test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rmpr

Argentina vs Belgium Match Discussion Thread

Started by Rmpr,

309 posts in this topic

I feel that Wilmots is disrespecting Lukaku big time.

Romelu and Benteke have qualified Belgium to this World Cup. Origi wasn't even in the squad for the qualifying games.

That's what differentiates top class managers (Mourinho, Van Gaal etc.) from mugs like Wilmots - they earn their players' respect and the players trust them.

Lukaku has contributed to Belgium's qualifying campaing, had a great season in England and has changed the game against USA. What did he get in return? Subbed after 60 minutes in every game, benched in the Round of 16 and now benched against Argentina in the Quarter-finals.

All this for an 18 yo kid that has scored 6 goals in the last 2 years.

I agree Lukaku was nothing special in the group stage, but his game improved after that. Respect your players for Christ sake. He helped your team go to Brazil, don't bench him for a guy that did nothing so far.

This ESPN announcer just said Hazard needs to be less selfish and get his teammates involved. Wtf?

Espn ....... Tggg

iseah100 likes this

I feel that Wilmots is disrespecting Lukaku big time.

Romelu and Benteke have qualified Belgium to this World Cup. Origi wasn't even in the squad for the qualifying games.

That's what differentiates top class managers (Mourinho, Van Gaal etc.) from mugs like Wilmots - they earn their players' respect and the players trust them.

Lukaku has contributed to Belgium's qualifying campaing, had a great season in England and has changed the game against USA. What did he get in return? Subbed after 60 minutes in every game, benched in the Round of 16 and now benched against Argentina in the Quarter-finals.

All this for an 18 yo kid that has scored 6 goals in the last 2 years.

I agree Lukaku was nothing special in the group stage, but his game improved after that. Respect your players for Christ sake. He helped your team go to Brazil, don't bench him for a guy that did nothing so far.

Origi scored the winner against Russia. Helped change the game against Algeria and looked better starting for Belgium against USA than Lukaku has in the games he started in the group stage. Bringing on Lukaku against USA later on worked. It is not like Lukaku was not given faith. He started both games in the group stage when he was poor in the first one.

Like yeah I agree Lukaku has had a brilliant season but your reasons for starting Lukaku I do not agree with and you said Origi has done "nothing" so far. He has earned his place in the starting 11 for this game.

I don't understand why Fellaini is playing in Belgium's biggest game in years. At all.