test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Skipper

World Cup XI - Team Of The Tournament

Started by The Skipper,

Now that the tournament is over, who's in your World Cup XI?

Here's mine:

Neuer

Lahm - Hummels - Vlaar - Blind

Mascherano - Schweinsteiger

Robben - James - Neymar

Muller

Honourable mentions to Ochoa, Messi, Cuadrado, H. Herrera, Khedira, Benzema, Sanchez and Kroos.

Strike, Johnny Kills, Rmpr and 1 other like this

Here's mine:

Neuer

Robben - James - Neymar

Muller

Dream line-up, imagine those 11 players playing together? :rolleyes:

I'd just change Blind with someone else though. I dont know, he had a good WC, but I think Vertonghen was superb as a LB.

The Skipper likes this

pretty much the same but since bastian missed the first 2 matches and his performance against usa was not really good, i doubt he deserves to be there!!!

neuer

lahm hummels vlaar rojo

masch kroos

robben james neymar

muller

Dream line-up, imagine those 11 players playing together? :rolleyes:

I'd just change Blind with someone else though. I dont know, he had a good WC, but I think Vertonghen was superb as a LB.

That's fair, Blind isn't exactly a top class left back but he was probably the best LB at the World Cup. He had something like 3 or 4 assists and a goal, and was solid and reliable at the back.

Agree on Vertonghen though. I also think he should permanently switch to a LB - much better there than at CB.

pretty much the same but since bastian missed the first 2 matches and his performance against usa was not really good, i doubt he deserves to be there!!!

neuer

lahm hummels vlaar rojo

masch kroos

robben james neymar

muller

Bastian's performance in the final was incredible to me, that's the only reason he's in there because he really came through in the most important game of the tournament, whilst Kroos almost ruined it for Germany with a really bad performance in the final.

Rojo... I'm not convinced about him at all. Think there were 3 or 4 left backs that were better than him in the tournament.

Neuer

Lahm-Hummels-Vlaar-Rojo

Mascherano-Schweinsteiger

Robben-J.Rodriguez-Sanchez

Muller

Schweinsteiger's bravery to put himself about in challenges, whether tackling others or getting tackled, in the final won it for me.

Bastian's performance in the final was incredible to me, that's the only reason he's in there because he really came through in the most important game of the tournament, whilst Kroos almost ruined it for Germany with a really bad performance in the final.

Rojo... I'm not convinced about him at all. Think there were 3 or 4 left backs that were better than him in the tournament.

kroos was shambolic last night. gave away the ball more times than i could count!!! that header was suicidal. and there were 2 instances where he was found at the edge of the box on a counter. the first one hit poorly to romero and the 2nd one missing the target!! but still, he was one of the player of the tournaments and while TIGER is a TIGER in every way, it simply wont be fair to not have kroos in the team of the world cup.

rojo was the best left back of the tournament for me!!!

Here's mine:

Neuer

Robben - James - Neymar

Muller

Honourable mentions to Ochoa, Messi, Cuadrado, H. Herrera, Khedira, Benzema, Sanchez and Kroos.

Keylor Navas was better than Ochoa

-----------------------Neuer-----------------------

Lahm-----Hummels------Boateng-------Rojo

-------------------Mascherano-------------------

------------Kroos-----------James---------------

----Robben--------Messi--------Muller---------

---------------- Neuer ---------------

Lahm - Hummels - De Vrij - Rojo

----- Mascherano - Kroos --------

------------ J.Rodriguez ------------

Robben ------ Messi ------ Müller

Subs (7): Navas, Garay, Blind, Schweinsteiger, Pogba, Neymar, Sanchez