test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason

Netherlands v Argentina Match Discussion Thread

Started by Jason,

325 posts in this topic

far from flawless... should have given two yellows now (Demichelis and Indi), gave nothing but some soft words. That's how things got out of control in Colombia x Brazil

This has clearly been the recommendation from FIFA because it has been the case in most matches this WC. But he always has every thing under control.

And he just booked Martins. Happy? :P

This has clearly been the recommendation from FIFA because it has been the case in most matches this WC. But he always has every thing under control.

And he just booked Martins. Happy? :P

Demichelis could have gotten Wesley out of the match... there's no frigging recommendation that should allow that without any booking. It was an ugly tackle and his objective was never the ball. Not you or FIFA will convince me otherwise.

This Indi foul was softer than the first one, but it's okay if you like the Turkish :P

Can we just hand Germany the WC already. Both Netherlands and Argentina play extremely unattractive football. I don't think either will be able to handle
the Germans smooth passing (almost tiki taka in a sense) along with everyone on the pitch being a decent finisher.

iseah100 likes this

Demichelis could have gotten Wesley out of the match... there's no frigging recommendation that should allow that without any booking. It was an ugly tackle and his objective was never the ball. Not you or FIFA will convince me otherwise.

This Indi foul was softer than the first one, but it's okay if you like the Turkish :P

I think Martins was booked because it was his second time. You can't say he hasn't been consistent.

Messi and Robben competing for the best David Copperfield impression. Robben winning so far..

Sort of understandable in Messi's case to be fair. He's got a crowd of thugs around him at every step. Don't know why Robben has been Casper the Ghost out there.

I wanted Holland to win its first World Cup but I just can't see either of these teams beating Germany if they don't step up in the finals.

Rmpr likes this

LvG really has set this side up so well. They particularly look solid at the back.

I want Holland to win today, but it'd be just unfair for Germany not to be crowned champions...

Actualy, a Germany vs Holland final would just be depressing. If Germany doesnt win it will be the most anti-climax stories of all time. But if Holland doesnt win they will be runner-ups for the fourth time, wow!

Clasie to have a big game, proper midfield metronome.

Pretty ballsie move by van Gaal. He's been the best manager in this world cup.