test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rmpr

Argentina vs Belgium Match Discussion Thread

Started by Rmpr,

309 posts in this topic

Not against Kompany and Courtois! he is going to need much more then half a yard of space to score past them!

The same Kompany Messi made look like a fool in the CL? :P

Well they do create chances and there was also Howard to beat.

From those chances only the one lost by Mirallas was a stupid miss. In the 80th minute I think it was. Could have sidestepped the keeper and pass it in the empty net, instead he shot straight at him.

Belgium's finishing was very poor. And I'm not talking about the shots, the final pass was often missing or poor. But even from the saves that Howard made, only a couple were spectacular, imo. The rest was more poor finishing than great keeping.

TorontoChelsea likes this

Belgium's finishing was very poor. And I'm not talking about the shots, the final pass was often missing or poor. But even from the saves that Howard made, only a couple were spectacular, imo. The rest was more poor finishing than great keeping.

Can't agree.

You can call Nigeria, Switzerland, Greece poor finishers.

Unlucky yes.

It looks to me like a case of endurance now. The strong guys expect the opposition to crumble in the last twenty minutes-extra time and then pounce. Early goals are scarce.

So you should be asking can Belgium take on Argentina for stamina ?

Please, just beat the Argies!

Losing Neymar and Thiago Silva is bad enough for a single weekend...

I want more Argentina to lose, than Brazil to win. lol

Thats why I'm with Belgium today.

Rmpr likes this

jytubyde.jpg

Unlike some members here, I don't let the annoying fans bias my thinking about teams. Belgium to win tomorrow, specially because I want to face Belgium in the final, if we get there. Its the easier, after Costa Rica.

Unlike some members here, I don't let the annoying fans bias my thinking about teams. Belgium to win tomorrow, specially because I want to face Belgium in the final, if we get there. Its the easier, after Costa Rica.

Hahahahaha! Do you even read the stuff you write on the Brazil pages? Self deception is one of evolutions Great Inventions, innit?

tumblr_ml0z6kDanP1rijbg1o1_500.gif

Ps: Also, reread here or on any of the belgian pages and try to find a biased fans view of mine where I boast my country. I dare you.

GOOD LUCK TO "MY TALKCHELSEA - CHELSEA FC" FANS FROM "BELGIUM & TO THE BELGIANS" NATIONAL FOOTBALL TEAM HERE TONIGHT.

@Stingray - Good Luck To Your/You're Country Tonight. I LOVE YOU LongTime.

mediator and Stingray like this

IMO Argentina will win this but a close game. Belgium just lack the finishing product. Messi only needs one chance to score, this is where the difference is at.

IMO Argentina will win this but a close game. Belgium just lack the finishing product. Messi only needs one chance to score, this is where the difference is at.

Didn't score against Courtois in 7 games. Bet he had a good opportunity in at least one of them. ;-)

Need Belgium to be much more efficient in the final third today. Must make the most of possession in the final third. Switzerland didn't and paid the price for it in the 118th minute.

I think Lukaku needs to start.

It will be interesting to see how Belgium will behave...

Will it face Argetina h2h or will it go out there scared (like Colombia did)?

It will be interesting to see how Belgium will behave...

Will it face Argetina h2h or will it go out there scared (like Colombia did)?

We always start with a good defense. What I'm wondering is whether Wilmots will put a man (perhaps Defour) on Messi or not. I don't think so.

I actually don't think we need to start the match being scared if you compare both teams. Except for two or three guys, we have the better squad. Also, their goalie is not Courtois or even Howard. If Messi doesn't have one of his magical evenings we have a very good chance to go through normally.

No man on Messi, Mertens benched. Not too angry with that since his very selfish play against the US. Guess he'll come in after an hour, like Lukaku.

Line-up Belgium : Courtois, Alderweireld, Van Buyten, Kompany, Vertonghen, Witsel, Fellaini, De Bruyne, Mirallas, Hazard, Origi