test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason

Brazil v Germany Match Discussion Thread

Started by Jason,

784 posts in this topic

Don't worry, if Brazil wins it somehow - don't think will - he'll find at least a throw-in that should have been given to Germany and was given to Brazil to justify it.

It's absolutely ridiculous how some people discredit the fact that Brazil played crappy throughout the whole tournament except the first half against Colombia and at points against Chile and still put their hearts and blood and qualified despite being crappy.

Mexico, Costa Rica, Colombia and whoever else you want to name that played so well and what have that gotten them? They aren't in the SF, are they? So the fact one team overcomes bad football and still wins is an achievement, not something to be dismissed by RIDICULOUS officiating interference assumption that didn't even happen to start with.

Brazil was a bar away from leaving in the round of 16 where Howard refused to call a clear penalty and disallowed a goal that live, in motion without replay, couldn't be clear that was handball. The best angle to see the ball hitting Hulk's arm isn't where any of the referees were positioned. Many of Colombia players deserved yellows as much as Brazil, and as a consequence of a lenient referee a guy felt free to knee someone's back - he knew he wouldn't be punished for that.

Say whatever you want: that we didn't deserve, that we played anti-Brazilian football, that Brazil is a shame, but please, stop making fool of yourselves saying that Brazil has been benefited by lucky calls because who wasn't? Little poor Mexico that got a penalty at last minute instead of one in the first time that clearly happened. We had a lot of unlucky calls too - that means it's crappy officiating all around, not especially favoring us. Except the match against Croatia, we haven't been blatantly, much less effectively benefited any more than we were harmed or unlucky. Offsides, penalties, fouls, cards... we have it against us and nobody comments.

That said, I think Germany has a better team and should make it into the final and if there's a call benefiting Brazil I will eat a humble pie and admit we were benefited, but that needs to happen and it hasn't since the first game. And if Germany wins it all is deservedly imo. I would defend any other team from the shameful assumptions I keep reading here. As I said before sounds petty and bitter. Now, I'm going to travel to Belo Horizonte, in my Schürrle kit (great thing I won't be around here tomorrow during the match to read every throw-in that shouldn't be given to Brazil) as a part of the biggest conspiracy to make Brazil make it to the final. They just forgot to send the memo to Pinila (Pinilla?).

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/28172053

You're right, Brazil have gotten NO benefical calls. Come off it, even YOU don't believe that.

Also, Mexico should have got a pk in the Holland game and the penalty they gave Holland wasn't a penalty. It was a dive. But you hate Mexico so you ignore that.

Scraped by on pk's vs Chile. Commited assault vs James and Colombia. They have been very poor, they have been very lucky to make it this far. But they have so no one is allowed to criticize them.

Germany win, better rounded, better individuals, not reliant on one player, more depth, composure.

Howard's faced the repercussions of his performance in the 2010 final this year :lol:. Didn't get high-profile matches properly thus far. It's a shame because (when it's not Man United) he is genuinely an outstanding referee. That's fifa for you..

It's a shame, because for me he had by far the best ref performance this tournament in the Brazil vs Chile match.

Brazil and Germany have each 7 "finals", whoever wins today will go to their 8th final and become the country with most appearances in finals...

Dion likes this

I wonder how many commentators around the world will be able to differentiate Willian, Marcelo and Dante! :Goober:

James likes this

#GER vs the host country in major tournaments:

9 W ('62, '72, ’76, ’82, ’86, ’92, ’96, ’02, ’08)

2 L (’58, ’66)

It's a tough match for Brazil. It will take a special performance from a number of players to beat Germany. Oscar needs to step up along with Hulk. David Luiz has been fantastic for Brazil, but he's doing way above his responsibilities as a defender. The attacking players need to produce something on this stage or Brazil will go home... heh stay home.

Wish Scolari would go with pace up front with HUlk instead of Fred because of how high Germany's defense line plays.

I'd be really surprised if Fred managed to have a good game today. Nothing about this game helps him: lots of space, tall strong defenders who do well in the air.

However, while Germany has the advantage, Brazil can win without a doubt. At this level, the teams are more alike, in terms of quality, than people realize.

Just hope for a great game.

Rmpr likes this