Diego Costa

Spike

Lol, all the broken records by this man alone in 4 freaking match!

Where are the Diego Costa critics who were just mad because he played for Spain,not for Brazil and slated people who wanted to have him here ?Rmpr?

I'm actually angrier now than at the time. I didn't think he was this good before so I didn't bother too much whether he would choose Brazil or Spain, but holy shit now that I know what we have been missing in our NT I'm kinda pissed that we didn't give him a proper shot and lost him to Spain. Fucking hell.

Can Costa be a realistic contender for the ballon d'or this year?

I doubt it, because he doesn't have the 'flair' of Messi, Ronaldo or Suarez who score just as much but from all phases of attack. He does the dirty work in defense, and doesn't score from FKs or go on those magical runs either. In my book, if he scores like 40 goals in all comps, then he should be considered, but i highly doubt it. Not that its fair but, it is what it is.

I had forgotten how good it feels when you have a striker in your squad who you can expect to score in every match. Last time this happened was in 09-10 when Didier was in his prime. 5 long years, but finally we have an excellent striker. The season is long and I would be surprised if Diego wouldn't have difficult weeks without goals, but the start he's made has been brilliant and it's delightful to see him playing for us!