test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rmpr

Brazil vs Netherlands Match Discussion Thread

Started by Rmpr,

300 posts in this topic

You think Brazil can stand up to it ?

Is n't it like a Steve Gerrard come to life situation ?

This should be a good display of how brazilian players are coping with the shameful performance and score against Germany. I'm hoping the players can overcome some of the psychological damage in this match, specially our players, Oscar & Co.

Van Gaal is spot on. This is an absolutely pointless match to play and should probably feature all the back-ups who didn't get a huge amount of playing time in the first six matches, but I can see Scolari trying to save his job and putting out a strong team. Wouldn't be surprised to see Oscar, Willian and Ramires start and maybe even have good games in a fixture that has absolutely no meaning whatsoever.

TorontoChelsea and Melanicus like this

Honestly never understood why there needs a game for third place other than FIFA getting more money. Imagine UEFA making us play another match at the end of last season against Bayern to decide the third place for the CL..

Prize money and prestige.

Well if the past third place play-off games are anything to go by, then this should be a goalfest. Six of the last eight third place games have had at least four goals in the game and only four teams have kept a clean sheet in these games in World Cup history.

Don't touch their moneys; they don't like it.

Being an extremely spiritual and religious individual, Scolari cannot change a starting lineup while the team wins (yup pks included). lol So, we may finally see a Brazilian lineup with Hernanes, and without Fred (not to mention the hobbit). Too little too late to avoid the fiasco, but as title is concerned, would have made no difference anyway.

Paixao, one of the coaches, put a lot of salt on the pitch prior to the match... for some silly reason... or maybe to proper season the Brazilian players prior to the banquet.

I don't see why it is pointless.

In the Olympics we have gold-silver and bronze medals.

It depends who you are though. If you are Brazil you want to disappear from the scene as fast as possible. If you are Holland third place is ok. If it was Greece we would look at it as a great possible achievement.

I can see it's absolutely jumping in here... :lol:

Hey @The Skipper, what do you think for tonight? I'm looking for inspiration for a bet so I can have a free one for tomorrow but I'm struggling. Will Van Gaal play a second string considering his comments? A lot of people have been saying 3rd place play-off has been high scoring since the 70s, but I can't see it here!

I can see it's absolutely jumping in here... :lol:

Hey @The Skipper, what do you think for tonight? I'm looking for inspiration for a bet so I can have a free one for tomorrow but I'm struggling. Will Van Gaal play a second string considering his comments? A lot of people have been saying 3rd place play-off has been high scoring since the 70s, but I can't see it here!

Van Gaal wants to win going by our starting line up:

https://twitter.com/football_oranje/status/488019063843860481

The Mak and Mohammed Seif like this

Honestly never understood why there needs a game for third place other than FIFA getting more money. Imagine UEFA making us play another match at the end of last season against Bayern to decide the third place for the CL..

That is absurdly different. This is the WC, the biggest sports event on the planet and it only happens once every four years. It is cool to have two great teams (well, not this year because Brazil is shit, but generally all the semi-finalists are good teams) playing each other for the bronze medal...It is the same reason why there are bronze medals in the Olympics!

Of course money is involved, but it is not something weird like many are trying to make.

It's bizarre. It's not like we make the losing semi-finalists of Wimbledon play one another, or the losing conference finalists in the NBA or NFL. It's completely different from things like the Olympics and is just an awkward affair all round.