New look Chelsea website

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out the player pages, they've improved ten fold, the last website hadn't been updated since 2009.. and it showed. Anything is better than the old site, but Monaco & PSG's sites are still the front runners.

NHZT9bk.png

The last ones looked like daily mail articles, one picture.. then just a short story about their career.

Its the Monaco website pretty much the same as the Arsenal?

Its the Monaco website pretty much the same as the Arsenal?

*Just checked out the Arsenal site for the first time* and yea, pretty much identical, wtf..

The official site was best in 2005, the guy doing kick-ups for the loading animation, the site was predominantly silver/grey colour-wise too, looked classy af.

I'm not a fan of the new font tbh.

Anyone else having trouble activating their FanClub Plus subscription? I have ChelseaTV on Sky and the website says to enter my Sky viewing card number as the promotional code, but it doesn't accept it.

I don't like how the main item, the picture showing an article at the top, is just that. It should have been a scroll so I could see various latest news pieces from the top instead of having to go to the bottom of the website. Not that user-friendly but it's okay.

It looks okay, but could do with a few tweaks/improvements. Honestly, the old one wasn't too bad (in fact, tweaking that one and making it look a bit more like the PSG one in terms of style and how modern it looked would have been a-okay) but if we're sticking with this one, the one article being there big is kind of annoying. Also, this Fan Club + stuff. I was a fan of getting Digital Membership tbh alongside my own, not this one where you pay a certain amount every month. I mean, if I can just pay for one or two months (as Chelsea TV is only good for pre-season, for me) then it's perfect.

Hate it. Generally difficult to navigate, only shows 1 bit of news on the homepage unless you scroll down, has player profiles right at the bottom with selling some blue or yellow nylon for £50 deemed more important with a stupid 'shop' section, ticket section is much worse, match report centre is a joke and they've got rid of past match reports. It's just generally a bit tacky and rubbish.

Also, why not use the new font we introduced at the start of last season (the one on the Chelsea FC bit next to the badge) instead of some crap that they found on Microsoft word

Just tried it out for the first time today on my mobile and tablet. Realized I had private browsing on my iPhone and nothing was working. But once I switched it back to normal and logged in (no subscription or membership yet), I could view any of the videos on demand. So, it technically works, but it could be done so much smoother and with a better design, in my opinion. Hope it gets tweeked as we get closer to the season.

I'll have to see if I can watch live video once the next match rolls around. Might have to sign up for the Fan Club+ if it doesn't work. That was my biggest complaint last season. i had a membership which allowed me to watch Chelsea TV, but it didn't work on mobile devices. So, I just ended up using some Russian website to watch it anyway. Didn't even need the subscription. But I'd rather support them with my money if they can give me proper access to all the content.

Decided to try the Fan Club Plus+ membership. But I'm quite disappointed with it so far. The only benefit to it is that we'll apparently be able to watch the preseason matches live and we're supposed to be able to get the digital magazine and programs. BUT they don't seem to tell us how to obtain these digital subscriptions. Since I use an iPad to view them, I'd imagine there need to be a way to sign into my account through those apps and there isn't.

AND the major disappointment is that there seems to no longer be an online stream of Chelsea TV! I used to watch it all of the time. I loved seeing replays of recent and vintage matches. But now it seems that you only get to watch on-demand content (which a free membership allows as well) and supposedly the preseason matches. I'll try that out tomorrow. But I would love to be watching the replays of the preseason matches streamed on Chelsea TV, but I guess that's no longer possible online. :(

I can't really recommend the Plus membership right now. If a Chelsea match is televised, I'm sure you can find a link on some site to stream it or download it after the fact. I used to just watch through Chelsea TV but other sites might be easier.

My question is, is Chelsea TV an actual cable channel in the UK still? Or is there "channel" just a bunch of short clips online now?

Also, being a Video Producer/Editor who works on live streaming content quite often, I know how easy it is to set up a constant stream and update it with new content daily. For my company, we have a stream that we can utilize anytime for the same price. So, if we stream content constantly it will cost us the same as if we stream content only one or two days a week. So, I don't know why they wouldn't just have one person lining up content every day to be constantly streaming for us online Fan Club Plus+ members.

I think having old matches and interviews available for newer fans and supporters is very important. It allows new fans to really learn about the history and tradition of the club, which I think should be foundational to anyone who really wants to invest in supporting the club.

• 1 month later...