Diego Costa

Spike

BziE5n0CEAEtgpm.jpg

:lol:

I feel sorry for him, I really do. Though it doesn't really excuse how poor he was. He wasted a few good chances(even the ones created by Cesc). Must be confidence thing.

Apart from the header which was difficult to direct at goal, he had no clear cut chances, only half chances. Spain were rubbish for 90 mins with their useless sideway passing and slow build-up play.

MrExcalibur100, on 10 Oct 2014 - 01:56 AM, said:

Apart from the header which was difficult to direct at goal, he had no clear cut chances, only half chances. Spain were rubbish for 90 mins with their useless sideway passing and slow build-up play.

He missed after Cesc's pass just by a few inches. He also had a few good opportunities to score after corner kicks. He could have done better. Maybe he was just unlucky, but I think he also lacks confidence when he plays for Spain after all the criticism he got. And this game won't help his confidence either.

But it's not even the chances wasted--he wasn't the only one who wasted chances. Costa is a poor fit for this Spain, IMO. If he plays great for Chelsea, it doesn't mean he'll play great for a possession-based slow build-up team. Tbh, they looked a lot smoother without Costa when he missed the game against Macedonia. Spain NT should either change the way they play (don't think Del Bosque has the guts to do it, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong) or don't play Costa at all.

His place in the Spanish team is still pretty safe for now as He's still their best striker and Del Bosque has proven to be very loyal to players he rates highly. But if the pressure and calls to drop him becomes pronounced by the Spanish media and fans who already believes he's a mismatch, I could him getting dropped and Del Bosque switching back to Fabregas as a false 9.

Probably Paco will replace him sooner or later. Despite Costa is top scorer; he doesnt fit their system. I think he didnt even score for spain yet, meanwhile Alcacer did few times already in less games.

Imo Del Bosque will bench him if he wont start scoring soon, but eventualy Costa will give his share to Spain too. If not soon then at age 29 or sth.

Orrrrr, Spain can go fuck themselves[emoji12]

That will do too :)

On serious note, I prefer he is not scoring today rather than when Spain face Luxembourg. He just need to score at least one goal to keep his moral in a good condition, I don't care how shit the opponent is.