Diego Costa

Spike

Lol we do have fickle fans dont we. Bunch of glory hunters. People saying his technique is shit? Do you remember how we scored against City? Pretty sure his involvement was crucial in the build up. The guy has more goals than Eto, Torres and Ba did last season. How the fuck do you still complain?

I am not saying his technique is perfect but it is not poor. You don't get goals like the one he did against Everton (2nd goal) unless you have some form of technique. That was a brilliant finish, with his left foot as well. Some of his goals for Atletico were quality as well.

Well I am trying to talk about what type of striker Costa is, as I said until now, I am not seeing him as a striker, who could create chances and score out of nothing single handedly, especially when team are struggling.

And maybe you don't pay attention at the last part of my post earlier, I really wrote actually he is the type of striker we need in our team, so I don't have any problem with it.

Disagree. He's already done it for us (scored goals when we really needed one) and he's done it countless of times for Atletico last season too, hence why they finished as champions. Each to their own though I guess.

Disagree. He's already done it for us (scored goals when we really needed one) and he's done it countless of times for Atletico last season too, hence why they finished as champions. Each to their own though I guess.

Actually I'm not really interested to compare with Costa's time at Atletico, different case imo, and it is in the past.

At Chelsea, yes maybe in one or two match, I could agree with you. But we have play around 24-25 matches already. If he done that in two out of 24-25 (maybe around 18-19 matches involving Costa), that doesn't make him automatically that 'type' of striker you keep insisting about. I make a general assessment from his overall performance in every game he is involved so far, with special mention when we face big teams or bus parking teams. When team struggling, usually I looks he is struggling too, and couldn't create any chances alone.

I don't want to throw this comparison actually, but maybe to make it clear, I better say this. He is not Aguero or Suarez type of striker. Both are capable and proven consistently to break the deadlock when the rest of their team mates were struggling.

When team struggling, usually I looks he is struggling too, and couldn't create any chances alone.

This is bollocks sorry. Have you not noticed that we've played our best football when Costa has been in top form? Do you think that's a coincidence or not?

I don't want to throw this comparison actually, but maybe to make it clear, I better say this. He is not Aguero or Suarez type of striker. Both are capable and proven consistently to break the deadlock when the rest of their team mates were struggling.

Again, I'm struggling to understand this point of your argument specifically. Yeah, we all know Costa isn't a pure technical striker like Aguero or Suarez but you don't need to be that to be able to break the deadlock which Costa has done consistently for us this year, just go through all of his goals this year and the times they were scored at and you'll see that they were scored at crucial moments this season.

Again, you don't need to be Aguero or Suarez to be able to break the dead lock for your team when they're struggling.

Unless you've completely missed/blanked out Costa's early season form and his past seasons (sorry, if you're comparing a player's overall body of work you can't ignore his season last year at Atletico), your argument really doesn't have a strong basis IMO, because you weren't saying this before his goal drought.

Actually I'm not really interested to compare with Costa's time at Atletico, different case imo, and it is in the past.

At Chelsea, yes maybe in one or two match, I could agree with you. But we have play around 24-25 matches already. If he done that in two out of 24-25 (maybe around 18-19 matches involving Costa), that doesn't make him automatically that 'type' of striker you keep insisting about. I make a general assessment from his overall performance in every game he is involved so far, with special mention when we face big teams or bus parking teams. When team struggling, usually I looks he is struggling too, and couldn't create any chances alone.

You have aguero and Suarez in mind... so everyone has to be like them? How much has Suarez been scoring btw? Aguero has amazing service for him and he's a different kind of striker. Sorry but you sound awfully ungrateful, unappreciative and even a bit spoiled. Costa has 12 goals in 13 or 14 matches in the league. Yep, definitely ungrateful and spoiled no matter what afterthought comment you add at the end of your post saying you're happy to have him. You prefer the cunt or the cheater, clearly. But as Thomas said to each their own...

This is bollocks sorry. Have you not noticed that we've played our best football when Costa has been in top form? Do you think that's a coincidence or not?

Again, I'm struggling to understand this point of your argument specifically. Yeah, we all know Costa isn't a pure technical striker like Aguero or Suarez but you don't need to be that to be able to break the deadlock which Costa has done consistently for us this year, just go through all of his goals this year and the times they were scored at and you'll see that they were scored at crucial moments this season.

Again, you don't need to be Aguero or Suarez to be able to break the dead lock for your team when they're struggling.

Unless you've completely missed/blanked out Costa's early season form and his past seasons (sorry, if you're comparing a player's overall body of work you can't ignore his season last year at Atletico), your argument really doesn't have a strong basis IMO, because you weren't saying this before his goal drought.

You have aguero and Suarez in mind... so everyone has to be like them? How much has Suarez been scoring btw? Aguero has amazing service for him and he's a different kind of striker. Sorry but you sound awfully ungrateful, unappreciative and even a bit spoiled. Costa has 12 goals in 13 or 14 matches in the league. Yep, definitely ungrateful and spoiled no matter what afterthought comment you add at the end of your post saying you're happy to have him. You prefer the cunt or the cheater, clearly. But as Thomas said to each their own...

I think some of you missed my point at my first post. Of course Costa has scored an amount of important goals, but almost all of them come when teams are playing well. Yes, there might be one or two moment of rebounds balls, but generally that is what happened until now, at Chelsea. This is my basic point, if you guys couldn't understand or accept this, we're better agree to disagree then because we have a different basic perception of it.

If you understand that point, then go on. What I really mean with not a 'deadlock breaker' striker is that, he is more like a clinical finisher category striker. He needs someone to serve him with a good pass or cross, then he will finish it without problem. Of course some of them might come at the crucial time, or when we're in deadlock situation, I never denied it. And I never said he is shit and try to be ungrateful, unappreciative or something, I just pointed out his style of play, what kind of striker he is. I don't get why people 'furious' with this tbh.

And based on that, after last match, I fully realized and conclude that he is not a 'game changer' striker, because he is so far never stand out when team are struggling (don't asked me why I came out with conclusion only after recent match, I want to making sure of it first, and I think I have enough of assessment from the beginning of season until our last match). When the score are draw and we're struggling, he is barely couldn't create good chances to score, leave alone to found the back of the net suddenly, by his effort alone so far. This is my point, that he is not a 'game changer', 'deadlock breaker' striker or whatever you called it. If after that he then scored, almost sure, it is coming from Fabregas or Hazard or Oscar or Matic brilliant link up of play first, and then send or pass or cross the ball to Costa to finish the job.

Well if some of you still couldn't get it or disagree with it, we're agree to disagree then.

I think some of you missed my point at my first post. Of course Costa has scored an amount of important goals, but almost all of them come when teams are playing well. Yes, there might be one or two moment of rebounds balls, but generally that is what happened until now, at Chelsea. This is my basic point, if you guys couldn't understand or accept this, we're better agree to disagree then because we have a different basic perception of it.

If you understand that point, then go on. What I really mean with not a 'deadlock breaker' striker is that, he is more like a clinical finisher category striker. He needs someone to serve him with a good pass or cross, then he will finish it without problem. Of course some of them might come at the crucial time, or when we're in deadlock situation, I never denied it. And I never said he is shit and try to be ungrateful, unappreciative or something, I just pointed out his style of play, what kind of striker he is.

And based on that, after last match, I fully realized and conclude that he is not a 'game changer' striker, because he is so far never stand out when team are struggling (don't asked me why I came out with conclusion only after recent match, I want to making sure of it first, and I think I have enough of assessment from the beginning of season until our last match). When the score are draw and we're struggling, he is barely couldn't create good chances to score, leave alone to found the back of the net suddenly, by his effort alone. This is my point, that he is not a 'game changer', 'deadlock breaker' striker or whatever you called it. If after that he then scored, almost sure, it is coming from Fabregas or Hazard or Oscar or Matic brilliant of play first, and pass or cross the ball to Costa.

Well if some of you still disagree, we're agree to disagree then.

I agree with you. Costa is a beast, but he needs the right passes to score. This is what he wasn't getting much of during his dry spell.

He was he getting the ball in positions where he needed to dribble past a few players to get a shot off.

If he's on form, he can score some special goals, but it's not his typical game.

10 cards are 2 games ban, does 15 means 3? At this rate we can be looking at that sort of stuff unless Costa stop doing the dirty work.

Geez, now I'm having trouble remembering. But it's something along the lines of accruing yellows in sets of 5, before certain time periods throughout the season. So, it would be like saying 5 yellows by December is the first suspension; 10 before March is the second and 2 games; 15 before June (the end of domestic competition, in theory) is the third and 3 games and then after 15 he has to sit before a board and serve more severe punishments.

Can anyone tell me if I'm close or if I'm just talkin out of my pooper. God knows I've been wrong before -__-

Yes, a couple of his cards have been wrongly awarded, but you can also argue that he's been lucky to escape bookings more than once and even a sending off ve Sunderland. Certainly the last yellow was not unfair if that is what Jose referring to. It was a dive, there are no two ways about it.

If you understand that point, then go on. What I really mean with not a 'deadlock breaker' striker is that, he is more like a clinical finisher category striker. He needs someone to serve him with a good pass or cross, then he will finish it without problem. Of course some of them might come at the crucial time, or when we're in deadlock situation, I never denied it. And I never said he is shit and try to be ungrateful, unappreciative or something, I just pointed out his style of play, what kind of striker he is. I don't get why people 'furious' with this tbh.

And based on that, after last match, I fully realized and conclude that he is not a 'game changer' striker, because he is so far never stand out when team are struggling (don't asked me why I came out with conclusion only after recent match, I want to making sure of it first, and I think I have enough of assessment from the beginning of season until our last match). When the score are draw and we're struggling, he is barely couldn't create good chances to score, leave alone to found the back of the net suddenly, by his effort alone so far. This is my point, that he is not a 'game changer', 'deadlock breaker' striker or whatever you called it. If after that he then scored, almost sure, it is coming from Fabregas or Hazard or Oscar or Matic brilliant link up of play first, and then send or pass or cross the ball to Costa to finish the job.

Well if some of you still couldn't get it or disagree with it, we're agree to disagree then.

I completely understand where you are coming from. When he's supplied with the right ball he will score. But out of all the goals he scored so far, none were of his solo effort. It's not a complaint; just noting his style of play is all. I really don't get why some people are so upset...

Yes, a couple of his cards have been wrongly awarded, but you can also argue that he's been lucky to escape bookings more than once and even a sending off ve Sunderland. Certainly the last yellow was not unfair if that is what Jose referring to. It was a dive, there are no two ways about it.

Yea, I don't see a problem to be honest. He's right, Costa is learning and most of his yellows aren't actually that hard to understand, if he was an opposing striker I'm sure we'd be saying that sounds about right.

I don't think he's going to accumulate as many in the second half of the season. It's okay to be aggressive, but there's margins to what extent..

When was the last time (before this season) we lost a player for too many bookings in the PL?

I can't recall, this season however we start like a house on fire look really good and 3 if our 4 best players convently get suspended due to too many yellows.

When was the last time (before this season) we lost a player for too many bookings in the PL?

I can't recall, this season however we start like a house on fire look really good and 3 if our 4 best players convently get suspended due to too many yellows.

well if the teams can't stop us, someone has to... it's no coincidence imo, many of the yellows our players received were a joke.

One of the problems imo is that the AMs often appear reluctant to make tactical fouls when the opposition are countering us. I've seen Hazard and Willian make weak challenges or pull out completely quite a few times this season even when we're clearly defensively vulnerable. So instead of bookings being spread around the team, Cesc and Matic are forced to make a much higher proportion of fouls and they're picking up cards a lot faster.