Who is the next preferred CM signing?

With the rumor mills milling to its full strength, few world-class CM have been rumored to make their way to the Bridge.

The names include:

Pogba

Kroos

Vidal

Khedira

Tiago

..........Matic........

....Fabregas......New CM

could definitely see us walk the League.

With the defensive solidarity of Matic and the vision and creativity of Fabregas, another box-to-box CM in the likes of Pogba or Vidal means we'll be boasting the best centre- midfield in England and arguably in Europe itself.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cant see us buy anyone unless we sell rambo.

a trio of

-----matic------

--cesc--rambo--

is in itself a brilliant one.

kroos and cesc in the same team make no sense.

vidal and pogba are wc players without a doubt and would make us one of the best teams in the world.

thiago (? - is it alcantara? or the ATM's tiago?) would not be sold by bayern at any cost.

tiago would be a useless signing. would rather have rambo, mvg and chalobah as the 3 other options.

With the rumor mills milling to its full strength, few world-class CM have been rumored to make their way to the Bridge.

The names include:

Pogba

Kroos

Vidal

Khedira

Thiago

..........Matic........

....Fabregas......New CM

With the defensive solidarity of Matic and the vision and creativity of Fabregas, another box-to-box CM in the likes of Pogba or Vidal means we'll be boasting the best centre- midfield in England and arguably in Europe itself.

Tiago mendes on a free transfer will be a squad player, you don't need to list him there.

Based on your other names, I would say Pogba.

cant see us buy anyone unless we sell rambo.

a trio of

-----matic------

--cesc--rambo--

is in itself a brilliant one.

kroos and cesc in the same team make no sense.

vidal and pogba are wc players without a doubt and would make us one of the best teams in the world.

thiago (? - is it alcantara? or the ATM's tiago?) would not be sold by bayern at any cost.

tiago would be a useless signing. would rather have rambo, mvg and chalobah as the 3 other options.

ATM Thiago, obviously. Some sees him as the better option than v.Ginkel and Chalovah because he provides much experience to our centre-mid, but with Matic and Fabregas in our squad, I don't see any need for that.

Ramires could be used to his full strength in a 4-3-3, but if we can get Pogba, I'd be happy shipping him to Carlo.

Axel Witsel would be my ultimate fantasy choice. It's like the guy is hand-made for the "Essien role" - that one piece of the midfield puzzle we've yet to fill. Unless we sign Pogba instead (far more likely, though for that price I'd rather not...), it'll be another season of square pegs (Mikel, Ramires) in round holes. A 4-3-3 will be "kinder" on Ramires. In the 4-2-3-1, especially when he's played out wide, there is too much of a reliance on him actually passing the ball, which, as we all know, he is rather shit at. Rambo's strengths are his combative nature and dribbling with the ball - played in the "Essien role" (basically in a 4-3-3 you have a sitter - Matic - an attacker - Cesc - and a marauder who does a bit of both - the "Essien role) he could have a good season for us. But I'm of the belief he had a stinker of a season in 13/14 and I'm not sure if he has a future here if we make another big midfield signing.

Personally I'd rather we just gave Chalobah, McEachran and Aké a bit of a go in midfield next season than splashing the cash just now. There's always January if things go tits up.

Tiago looks like it's definitely happening, which I'm happy about. The bloke has basically convinced half of Atletico's team to join us. Plus he's a class act himself. Great guy with a terrific attitude and a player we let go far too early. He'll bring experience and nurture the younger players in the sqaud.

Defensive midfielder in Matic.

Playmaker in Fabregas.

Now we only need box to box to have a perfectly balanced midfield.

We have one in Ramires, but from that list - Vidal or Pogba and we would have the best midfield in Europe in terms of balance.

ATM Thiago, obviously. Some sees him as the better option than v.Ginkel and Chalovah because he provides much experience to our centre-mid, but with Matic and Fabregas in our squad, I don't see any need for that.

Ramires could be used to his full strength in a 4-3-3, but if we can get Pogba, I'd be happy shipping him to Carlo.

precisely. vidal/pogba make sense if we ship out rambo for 25mil (which i think is not gonna happen since they are getting kroos and already have isco, illa, alonso, casemiro, khedira, maria).

as for tiago, we have plenty of experience in cesc, matic and rambo.

Ideally it would be great if we signed a B2B midfielder to compliment Matic and Fabregas, but I'm not sure it's a priority for Jose. If Oscar isn't leaving, our midfield might be some variation of Matic-Fabregas-Oscar, with Oscar tracking back and helping out. If it proves to be too lightweight, Ramires/Tiago will step in.

We have spent about 50M on central midfielders in the last 6 months. We have Matic, Fabergas, and Ramires who will all play regularly and Mikel, and Van Ginkel who are also capable of playing significant minutes for 2 spots. We're not buying another central midfielder unless we are going to sell Ramires which seems very unlikely.

The names include:

Pogba

Kroos

Vidal

Khedira

Tiago

..........Matic........

....Fabregas......New CM

Despite the Fabregas signing we still need a proper regista and none of the names on the list fits the bill. Some may say Kroos is one but he's always been an all round CM/AM to me. unfortunately the quality DLP's around are either unavailable or too old.

Modric would be Ideal but unrealistic. Can't complain if we sign any of Kroos,Vidal or Pogba though, the rest aren't my cup of tea.