snow from his boots.
Am I missing something? Where was the stamp? Where was the force? Where was the intention? He jumped and gravity pulled him to the ground...
Stamping is bring your foot up and forcing it down on to someone, looking where you're going to hit them, knowing you're doing it. Costa done none of those. He didn't stamp. Christ.

I don't care if he gets banned for city game, he deserves to get banned. he should stop these childish antics and focus on scoring goals. Remy can easily replace him against City.

I'm not so sure, but even if FA give Costa punishment, we still could appeal or request for personal hearing or whatever, he still could play against City, if I'm not wrong. Also it is because only 3 days left until that match.

I'm not so sure, but even if FA give Costa punishment, we still could appeal or request for personal hearing or whatever, he still could play against City, if I'm not wrong. Also it is because only 3 days left until that match.

http://www.espnfcasia.com/capital-one-cup/story/2269046/diego-costa-fate-hinges-on-chelsea-vs-liverpool-match-report

Oliver will be asked by the FA whether he or any of the officials saw the incident and if they did not, then to judge from video replays whether either of the incidents were straight red-card offences.

If the referee believes either was a red-card offence then the Spain international will be charged with violent conduct and dealt with under the fast-track system.

It would mean that if he is found guilty any three-match ban would see Costa miss Chelsea's game against title rivals Manchester City at the weekend and the matches against Everton and Aston Villa -- and there is no right of appeal.

Oliver won't want to make himself look bad. If he says yeah he should be banned that means he missed 2 red card decisions and makes him look like an unfit ref (which he is).

He won't get banned.

He will argue his view of the incident was obstructed. I would be astounded if Costa escapes without a ban and that's not because I think he deserves it.

stamp

(stămp)

v. stamped, stamp·ing, stamps
v.tr.
1. To bring down (the foot) forcibly.
2. To bring the foot down onto (an object or surface) forcibly.
3. To cause to be dislodged by stomping the feet: He stamped the snow from his boots.
Am I missing something? Where was the stamp? Where was the force? Where was the intention? He jumped and gravity pulled him to the ground...
Stamping is bring your foot up and forcing it down on to someone, looking where you're going to hit them, knowing you're doing it. Costa done none of those. He didn't stamp. Christ.

Yep Chiellini's shoulder touched Suarez's teeth as he said it himself :)