Diego Costa

Spike

No I hear but it gets complicated... It's all linked... muscles have to work harder or at least differently as joints lose flexibility. Way out of my niche though... ;)

That's true. I did a MRI of my knee a couple months ago because I was feeling some pain after running for extended periods and it revealed I had mild patellar chondropathy and tendinopathy. My doctor prescribed as treatment the strengthening of the muscles around the knee. So far, so good - I haven't felt pain anymore since I've began targeting those muscles, but neither have I been trying to push my limits as of lately, of course. Anyways, everything is related, the answer for my cartilage problems were my muscles. If one part falters the others are affected.

Well, in some level I'm sure it could be related, thing is knee problems more often than not cause tendinitis - which is directly linked to the muscles. It's much less likely for a muscle problem to cause a knee problem. Normally you have a knee problem and that has muscle implications, although the first correlated thing to the knee problem is the tendon.

I know a bit of it because my ex-husband is a doctor and with an issue exactly there. So I've heard a lot about it. Knee problems cause further problems in your muscles by damaging or creating an inflammation in your tendon. For the opposite to happen is much rarer. Muscles problems don't naturally develop into knee problems whereas most of the knee problems affect muscles surrounding the tendon, the ligaments and the muscles.

Now that Costa seems misfit in Spain heated up again. I know this is might be sensitive question, but do you guys think Costa will be a hit and could perform better at the current Brazil NT rather than at Spain NT?

No insult please, just need a honest opinion. Thank you.

Hard to answer, but I'd say it would be much easier for him to fit into Brazil's (current lack of) style than Spain's tiki taka nonsense. I think Costa is exactly the opposite of a striker suited for tiki taka and vice versa, the style being the one less favorable for him.

I'm sure with time he'll progress, but I don't think he'll ever flourish there as long as they keep the same system.

Brazil wouldn't be much different, but we have a much easier time embracing physicality and much less hurdles to that than their exhausting passing. Brazil can be much more direct and he could make his runs more often. He'd do better for Brazil imo, but I don't know to which extent. At the end of the day it was his decision - a stupid one imo - but it seems like he feels more Spanish than Brazilian. Good for him then, I don't judge him, it was his prerogative and Scolari never really gave a shit about him until a few months before the WC. Given how poor Brazil is in the striker department lately, it was quite stupid for the managers to have ignored him for so long. It's not like we have some amazing strikers and couldn't test a guy that was doing well in Spain, even at Rayo Valecano and whatever other team he was loaned there.

Hard to answer, but I'd say it would be much easier for him to fit into Brazil's (current lack of) style than Spain's tiki taka nonsense. I think Costa is exactly the opposite of a striker suited for tiki taka and vice versa, the style being the one less favorable for him.

I'm sure with time he'll progress, but I don't think he'll ever flourish there as long as they keep the same system.

Brazil wouldn't be much different, but we have a much easier time embracing physicality and much less hurdles to that than their exhausting passing. Brazil can be much more direct and he could make his runs more often. He'd do better for Brazil imo, but I don't know to which extent. At the end of the day it was his decision - a stupid one imo - but it seems like he feels more Spanish than Brazilian. Good for him then, I don't judge him, it was his prerogative and Scolari never really gave a shit about him until a few months before the WC. Given how poor Brazil is in the striker department lately, it was quite stupid for the managers to have ignored him for so long. It's not like we have some amazing strikers and couldn't test a guy that was doing well in Spain, even at Rayo Valecano and whatever other team he was loaned there.

Agree completely :)

It's much less likely for a muscle problem to cause a knee problem.

From my understanding on my problem, if my muscles were supporting my knee better before, I wouldn't have developed those knee problems or it would have taken longer to. I could be wrong though as I'm no doctor.