test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rmpr

Brazil vs Netherlands Match Discussion Thread

Started by Rmpr,

300 posts in this topic

On a semi-related note, how disappointing was Van Persie? Aside from that amazing header against Spain and his penalty today, the guy did jack all in this tournament.

Strike likes this

On a semi-related note, how disappointing was Van Persie? Aside from that amazing header against Spain and his penalty today, the guy did jack all in this tournament.

I wouldn't say disappointing, but yeah he's had a pretty average tournament. I'd say it has more to do with the tactics LVG deployed - very often he was very isolated up front and when he did get the ball passed in his direction it was usually a long, direct ball.

RVP is much better as a possession player in tight spaces who gets the ball to feet - Holland's approach was too direct for him to shine (in contrast to Robben who's really a perfect player in these situations) - I admire him for conforming and sacrificing his natural game for the good of the team though.

dee25 likes this

I wouldn't say disappointing, but yeah he's had a pretty average tournament. I'd say it has more to do with the tactics LVG deployed - very often he was very isolated up front and when he did get the ball passed in his direction it was usually a long, direct ball.

RVP is much better as a possession player in tight spaces who gets the ball to feet - Holland's approach was too direct for him to shine (in contrast to Robben who's really a perfect player in these situations) - I admire him for conforming and sacrificing his natural game for the good of the team though.

The Dutch had been too narrow throughout the tournament really. Hardly anything comes through the middle, the wing backs are easily stopped and only Robben seem to be making things happen in wide areas.

What is wrong with FIFA that allows games to be judged by such stupid referees...today was another shocker.

Faul for penalty was not in penalty area, while Silva should get red card, second goal came from offside, third goal came from faul on Oscar. Oscar should have penalty, but ref ''saw'' a dive :rolleyes:

Brazil was terrible though, or better say their tactics. Zero tactical awarness with that high defense line, clueless midfield and no creativity in attack. Too much individual actions, no organisation of the team anywhere. I still cant believe this team was so good last conf cup, they were playing much more organised and disciplined. Yeah Fred is shit now, but rest of team was more or less same. Filipe followed public who demanded joga bonito, while this team is best at staying back, pressing midfield and counter attacks. They might play in final with conf cup form and tactics, but tournament they were realy poor. More so the last two games, where they pressed from first second with no defense and got destroyed on counter every damn time. Like they had some 10 y.o. for coach who knows nothing about modern football where defence and organisation comes first.

Anyway Dutch deserved to win, they should be in final even, but leave that behind. And Brazil has long recovery time I guess...More depressing for them is that there is almost no other decent #9 or at least young talented strikers...

Dion and kellzfresh like this

The Dutch had been too narrow throughout the tournament really. Hardly anything comes through the middle, the wing backs are easily stopped and only Robben seem to be making things happen in wide areas.

Yup. But that's what happens when you sacrifice offensive potent for defensive stability. We weren't as exciting going forward as we usually are but I don't mind since IMO this tournament was more about blooding a lot of youngsters - especially those in defence. We're rebuilding the team from the back and these guys like De Vrij, Martins Indi etc. have all had an amazing experience which will bode well for the future.

It was the right thing to do from Van Gaal as he's set up the Dutch NT very nicely for the future. Now we have another fantastic coach coming in to continue to nurture the team in Hiddink so IMO the future is looking very bright.

Brazil should have got a penalty the guy tackled Oscar so hard he hurt himself ??

If Robben's was a penalty so was Oscars, booking him for diving was a joke

twobanger likes this

Yup. But that's what happens when you sacrifice offensive potent for defensive stability. We weren't as exciting going forward as we usually are but I don't mind since IMO this tournament was more about blooding a lot of youngsters - especially those in defence. We're rebuilding the team from the back and these guys like De Vrij, Martins Indi etc. have all had an amazing experience which will bode well for the future.

It was the right thing to do from Van Gaal as he's set up the Dutch NT very nicely for the future. Now we have another fantastic coach coming in to continue to nurture the team in Hiddink so IMO the future is looking very bright.

Van Gaal may have done nicely with this setup and a set of young players and while I don't think Hiddink will change much, I do wonder if he will continue playing with a back 3/5 or change to a 4-3-3 and possibility disrupting the defensive organization.

Man, Netherlands so deserve to be a part of the "winners" league. It is a shame they arent playing the final tomorrow...

The Skipper likes this

Van Gaal may have done nicely with this setup and a set of young players and while I don't think Hiddink will change much, I do wonder if he will continue playing with a back 3/5 or change to a 4-3-3 and possibility disrupting the defensive organization.

I think we'll go back to 4-3-3, especially when Strootman comes back. These guys have now had a World Cup experience under their belt too so IMO can afford to be slightly more exposed at the back with one less defender - I say slightly only as they'll still have protection from the DM in front of them. If MVG develops nicely as well in the next few years I can see him perhaps slotting into that role actually. Midfield three of Wijnaldum - Strootman - MVG is pretty nice. This is still an unknown quantity for now though.

What I do know is that for the first time in a very long time, we finally have a pretty settled, solid back four/five.

Man, Netherlands so deserve to be a part of the "winners" league. It is a shame they arent playing the final tomorrow...

Meh. They weren't very impressive besides the win vs Spain. They had to be the most boring team, along with Argentina. I would want Germany to win either way, but I like the America-Euro match up.

kellzfresh likes this

I noticed that he kept getting caught offside. It seems like half the time he's not even looking across the line to time his run properly.

I noticed that he kept getting caught offside. It seems like half the time he's not even looking across the line to time his run properly.

Yeah, that's true. He's much better than that - his off the ball runs are usually spot on. He didn't really have a good game last night tbh but he did his bit and led the team quite well going forward.
The Chels likes this

I think we'll go back to 4-3-3, especially when Strootman comes back. These guys have now had a World Cup experience under their belt too so IMO can afford to be slightly more exposed at the back with one less defender - I say slightly only as they'll still have protection from the DM in front of them. If MVG develops nicely as well in the next few years I can see him perhaps slotting into that role actually. Midfield three of Wijnaldum - Strootman - MVG is pretty nice. This is still an unknown quantity for now though.

What I do know is that for the first time in a very long time, we finally have a pretty settled, solid back four/five.

I think the key for dutch is who is going to replace rvp n robben in 2-4 years time
The Skipper likes this

Meanwhile, somewhere on the internet: This is Brazil's way at getting into Germany's head before their WC final match tomorrow - "You aren't that good we're just bad".

communicate, Strike and Rmpr like this

Please Mourinho please! Sell Oscar and Ramires. I cant watch them anymore :worship:

Please Mourinho please! Sell Oscar and Ramires. I cant watch them anymore :worship:

As world cup goes we seem to have hit rock bottom.

Our new Spanish acquisition go home early, Brazil destroyed.

Courtois is a definite gain.