test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason

Netherlands v Argentina Match Discussion Thread

Started by Jason,

325 posts in this topic

you're a weird Brazilian

you know little about Brazil if you're surprised by that. I'd be cheering for frigging Luxembourg rather than Argentina. Me and most Brazilians. But I also happen to love Netherlands a lot, so it's a win-win situation for me to support them.

Rmpr likes this

you know little about Brazil if you're surprised by that. I'd be cheering for frigging Luxembourg rather than Argentina. Me and most Brazilians. But I also happen to love Netherlands a lot, so it's a win-win situation for me to support them.

Every American nation hates Argentina lol. Not just Brazil. That being said, I'd rather they knock off Netherlands for personal reasons. #NoEraPenal:ph34r:

I don't care either way though.

Weren't you gonna go to one of the semifinal games?

hope Argentina wins, but kinda surprised Netherlands aren't huge favorites to win this

Every American nation hates Argentina lol. Not just Brazil. That being said, I'd rather they knock off Netherlands for personal reasons. #NoEraPenal:ph34r:

I don't care either way though.

Weren't you gonna go to one of the semifinal games?

going to Brazil x Germany

Important Announcement:

Just a heads up for everyone that the staff will NOT allow what happened in the Brazil vs Colombia and Argentina vs Belgium match discussion threads to be repeated repeated here or in any other thread. We understand that these matches can get extremely emotional but the needless, pointless bickering and mud slinging will not be tolerated and we certainly won't stand for insulting and generalizing any traits for a whole country or nationality. Let's keep the talk about football only.

We also urge people not to be over-defensive about their NTs and keep in mind that this is a multi-national community. Not everyone will be rooting for your team.

Thank you for your cooperation

Nour, on behalf of the TC staff team.

Rmpr, communicate and sutro like this

How come has Argentina become the favourite to win the world cup ?

As far as late developments are concerned the only ones I know of concern Brazil (Neymar's injury and Silva not playing today).
Can you illuminate ?

Tournament Stats

Holland goals = 12-4, 90 minute points = 13, elo rating = 2029 approx., sum of elo ratings of opponents so far = 9312.

Argentina goals = 8-4, 90 minute points = 15, elo rating = 2044 approx., sum of elo rating of opponents so far = 8802.

Holland has the edge.

Men to watch

For Holland Roben (world cup MVP so far), for Argentina Messi.

Supporters

Brazilians are unlikely to root for Argentina, but I expect there will be lots of Argentinians.

A derby match in which Holland's 90 minute win is somewhat of a value bet, for those who think of placing a bet.,

Argentina's support will be incredible to witness as it always is, I expect it to be the deciding factor in all honesty.

Hope an Argentina victory, a player of Messi's calibre deserves a world cup.

Especially if he wins it on Brazil soil, the Brazil fans won't ever hear the end of it from the Argentines. 'Brasil Decime Que se siente tener en casa a tu papa!!!'

I don't get it why players should be susceptible to the chanting of the crowds.

I mean I experienced it once but it was different. We went to play with another school and they said look we are going to break your legs here. Confidentially they said to me "we will spare you because you used to be a pupil in our school", which was true by sheer coincidence. But there was no FIFA observer present or anything like that, so it was justified. My class lost 3-1.

If I was a real player I would n't care less what the terrace scum shout.