test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rmpr

France vs Germany Match Discussion Thread

Started by Rmpr,

99 posts in this topic

German team is more suited to playing against bigger sides than smaller ones. That said, France were my nomination to win the whole thing. If Dechamps locks up at the back at plays on the counter, the German back-line can be very vulnerable. But if they'll look to just keep the ball in Germany's half, they'll playing right into their hands and will be done on the break just like Portugal was.

German team is more suited to playing against bigger sides than smaller ones. That said, France were my nomination to win the whole thing. If Dechamps locks up at the back at plays on the counter, the German back-line can be very vulnerable. But if they'll look to just keep the ball in Germany's half, they'll playing right into their hands and will be done on the break just like Portugal was.

I agree. Though our biggest problem is the lack of pace going forward. We need Schürrle to start instead of Götze or Özil, who both have been poor and look out of pace. Also I got no idea why Lahm plays midfield. We have enough DMs but no RB other than him. Löw is the culprit for our problems at this tournament IMO. If we still win it will be in spite of him and due to the other teams being so poor.

Barbara likes this

I agree. Though our biggest problem is the lack of pace going forward. We need Schürrle to start instead of Götze or Özil, who both have been poor and look out of pace. Also I got no idea why Lahm plays midfield. We have enough DMs but no RB other than him. Löw is the culprit for our problems at this tournament IMO. If we still win it will be in spite of him and due to the other teams being so poor.

I was hoping that he would start Schurrle ahead of Goetze after he changed the match against Algeria. The team also looked better when Lahm moved back to defense. I mean you have the likes of Schweinstiger, Khedira and Kroos and you play Lahm in midfield. There's nothing wrong with his technique but he's just too small. Imagine Lahm coming up against Pogba :lol:

Löw needs to be gone after the world cup no matter the outcome, he wastes our golden generation by tactics like that. It is Lahm himself who wants to play midfield and Löw continues to play him there because he thinks revertign would be a sign of weakness; ego is everything for him. This is our best squad since 40 years and if he does not win anything after having led the team 8 years it is all on him.

I actually think France could really put a beating on this German team. Germany have looked a little slow, almost Spain like at times and I think they can definitely be got at defensively. If France turn up and look to play with pace and guile on the break then I think they could decimate Germany. France just look like they're clicking which is a tough thing to bet against when it happens.

I think they have enough to stop Germany at the back, I think they have a midfield that can outwork the Germans and I think they have enough up top in Benzema and Griezmann to cause problems.

I actually think France could really put a beating on this German team. Germany have looked a little slow, almost Spain like at times and I think they can definitely be got at defensively. If France turn up and look to play with pace and guile on the break then I think they could decimate Germany. France just look like they're clicking which is a tough thing to bet against when it happens.

I think they have enough to stop Germany at the back, I think they have a midfield that can outwork the Germans and I think they have enough up top in Benzema and Griezmann to cause problems.

The biggest positive for France is no distractions within the squad.

I just hope France don't waste opportunities in front of goal like they did against Ecuador!

After Löw has confirmed Lahm at CB, the atmosphere in Germany is really pessimistic. We all know we can beat France if we play with our players at their correct positions, but we probably will lose if we don't.

I'm convinced a team like this

---------------Neuer-------------

Lahm--Boa-----Hummel--Höwedes

--------------Khedira---------------

-------Schweini---Kroos-----------

Müller(özil)---------------------Schürrle(Podolski)

-------------Klose(Müller)------------------

could beat France with ease. This is the kind of game we usually win with the right tactics, like we won against Argentina 4 years ago.

Löw will play Lahm in midfield again and he won't drop Özil/Götze for Schürrle as well so 6 of our 11 players will be played out of position again. Can't really see France losing this

Schurrle must have earned a spot in the first eleven after turning the Algeria match around!

This could be the end of the road for Germany. France for me together with Colombia have been the most impressive sides in this World Cup. France combine their talent with incredible athleticism and power. That midfield trio of Pogba-Matuidi-Cabaye is the best in this tournament. Benzema seems to be in the mood and Deschamps has been able to find a place for Valbuena on the right to weave his magic. I'm expecting Greizmann to start ahead of Giroud.

Germany on the other hand has struggled to play a good game since the opening match against a poor Portugal side. They lack a lot of athleticism in midfield and in attack and that is a factor especially with the weather conditions in Brazil. The power and physicality of France might just prove too much though I can never rule out Germany. I'm going France 3-1 Germany.

iseah100 likes this

This could be the end of the road for Germany. France for me together with Colombia have been the most impressive sides in this World Cup. France combine their talent with incredible athleticism and power. That midfield trio of Pogba-Matuidi-Cabaye is the best in this tournament. Benzema seems to be in the mood and Deschamps has been able to find a place for Valbuena on the right to weave his magic. I'm expecting Greizmann to start ahead of Giroud.

Germany on the other hand has struggled to play a good game since the opening match against a poor Portugal side. They lack a lot of athleticism in midfield and in attack and that is a factor especially with the weather conditions in Brazil. The power and physicality of France might just prove too much though I can never rule out Germany. I'm going France 3-1 Germany.

and the lesser athleticism, could be made worse, by the extra time they played/

Please start Schurrle next game, Kroos+Ozil+Gotze+Muller no thanks. Atleast schurrle offers something different. And also please play Lahm on the LB or RB such a waste to see him being used in the midfield.

Germans always make semis.....

France is good, but France played in a shit group and scraped the win against nigeria....

Germany should and will win...

LOL at france midfield being the best in the tournament.. When Munich spanks Juventus midfield.

Also, Ozil is not getting dropped. He is far more significant to germany than Kroos. Gotze, schurrle and podolski are interchangeable.