test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Parky

Did you Win or Lose $$ ?

Started by Parky,

Im down $1000 atm. Too many goalless 90 min games cost me..

Hopefully $500 on Holland and $500 on Germany will get me into +$600

Won £120 on Chile beating Spain then put it on England to win, even though I was going to put it on Costa Rica to beat Italy and changed it at the last minute, would of won £1100 ahaha.

Cheers England

Up €100+ and if the Germans win it all it'll be nearer €200. Since I'm a student and a dad, I only bet €10 max though and it's spread across 2-4 bets, so it's good overall. The Germans murdering Brazil gave me quite a bit! They called me crazy to bet Germany to win -2 (handicap) @ 16/1! :D

Im down $1000 atm. Too many goalless 90 min games cost me..

Hopefully $500 on Holland and $500 on Germany will get me into +$600

I actually got quite a bit from the draws. Always did them when they were too hard to call e.g. Belgium-USA, Holland-Argentina. But a Holland/Germany sounds like a nice double!

My bets were:

BRAZIL outright - lost
GERMANY outright - in play

CHILE v. Spain - won

HOLLAND v. Costra Rica (live) - lost

Schurrle 1st scorer - in play (!)

If Germany wins it then I 'm clear winner - otherwise lost.
I 'm thinking about Holland tomorrow but I 'm still undecided.

If Argentina crumbles at half time then Joachim will bring in Scurrle as a substitute in the 60th minute and he is going to score three. That bet could never lose if they were starting him.

My final bets for the world cup. The double multi is Germany and Holland to win the Cup & 3rd place. All in $AUD..

Screen_Hunter_01_Jul_13_03_12.jpg

The Mak likes this

That pic with the Brazil-Germany correct score that goes around the net must be photoshop.

That pic with the Brazil-Germany correct score that goes around the net must be photoshop.

Well I know that Paddy Power confirmed 1 punter actually had £5 on it!

I'm at a loss for predicting tonight though after Van Gaal's comments. Every 3rd place play-off since 1978 or something has had over 2.5 goal but I can't see it here. I'm thinking draw...

Well I know that Paddy Power confirmed 1 punter actually had £5 on it!

I'm at a loss for predicting tonight though after Van Gaal's comments. Every 3rd place play-off since 1978 or something has had over 2.5 goal but I can't see it here. I'm thinking draw...

I passed it by.

What did he say ? That he is bored ?

I predicted Italy to beat Brazil in 1982, Italy to win world cup, final score 3-1 all in one coupon.

But it was a department store competition, there were no bets those days.

The prize was a SAAB and the name they gave out as winner in the end was a mrs Losada.

Strange name for Greece but there was a Uruguayan right winger Julio Losada signed by Olympiakos Piraeus those days.

Smelled a rat ...

The Mak likes this

I passed it by.

What did he say ? That he is bored ?

He said there's no point in the play-off, but Skipper has just posted the lineup and its not weakened at all. I'll say Netherlands as well then.

$240 profit last night thanks to Holland and Luiz..

Germany for win tonight!

I did n't bet yesterday.

Misery.

The danger phase in a betting man's life is the missed opportunity.

I had a scoop-6 once and it was the last leg and I opened my big mouth to the company and said look this horse with the black and white stripes is the one that threatens me on the way to the counter. They looked upon me with hideous envy as the bw horse had no chance whatsoever on paper. But won wire to wire and I did not have it covered to economize 3 euros.

The following weeks I got destroyed.

Stay out till October.

Won $155 for Germany outright win.

Damm if Germany won in 90 mins could of won a multi for a $338 win.

Won $155 for Germany outright win.

Damm if Germany won in 90 mins could of won a multi for a $338 win.

What's your final result?

What's your final result?

Im down about $500. But when the premiership starts i'll try win more..

stroey likes this

My conclusion is that 90 minute result bets stink.

Only if you have a strong fancy for an outsider (e.g. Holland v. Brazil in the 3d place final).

I sort of knew that from years and years ago.

We had the find 13 correct coupon and no indivudual match bets then.

So an guy comes to me with a pile of old newspapers and he says let's break this thing down. Check the three easy, the five medium easy and the rest. So we found a 2/3 success rate for the three easies, but the prices were 5/4 to 6/5 - in today's terminology. For the medium group the success rate was 2/5 or less. No juice.