Attacking midfielders crisis?

Reus won player of the year in Bundesliga over Ribery, Kroos, Robben, Lewandowski, etc. And he is consistent in the CL and Bundesliga.

What exactly does Hazard do better than Reus? Dribble? I love Hazard, but Reus is better. Far better.

The ONLY thing Reus is better than Hazard at is finishing.

Far better? Absolutely ridiculous. If both were free agents right now Hazard would be much more coveted and go for a FAR bigger fee.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reus won player of the year in Bundesliga over Ribery, Kroos, Robben, Lewandowski, etc. And he is consistent in the CL and Bundesliga.

What exactly does Hazard do better than Reus? Dribble? I love Hazard, but Reus is better. Far better

That's just mind-bogglingly wrong but you are entitled to your opinion, regardless of how way off it is. Will Reus win the Player of the year ahead of Luis Suarez? Also wasn't Hazard voted 2nd in the Premier league player of the year ahead of Silva, Toure, Aguero and Sturridge? So that's hardly a good point.

What does Hazard do better than Reus? He creates MUCH more chances than him. Like I just posted, their goal-scoring stats for club are roughly equal. Hazard is also harder to deal with than Reus because of just how many weapons he possesses. He draws tons of defenders to him even though he is almost always double-marked (Reus is not) and creates space for others. I can go on but I'll stop there. There's no way Reus could have carried Chelsea on his back the way Hazard did last season. I just don't see him being able to.

The ONLY thing Reus is better than Hazard at is finishing.

Far better? Absolutely ridiculous. If both were free agents right now Hazard would be much more coveted and go for a FAR bigger fee.

Ridiculous indeed. But Hazard plays for us so he is under-estimated. I see that a lot. If Hazard was placed on the market today, he will be priced at 70+ million. Reus will be around 45 million at best.

I won't say that there is an attacking midfielders crisis yet. We were lacking creativeness from the middle of the park, and with Fabregas's arrival, i'm sure we will see something else very soon.

Add to that a real attacking LB (Luis ?) and even with Torres upfront, we will see another Chelsea.

Reus carried Dortmund.

No he did not. In fact, he was poor in the first half of last season but exploded in the second. No player has "carried" Dortmund at least since Klopp has been in charge. Not Reus, Lewa, Kagawa. Nobody. They are very much a team with a defined style of play, something we aren't. He also had the benefit of playing alongside Lewandowski in attack, a world class striker who scored 28 goals last season, more than all our strikers combined. Hazard didn't have that.

Reus carried Dortmund.

Reus created 90.chances.

Hazard created 92 chances.

Reus plays in a 2 team league that Bayern won at a cantor with months to spare.

Hazard plays in the most competitive league in the world and created about 20 more chances than the next highest in the league. He could've had 25+ assists last season if we didn't have donkey's up front who can't finish.

No he did not. No player has "carried" Dortmund at least since Klopp has been in charge. Not Reus, Lewa, Kagawa. Nobody. They are very much a team with a defined style of play, something we aren't. He also had the benefit of playing alongside Lewandowski in attack, a world class striker who scored 28 goals last season, more than all our strikers combined. Hazard didn't have that.

Still. You said Hazard was much more creative than Reus, 90 chances created to 92 for Hazard.

Still. You said Hazard was much more creative than Reus, 90 chances created to 92 for Hazard.

On top of that fact that Reus scores more goals and he is just a more explosive player in general. Reus was also injured most of this year, and performed better then Hazard in the CL this year. Did Eden even show up for the CL this year?

Reus plays in a 2 team league that Bayern won at a cantor with months to spare.

Hazard plays in the most competitive league in the world and created about 20 more chances than the next highest in the league. He could've had 25+ assists last season if we didn't have donkey's up front who can't finish.

But both Dortmund and Munich would win the EPL...

But both Dortmund and Munich would win the EPL...

Dortmund wouldn't win the PL.

It's the same thing with La Liga. 2-3 excellent sides and the rest fodder for them to beat up on. The same way Messi and CR7 score 60 goals in that league, Dortmund and Bayern smack around minnows week after week.

It's the same thing with La Liga. 2-3 excellent sides and the rest fodder for them to beat up on. The same way Messi and CR7 score 60 goals in that league, Dortmund and Bayern smack around minnows week after week.

I'm not disagreeing. I think the EPL is the most stacked league in the world in terms of quality competition week out. But both Dortmund and Munich are better sides then City. Just look at what team pushed Real harder. Dortmund for sure.

I meant in general. Besides, that's for last season only. Chances created are derived from key passes. A key pass is a pass that leads to an intentional assist for a goal. For instance Hazard' pass to De Bruyne for Belgium's 2nd goal vs USA will be considered a key pass. Consider just how wasteful we were last season and then consider how many potential "created chance" stats Hazard lost. Even a target man type striker like Max Kruse had more chances created than Reus, most likely because of the amount of goals his team scored as a result of his knock-downs and whatnot.

Like Hazard's assists last season. He created over 100+ chances last season if we are talking all competitions but only had 10 assists. That's bizarre and an indictment on our wasteful finishing which is something Jose lamented.

Now Reus on the other hand creates chances and he can be sure Lewa finishes them. Or Aubameyung (sp?). Or the Armenian guy and so on. That's the difference. Plus we are comparing across leagues. Compare Hazard's chances created stats to real playmakers like Silva, Mata and Carzola and he actually is above them. And the guy is not even a playmaker!

If not for injuries, they would. They have an elite team.

And every top notch player would bag 60+in La Liga? Doubt Suarez gets as many as he did this year over there.

You're wrong. But you can be wrong. It's okay.

I won't say that there is an attacking midfielders crisis yet. We were lacking creativeness from the middle of the park, and with Fabregas's arrival, i'm sure we will see something else very soon.

Add to that a real attacking LB (Luis ?) and even with Torres upfront, we will see another Chelsea.

Nice joke Mediator. :D

On top of that fact that Reus scores more goals and he is just a more explosive player in general. Reus was also injured most of this year, and performed better then Hazard in the CL this year. Did Eden even show up for the CL this year?

More explosive? Are you sure this is Reus you're talking about and not Messi?

If not for injuries, they would. They have an elite team.

And every top notch player would bag 60+in La Liga? Doubt Suarez gets as many as he did this year over there.

You're wrong. But you can be wrong. It's okay.

Neither last seasons Dortmund nor this coming seasons Dortmund would win the PL.

Suarez on last seasons form would score just as many as those two if the team ran through him. If Messi or CR7 were in the PL next season they'd score between 30-35 goals, 40 at a stretch. Nowhere near what the do in La Liga.

I'm starting to seriously doubt your understanding of football. You thinking Kroos is average was a start but thinking Reus is far better than Hazard is borderline Bushman here.

Neither last seasons Dortmund nor this coming seasons Dortmund would win the PL.

Suarez on last seasons form would score just as many as those two if the team ran through him. If Messi or CR7 were in the PL next season they'd score between 30-35 goals, 40 at a stretch. Nowhere near what the do in La Liga.

I'm starting to seriously doubt your understanding of football. You thinking Kroos is average was a start but thinking Reus is far better than Hazard is borderline Bushman here.

Even Mourinho said it in an interview: http://www.givemesport.com/419691-barcelona-real-madrid-are-easy-options-says-mourinho?&mobile=on

"Of course it is easier to succeed abroad. You go to Spain and there are two big clubs; you go to Germany and they have one big club and a little bit more. In Italy now there is one big team, although obviously more than one big club. So it is easier to succeed."

Mourinho felt the same applied for players in an individual capacity, claiming it was easier to rack up astonishing records, which some may see as a sly stab at the records of Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo at Barcelona and Real Madrid respectively.

“If you are an attacking player and go to Barcelona or Real Madrid, it is easier to score 50 goals than if you’re playing in England. Of course these clubs are a big attraction. You can’t blame a player," he added.