test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rmpr

Argentina vs Belgium Match Discussion Thread

Started by Rmpr,

309 posts in this topic

Tough match for both. Argentina wont throw themselves in attack like they've done against the weaker sides before. They have the best player in the world (by far) and he has to be watched at all times. Yes, Belgium has great players, but Argentina has them too and they are older and more experienced.

I want Belgium to win (so bad), but realistically I think Argentina is more likely to go through. Belgium's World Cup is going to be in 4 years when the stars are going to be more mature and ready.

iseah100 and kobematabryant like this

I have really enjoyed watching Belgium i think they have been brilliant and have shown so much character for such a young team! and this game suits them very nicely! as they are capable of inviting Argentina onto them and exploiting the space that is left behind!

The two best dribblers in world football up against eachother! my money is on Hazard to come out on top.

iseah100 and sdrcfc like this

Belgium are best when given space, Argentina will oblige them and get hammered.

Argentina plays with space, which no team has given them yet.

USA are not so beatable by anyone.

Argentina apart of Messi are of about the same caliber as Exeter-Crotone-Betis.

Also their keeper is sleepy time overtime - that Swiss Mdric escaped unnoticed and was a fool not to score.

If Belgium's finishing is like it was against the USA, their chances are VERY slim even if they dominate Argentina. It took Belgium over a dozen clear-cut chances to score, all Messi needs is half a yard of space.

Not against Kompany and Courtois! he is going to need much more then half a yard of space to score past them!

iseah100 likes this

If Belgium's finishing is like it was against the USA, their chances are VERY slim even if they dominate Argentina. It took Belgium over a dozen clear-cut chances to score, all Messi needs is half a yard of space.

Well they do create chances and there was also Howard to beat.

From those chances only the one lost by Mirallas was a stupid miss. In the 80th minute I think it was. Could have sidestepped the keeper and pass it in the empty net, instead he shot straight at him.