Diego Costa

Spike

He is class even when he doesn't score. His off the ball game is phenomenal, never drifts out of the game, always helping the defence and attacking spaces. Modern day striker and a true warrior, shame he is already on three yellow cards.

It was a foul at Zabaleta, no doubt about it, but I'm sure Mike Dean would not have shown the yellow card if it wasn't for Diego Costa's reaction. Keep it going mate, you are doing us proud.

Love this guy, embodies everything I feel Chelsea FC is about. Winner, passionate, hard working and a bullish fighting spirit. Always has an influence, no goals today but he said himself he won't score every game. 32M is a snip.

Were in Kompany and Mangalas pocket for the most of the match.

Still got a City player sent off, hit the post and almost got a touch on that Ivanovic header that wouldve resulted in a goal; I forgot that he was heavily involved in Schurrles goal to - i like that!

From the match yesterday, I finally could understand what Luis said about him. Costa born to be a winner, and eager to score and win in every match he played. You guys see what did he do after being sub? Sitting impatienly, with a gesture and expression want to kill somebody. I like that. Play him vs Villa, I can guarantee you he will scores.

^ Really love him. But he should really try his best not to put his hands on opposing players. Good thing Zabaleta didnt flop like a lit b*tch when Diego appeared to have his hands on Pablo's neck.

Yes, I have said several weeks ago the same thing, about Costa has to calm down when opponents want to provoke. But if you see the whole incident, I think his reaction is still quite acceptable this time, carried on by the tense of the game. He is quite calm, and not doing anything more stupid, like slapping, heading, or punching Zabaleta in the end.

He was left isolated yesterday and did well to get on the ball, but his hold up was rather disappointing. His work rate and tracking back was incredible, but he should really be more careful in the box. Almost gave away two pens.