test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason

Brazil v Germany Match Discussion Thread

Started by Jason,

784 posts in this topic

We have Oscar, Willian, Ramirez, Luiz (honoris causa) in Brazil's lineup, Andre Schurrle in Gemany's.

None in Holland or Argentine - that's why those two are not winning the world cup.

My ideal line up for this game would be:

César; Maicon, Luiz, Dante, Marcelo; Paulinho, Fernandinho, Gustavo; Oscar; Willian and Hulk.

Germany defense is slow, Brazil needs speed. Fred would be even more useless in this game.

But, there are reports suggesting Brazil might just replace Neymar with the returning Luis Gustavo, because of Thomas Müller. If that happens to be true, Brazil reached a new low. Changing its system for the first time because of Thomas Müller...

Brazil have been far from impressive so far. Fred is useless, Hulk blows hot and cold. Oscar is playing as he was the 2nd half of last season. Neymar was the only hope they had. With Silva, their best defender suspended also, only one result i can see. German and their annoyingly efficient way to prevail.

iseah100 likes this

Brazil have been far from impressive so far. Fred is useless, Hulk blows hot and cold. Oscar is playing as he was the 2nd half of last season. Neymar was the only hope they had. With Silva, their best defender suspended also, only one result i can see. German and their annoyingly efficient way to prevail.

That was before the Colombia game, where we actually played very well even with Neymar having his worst game in a long time!

Also, Germany has been faaaaaar from impressive. They are not near the powerhouse people are making them to be...

Reddish-Blue likes this

That was before the Colombia game, where we actually played very well even with Neymar having his worst game in a long time!

Also, Germany has been faaaaaar from impressive. They are not near the powerhouse people are making them to be...

Brazil nor Germany have been impressive. That said, I think the loss of Thiago will be too much for Brazil. He has saved there ass a couple of times and he is more intimidating than Dante or whoever else they replace them with. Germany dominated France.

I want penalties.

boshman, Reddish-Blue and Amblève. like this

Totally agree, Germany haven't been as dominant as people are making them out to be

If Brazil plays like they did against Colombia, they will go through to the WC Final

Rmpr likes this

I just say, the referee appointment for this match is ridiculous. There are three meaningful matches left in the tournament and instead of appointing Webb, Rizolli or that Turkish ref, they hire the Mexican ref who wrongly sent Marchisio off and missed the Suarez bite. Granted neither were easy calls, but the match he refereed was one of the most controversial in the tournament.

Howard's faced the repercussions of his performance in the 2010 final this year :lol:. Didn't get high-profile matches properly thus far. It's a shame because (when it's not Man United) he is genuinely an outstanding referee. That's fifa for you..

César; Maicon, Luiz, Dante, Marcelo; Paulinho, Fernandinho, Gustavo; Oscar; Willian and Hulk.

Germany defense is slow, Brazil needs speed. Fred would be even more useless in this game.

But, there are reports suggesting Brazil might just replace Neymar with the returning Luis Gustavo, because of Thomas Müller. If that happens to be true, Brazil reached a new low. Changing its system for the first time because of Thomas Müller...

Why Maicon over Alves?

Lahm, boateng, Hummels, Höwedes are all far from slow. Boateng is even faster than Schürrle. We all know you will hand over posession to us, but do you have the players to exploit the space we leave behind. No team has really managed to score on the counter against us, because our backline is so fast and we got Manuel Neuer. 'We are not exactly an offensive firework (unless the opponent is Portugal and everything goes in our favour) but provided we make no blatant mistakes in defense which scarcely happens, you just don't score against us. Which is why we will be world champions next week. Ironically, how the German press slashed Chelsea for being super-defensive, now we are going tow in the WC with pretty similar tactics.

Amblève. likes this

Honestly, I like this german team, and how they embraced our culture during their stay here, so much that I wouldn't be even mad if they beat us, as long as they don't lose the finals to Argentina if they reach finals too.

https://tv.dfb.de/video/28-tage-brasilien/8891/

http://tv.dfb.de/video/gruesse-an-die-fans-in-brasilien/6812/

:wub::wub::wub::wub:

Barbara and zyzz like this

They both have; it's not mutually exclusive.

Germany have been effiecient, strangulating the opponents. The heat and home support will make it tough for them, but really, they should have no excuses. If they fuck it up this time, they'll rightly be branded chokers. I hope they win, I have a soft spot for them ever since the Saudi Arabia game in 2002 - it is my earliest WC memory.

I just hope we get to talk about a good football match, not refereeing.

Don't worry, if Brazil wins it somehow - don't think will - he'll find at least a throw-in that should have been given to Germany and was given to Brazil to justify it.

It's absolutely ridiculous how some people discredit the fact that Brazil played crappy throughout the whole tournament except the first half against Colombia and at points against Chile and still put their hearts and blood and qualified despite being crappy.

Mexico, Costa Rica, Colombia and whoever else you want to name that played so well and what have that gotten them? They aren't in the SF, are they? So the fact one team overcomes bad football and still wins is an achievement, not something to be dismissed by RIDICULOUS officiating interference assumption that didn't even happen to start with.

Brazil was a bar away from leaving in the round of 16 where Howard refused to call a clear penalty and disallowed a goal that live, in motion without replay, couldn't be clear that was handball. The best angle to see the ball hitting Hulk's arm isn't where any of the referees were positioned. Many of Colombia players deserved yellows as much as Brazil, and as a consequence of a lenient referee a guy felt free to knee someone's back - he knew he wouldn't be punished for that.

Say whatever you want: that we didn't deserve, that we played anti-Brazilian football, that Brazil is a shame, but please, stop making fool of yourselves saying that Brazil has been benefited by lucky calls because who wasn't? Little poor Mexico that got a penalty at last minute instead of one in the first time that clearly happened. We had a lot of unlucky calls too - that means it's crappy officiating all around, not especially favoring us. Except the match against Croatia, we haven't been blatantly, much less effectively benefited any more than we were harmed or unlucky. Offsides, penalties, fouls, cards... we have it against us and nobody comments.

That said, I think Germany has a better team and should make it into the final and if there's a call benefiting Brazil I will eat a humble pie and admit we were benefited, but that needs to happen and it hasn't since the first game. And if Germany wins it all is deservedly imo. I would defend any other team from the shameful assumptions I keep reading here. As I said before sounds petty and bitter. Now, I'm going to travel to Belo Horizonte, in my Schürrle kit (great thing I won't be around here tomorrow during the match to read every throw-in that shouldn't be given to Brazil) as a part of the biggest conspiracy to make Brazil make it to the final. They just forgot to send the memo to Pinila (Pinilla?).

Rmpr, thedrog108 and Dion like this

The thing with the Germans is though they can play bad and still win, they a very efficient team that doesn't really rely on an individual player as much as some teams, I mean they are into the semi finals without their world class number 10 playing anywhere near his best where in contrast to Brazil, who were inspired by Neymar - not every game obviously he struggled vs Mexico and Colombia - or Argentina inspired by Messi or Holland by Robben etc. They aren't exactly pleasing to watch but they get the job done, also as we seen against Portugal they are very capable of stepping it up a few gears too if they want to and they have that sort of gritty win at all costs mentality about them. I don't think anyone should underestimate them, no matter how poor Ozil is playing or the fact they only have one recognised striker in their squad.

They have gone out of the last two international tournaments at the semi final stages too, they have a point to prove, will be a cracking game I reckon, even without Neymar in the Brazil team.

I think Germany win this one 2-1 though, Brazil were good against Colombia even with Neymar huffing and puffing in the game but the Germans just have that sort of feel about them.

boshman likes this

Top teams save themselves and perform better with each match further in competiton.

Beautiful game means shit to players or managers today, as long they win. I would expect people to realize that by now, after Chelsea, Atletico, Inter etc...

Spain was average in last WC, or to say nothing impressive, yet they won and same with Italy 4 years before.

Germany was playing beautifuly last WC but they didnt win it.

Playing nice is not in plan of any manager in WC that wants to win the thing. They adopt tactics for specific game and try to win it.

I think this will be equal fight, germans have experience, composure and efficiency while brazil has support, weather, spirit.

Germany will probably win, but I will cheer for brazil.

Sheva. and Dion like this

Some Brazilians told me that neither willian nor Bernard will start.

It's going to be Alves-dante-luiz-marcelo

Gustavo

Fernandinho-Paulinho

Oscar-Fred-Hulk

Gustavo

Fernandinho-Paulinho

Oscar-Fred-Hulk

Those Brazilians are just guessing. Nobody knows the line up.

Its between Willian and 3 DM.

Bernard starting: 0 chance.

Gustavo

Fernandinho-Paulinho

Oscar-Fred-Hulk

Those Brazilians are just guessing. Nobody knows the line up.

Its between Willian and 3 DM.

Bernard starting: 0 chance.

Don't get me wrong. I agree, Germany have also been far from impressive. In fact no team has really set the tournament alight. And it would give me no greater pleasure as an Englishmen to see them get spanked!! But with Neymar and Thiago out it will prove costly IMO. The Germans defensively are strong. They are well organised and their usual efficient selves. For these reasons i just can't see anything other than a German win.

Brazil nor Germany have been impressive. That said, I think the loss of Thiago will be too much for Brazil. He has saved there ass a couple of times and he is more intimidating than Dante or whoever else they replace them with. Germany dominated France.

I want penalties.

Excactly my point. The loss of their two most influential players will be too much.

I'm torn on this one, I just feel the passion of Brazil might edge them over the line. For me the first thing for the Germans to do is to somehow quieten the crowd because it will be fucking mental there tonight. Doing that won't be easy but if they can just keep tight possession of the ball and be solid, frustrate Brazil it could really do them a huge justice IMO.

1-0 either way.