Who is the next preferred CM signing?

Despite the Fabregas signing we still need a proper regista and none of the names on the list fits the bill. Some may say Kroos is one but he's always been an all round CM/AM to me. unfortunately the quality DLP's around are either unavailable or too old.

Modric would be Ideal but unrealistic. Can't complain if we sign any of Kroos,Vidal or Pogba though, the rest aren't my cup of tea.

Modric could be the right option but like you said, that Real won't sell him for sure.

I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with Tiago.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Modric could be the right option but like you said, that Real won't sell him for sure.

I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with Tiago.

Yes me too. He's a free agent isn't he. Personally I would rather give that spot to Van Ginkel who has faded into the background in peoples mind. But if he comes in and has an eto'o like impact then no one would complain.

Yes me too. He's a free agent isn't he. Personally I would rather give that spot to Van Ginkel who has faded into the background in peoples mind. But he's free so what the heck.

Eventhough he's ex-blue and Jose's trusted guy, he offers nothing new in footballing terms. With experienced guns like Matic, Cesc and Ramires in the squad, it's the perfect stage for v.Ginkel and maybe, even, Chalobah to get some decent game time. We certainly don't need him just because he is experienced, and he isn't a stopgap either.

In my ultimate fantasy land... Angel Di Maria (while moving Willian to the middle) or maybe Pogba.

Realistically, nobody else that will start, there is no reason to in all honesty.

Do Maria gives the ball away too many times when he is pressed at the centre of the park. Not a CM in my opinion.

I'd rather play him on the wings to utilize his fiery pace and his ability to cut in. He's like a glorified Aaron Lennon.

We wont sign another central midfield player I'd imagine. Matic holding with Rami on the right side and Cesc on the left side in a 3 man midfield is more than good enough provided Rami picks his form up a bit then that midfield really will have a bit of everything, power and aggression in Matic, creativity, control and goals in Cesc and pace, stamina and goals in Rami provided he gets his head out his arse.

Do Maria gives the ball away too many times when he is pressed at the centre of the park. Not a CM in my opinion.

I'd rather play him on the wings to utilize his fiery pace and his ability to cut in. He's like a glorified Aaron Lennon.

That's what I meant by moving Willian to the central role.

Happy with what we've got atm tbh. As long as we stick with the 4-2-3-1.

If we're going to convert to the 4-3-3 then I guess Vidal. But I reckon Oscar dropping back wouldn't be a bad shout either.

Pogba will be far too expensive, as good a player as he is, and Tiago, Khedira and Kroos wouldn't be worth the money (Tiago in wage terms).

The only other players that might be available who could work are Hamsik or Witsel, but I don;t think either of them well be as easily gettable as Vidal.

We have spent about 50M on central midfielders in the last 6 months. We have Matic, Fabergas, and Ramires who will all play regularly and Mikel, and Van Ginkel who are also capable of playing significant minutes for 2 spots. We're not buying another central midfielder unless we are going to sell Ramires which seems very unlikely.

I love how during the transfer season, the sensible posts, like this one, are mostly just ignored! :lol:

I would like to see Van Ginkel get a run in the side before we splash more cash. but if we really had to buy another Cm it would have to be Pogba for me.But first lets offload Mikel, Ramires, McEachran, Marin and Moses and recoup some cash for a change.

PS. Cant remember looking forward to a new season as much as I am looking forward to this one with our new look attack and midfield. Hope it's worth the wait :blush:

I really don't understand the purpose of this topic.

Mourinho favor the 4-2-3-1 system. Matic will play alongside Fabregas, then Hazard, William, Oscar, Schurle, Salah will share the 3 spots behind the lone striker.

Van Ginkel is also returning from injury. There won't e any other CM signing, unless its a player for the future or a squad player.

I really don't understand the purpose of this topic.

Mourinho favor the 4-2-3-1 system. Matic will play alongside Fabregas, then Hazard, William, Oscar, Schurle, Salah will share the 3 spots behind the lone striker.

Van Ginkel is also returning from injury. There won't e any other CM signing, unless its a player for the future or a squad player.

How do you know that for sure? If he wants to bring the best out of the current squad, 4-3-3 is the way to go and he certainly knows that. And we are already linked to a bunch of them who aren't squad players or players for the future--Pogba, Kroos, Vidal, Khedira

How do you know that for sure? If he wants to bring the best out of the current squad, 4-3-3 is the way to go and he certainly knows that. And we are already linked to a bunch of them who aren't squad players or players for the future--Pogba, Kroos, Vidal, Khedira

He said in the beginning of last season he wanted to implement this system. Since his Inter de Milan success, his new system is 4-2-3-1. He used this system with Real as well and with Chelsea lasts season. Basically it means in the last 6 or 5 years the 4-2-3-1 is Mourinho system.

There is nothing to suggest at this point he want to go back to the 4-3-3.

http://www.sportskeeda.com/general-sports/the-evolution-of-jose-mourinho/

I think its easier to see Mourinho adopting a two striker formation at some point: like Higuiain and Benzema in some Real games, than adopting the 4-3-3.

Mourinho favor the 4-2-3-1 system. Matic will play alongside Fabregas, then Hazard, William, Oscar, Schurle, Salah will share the 3 spots behind the lone striker. Van Ginkel is also returning from injury. There won't e any other CM signing, unless its a player for the future or a squad player.

If Ramires doesn't start the majority of games (that he's available for) I would be wholly surprised.

If Ramires doesn't start the majority of games (that he's available for) I would be wholly surprised.

That will be really shocking, but if that happen I don't think Mourinho will change his system, Ramires would play as second DM alongside Matic, and Fabregas would be playing in a more attacking position, in the middle, while Hazard and the other guys will be playing on the wings. and even Ramires can play as a winger (lol).