test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rmpr

Germany vs Argentina Match Discussion Thread

Started by Rmpr,

514 posts in this topic

Begrudgingly rooting for the Argentines. Can't stand Germans or Germany in general (no offence to the guys on here, you all seem alright ;)) and it'd be insane scenes if Leo Messi cements his legacy at the Maracana.

stroey and Kieran. like this

Support from Germany from unlikely quarters as Greek communist party leader mrs Paparigas said in parliament "that was something else boys", commenting on Germany's performence against Brazil. I left tv because I had a job at the press desk she added and when I came back it was 3-0.

papariga-aleka-660-eurokinissi.jpg

It is rumoured that mrs Paparigas first became a Bayern Munich fan because they have red colours and subsequently a Germany fan.

It's less one sided than 1990 though, is n't it ?

Argentina parked the bus, harsh penalty decision in the 83d minute.

Germany to win, even tough it will be nice to see Messi winning WC.

People from Argentina are very nice as well, and their players and fans really passionate.

Tough game here. Germany 1-0.

ps: the "Argentina is playing for South America" and "Germany is playing for Europe" is bullshit and pure chauvinism.

zolayes, Rmpr, The Skipper and 1 other like this

Germany to win, even tough it will be nice to see Messi winning WC.

People from Argentina are very nice as well, and their players and fans really passionate.

Tough game here. Germany 1-0.

ps: the "Argentina is playing for South America" and "Germany is playing for Europe" is bullshit and pure chauvinism.

That's true. Despite all the rivalry they're really nice and respectful people whenever they come to Brazil. I just can't root for them because if they win it here we'll never hear the end of it. Whenever a discussion of Brazilian vs. Argentinian football is brought up they will remind us of that. They will NEVER let us forget. I sure as hell don't want it to happen. One of their best players in history winning a World Cup inside our Maracanã? No, thank you. The 7-1 was historical enough for one World Cup.

After the match against Brazil, many are seriously overestimating Germany and underestimating Argentina. Yes, Germany's squad is better, but on paper Spain's squad was better than most other teams.' It's football. Shit happens. And Messi might happen, too.

iseah100 likes this

- Germany-Argentina : P3 G1 D2 A0

- W.Germany-Argentina : P4 G2 D1 A1

- E.Germany-Argentina : P1 G0 D1 A0

- Argentina have beaten Germany of any form just once : the 1986 WC final at the Azteca. This is also the only time they faced each other in the Americas before the Maracana on Sunday.

- All 7 previous WCs hosted in the Americas (3 N + 4 S) have been won by S. Americans.

- The team which faced the tougher semi opponent (winner of third place) has won the WC since 1994 (5 tournaments)

- Team that beats hosts in semis : W2 L2 (in WC history)

- The Brazil Curse : Since the tournament expanded to Quarters and R16, the team that beat Brazil before the final has never won the WC, losing the final on 3 occasions and exiting once in the semis

I still cannot believe Argentina is in the world cup final when at best they are probably not a top 4 team....

mang, the right brackets sucked.

Colombia, brazil, germany and france vs argentina, holland, costa rica, belgium

Both Mexico and Chile had a good chance to run the boards and make it to the final had they beaten the Netherlands.

iseah100 likes this