test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rmpr

Brazil vs Colombia Match Discussion Thread

Started by Rmpr,

437 posts in this topic

Neither does Rami then because he had just as bad a season if not worse than Paulinho. Fernandinho and Hernanes should start together I think.

ramires and paulinho have a lot better chance to start under scolari than hernanes was shit at inter milan.

I know, and it should be Fernandinho and Rami in midfield, while Paulinho should be somewhere on holiday because he has absolutely no business being in the Brazilian NT let alone start for them!

No way. Rambo had as bad of a season as Paulinho!

It should be Fernandinho and Hernanes. It would help a lot in our transtition between the defence and attack, plus Hernanes can take the creative role if Oscar doesnt show up (yet again).

I know, and it should be Fernandinho and Rami in midfield, while Paulinho should be somewhere on holiday because he has absolutely no business being in the Brazilian NT let alone start for them!

Paulinho was the guy who was actually behaving as a captain while Thiago Silva sat on the football by himself, praying and crying. Pretty ridiculous stuff. Missing some bad boys in the squad actually.

Not the kind who lifts trophies.

Colombia is the best team. There is rational reason to believe Brazil will beat Colombia today. But who can bet against Brazil?

Colombia is the best team. There is rational reason to believe Brazil will beat Colombia today. But who can bet against Brazil?

I can't see Brazil winning but you only need one moment of brilliance to crush Columbia. Good luck mate!

Henrique likes this

Thiago Silva has been taking a lot of heat in Brazil for his antics during the penalty shootout (weeping like a child, refusing to take a penalty, isolating himself from his teammates). What do you Brazilians on here make of it ?

Thiago Silva has been taking a lot of heat in Brazil for his antics during the penalty shootout (weeping like a child, refusing to take a penalty, isolating himself from his teammates). What do you Brazilians on here make of it ?

What can one say? He's an absolute beast for most of the time. But now we know if that "now or never (as we say in Brazil) / make it or break it" moment comes, he will crumble. Hopefully we've got other players with enough personality to step up if it comes to that. We can only pray it will be enough.

I am pulling for a Colombia win they seem like they will dispatch effortlessly whomever comes there way.

I think Colombia should win. Pekerman is a master. I think it would give the sport a lot more credibility were the better team to win(colombia). Brazil is brazil and we have 5 stars bullshit, needs to end. Theyve been playing like shit.

iseah100 likes this

Neither does Rami then because he had just as bad a season if not worse than Paulinho.

According to you. According to Jose he had a great season and was one of our key players :P

No way. Rambo has as bad of a season as Paulinho!

It should be Fernandinho and Hernanes. It would help a lot in our transtition between the defence and attack, plus Hernanes can take the creative role if Oscar doesnt show up (yet again).

Regardless of the season Rambo had, he's 10 times the player Paulinho is. I don't know a lot about Hernanes but from what I've seen, he's better in a more advanced role, not in a pivot.

sorry, but in the condition we are, having Ramires is 1000000000 times worse than having Paulinho. We barely pass play through the midfield, in the few attempts we try, if Ramires is there he's going to misplace a pass and there it goes the effort of 10 minutes. Paulinho sucks, Ramires sucks more because Brazil's problems only highlight his weaknesses. He's the last player we need to see in the team second only to Jo.

I see your point but I have to I disagree. In no situation whatsoever is Paulino better than Rami. Even if he has a higher passing accuracy, Paulinho just makes the wrong choice in passing or dribbling or really anything more often than not. I've honestly rarely seen a player with a lower footballing IQ. At least Rami provides defensive solidity and endless work-rate. Paulinho has just been by passed in midfield most of the time this WC.

Hernanes started his career in the pivot. He was really good there. He was moved to a more advanced position later. And even so, I reckon he was seldom used as a true 10, he resembles Oscar in that regard, he's more like the third man in midfield in a 4-3-3 when used more forward.

I see your point but I have to I disagree. In no situation whatsoever is Paulino better than Rami. Even if he has a higher passing accuracy, Paulinho just makes the wrong choice in passing or dribbling or really anything more often than not. I've honestly rarely seen a player with a lower footballing IQ. At least Rami provides defensive solidity and endless work-rate. Paulinho has just been by passed in midfield most of the time this WC.

The moment he entered against Chile, the team and the tempo became worse. No coincidence. His passing accuracy (58%) was the lowest of the match, including even Chile players and lower than any of the matches Paulinho played if not in the whole WC. Sorry, Chou, those are facts...

Julio Cesar; Maicon, Thiago Silva, David Luiz, Marcelo; Fernandinho, Paulinho; Hulk, Oscar, Neymar; Fred.

*sighs*

at least it's Maicon, but I can't stand to see Fred's name in the frigging squad list. It's playing with 10 every frigging time