test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rmpr

Germany vs Argentina Match Discussion Thread

Started by Rmpr,

514 posts in this topic

This is awkwardly set up like the 2012 CL final, with Chelsea being Argentina, but I just can't see us losing this. Even a mediocre perfromance by us like against France should see us bring the Cup home. Politics,Weather, referee can always play a role and make football a sport where you can rarely predict the outcome of a match of that magnitude. On footballing terms however the outcome is clear. Our name has been on the trophy for years, now or never is the time to finally take it.

Dion and iseah100 like this

Predictably, Messi was nowhere to be found against Holland, just like it happened against Belgium. He's a hero against teams like Bosnia and Nigeria and that's it.

Notice how Argentina vs Belgium and Argentina vs Holland were two of the most boring games of the WC. This is because of Argentina's tactic to lock the midfield and wait for a mistake from the opponent. It will not work on Germany.

So my prediction is, unless the Germans play the game cautiously and afraid (which is unlikely after the confidence boost they had against Brazil), Germany will hammer them. And I hope it does.

Kill 'em Schurrle!

Cholo likes this

Predictably, Messi was nowhere to be found against Holland, just like it happened against Belgium. He's a hero against teams like Bosnia and Nigeria and that's it.

Notice how Argentina vs Belgium and Argentina vs Holland were two of the most boring games of the WC. This is because of Argentina's tactic to lock the midfield and wait for a mistake from the opponent. It will not work on Germany.

So my prediction is, unless the Germans play the game cautiously and afraid (which is unlikely after the confidence boost they had against Brazil), Germany will hammer them. And I hope it does.

Kill 'em Schurrle!

Troll detected.

Go Argentina Go

Chelsea? likes this

Even though argentina haven't looked great so far, we just can't underestimate a side with players like messi, agüero, di maria (if fit), higuain,etc... Hopefully we can repeat last games performance. I'm buzzing

Germany better not enter this game like they've already won it!

The last time Argentina won a trophy was in 1993. Their fans are absurdly desperate to win a WC again and if they do it in Brazil it will be better than what they dreamed of!

Messi also wants to win the only trophy left for him so he can complete his legacy...

It wont be easy. I hope the Germans know it!

Kill 'em Schurrle!

So you didnt support Chelsea last year?

Cool

Germany better not enter this game like they've already won it!

The last time Argentina won a trophy was in 1993. Their fans are absurdly desperate to win a WC again and if they do it in Brazil it will be better than what they dreamed of!

Messi also wants to win the only trophy left for him so he can complete his legacy...

It wont be easy. I hope the Germans know it!

They won Olympic gold in 2008

This is the obvious final to me. The one I picked - even had a fight with the in laws over not picking Brazil. :)

I wanted Netherlands to make it, but suspected Argentina would somehow get their shit together and make it. They also have strong local support with so many Argentinians crossing the border.

Germany is the better team, but Argentina has a shot, obviously.

If I go back to my, "see where each player plays and how important he is for his club" Germany is the best team by far. Argentina has stand outs, but they also have many weak links.

GO GERMANY!!!

Everything is possible in football and the Germans know it.

They know they have to fight hard to break the Argentinian defense.

That doesnt count LOOOOL! :lol:

Is it really that funny? Winning a gold medal at the Olympic Games for your country should always be respected and honored with prestige. You should hope Argentina don't win, as even though Brazil have their 5 titles, the argentine bragging rights will exceed ten fold knowing they won their third on Brazilian soil.

iseah100 likes this

Is it really that funny? Winning a gold medal at the Olympic Games for your country should always be respected and honored with prestige. You should hope Argentina don't win, as even though Brazil have their 5 titles, the argentine bragging rights will exceed ten fold knowing they won their third on Brazilian soil.

It is hilarious because you are comparing a U-23 competition with real professional football. It is like me bragging Brazil has five U-20 WCs or whatever. It is not the same, lol. Although it is still nice to win them, nobody really counts it as trophies.

And winning a gold medal should indeed be respected, but the problem with football at the Olympics is the fact the best players simply arent there. What's the point in celebrating a gold medal if you didnt even compete with the best? Not even one third of the world's great players participate on the event.

I think the Olympics deserve to have proper football, but FIFA doesnt want it competing with the World Cup, so they downgrade it to a U-23 competition. Until this continues to happen, the Olympics isnt anything more than a summer tour for some nations to prepare their youth players. It is more of a mickey mouse cup than the Confederations Tournament...

Barbara likes this

This is awkwardly set up like the 2012 CL final, with Chelsea being Argentina, but I just can't see us losing this. Even a mediocre perfromance by us like against France should see us bring the Cup home. Politics,Weather, referee can always play a role and make football a sport where you can rarely predict the outcome of a match of that magnitude. On footballing terms however the outcome is clear. Our name has been on the trophy for years, now or never is the time to finally take it.

The on paper analogy is not 100% accurate.

Also they were playing in Allianz arena, the Bayern Munich stadium.

So the referee for the final is Italian.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germany%E2%80%93Italy_football_rivalry

Should that be allowed? Thought it would be a referee from a different continent to both Europe and South America

Europeans don't give two shits if the WC is won by a European team or not. Those of us Europeans cheering for Germany, it has nothing to do with the fact that Germany is a European team.

It's just the South Americans that have a grudge against Europe and cheer for each other just because of the continent.

If the referee was South American, THEN it would be a problem.