test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rmpr

Brazil vs Colombia Match Discussion Thread

Started by Rmpr,

437 posts in this topic

The litmus test.

I am aghast with Brazil - even the Cameroon match was nearly blown.

Colombia is the Sunderland of the competition.

iseah100 likes this

The litmus test.

I am aghast with Brazil - even the Cameroon match was nearly blown.

Colombia is the Sunderland of the competition.

Sunderland? Is that an insult?

If we wanna dream about winning this World Cup we should show we can beat Colombia convincingly. If not, maybe it's better to go out right now than to be stomped by Germany/France (please, don't let it be France again, enough is enough, it would be the third time in 5 WCs I've followed) later.

Robguima likes this

Greece, Côte d'Ivoire, and Japan

We will find out how good they are on Friday, because that was the weakest group of this world cup.

Weaker than Bosnia, Iran, Nigeria?

Switzerland, Ecuador, Honduras?

C'mon.

Barbara likes this

Greece, Côte d'Ivoire, and Japan

We will find out how good they are on Friday, because that was the weakest group of this world cup.

Yeah, but URU are not weakies.

Should be a very exciting game. I really believe Brazil will finally show up!

Brazil need two (2) things:

- Neymar passing the ball from time to time.

- No more own goals from direct throw ins.

The rest is in the hands of god.

Dion and Barbara like this

You better hope :P:p:ph34r:

Tbh, as long as we advance I dont really care if we play well or not!

But I actually think Brazil will get its shit together and Colombia will feel the pressure...

Brazil need two (2) things:

- Neymar passing the ball from time to time.

- No more own goals from direct throw ins.

The rest is in the hands of god.

Not really!

Brazil needs Maicon instead of Dani Alves, to find a new attacking trio (probably Neymar-Willian-Oscar) and Fred to wake the fuck up. Then we will get our shit together and play like we did one year ago.

Now, Neymar doesnt need to do anything different than he has done. He has been immense so far. Specially considering his age and the pressure he's got. He is not even a selfish player for you to say he needs to pass more (imo).

Tbh, as long as we advance I dont really care if we play well or not!

But I actually think Brazil will get its shit together and Colombia will feel the pressure...

Hahaha a win is a win! Got them past Chile. I thought they would get their shit together vs them.and they just didn't. I really want Colombia to win, as you can see from my avatar they were one of my teams for the WC. Colombia could either feel no pressure since they made it as far as they ever have and not many picked them to win after Falcao's injury and play loose. Or they will feel immense pressure playing the hosts at home. We'll see. But as long as it's a good game idc!

Rmpr likes this

Not really!

Brazil needs Maicon instead of Dani Alves, to find a new attacking trio (probably Neymar-Willian-Oscar) and Fred to wake the fuck up. Then we will get our shit together and play like we did one year ago.

Now, Neymar doesnt need to do anything different than he has done. He has been immense so far. Specially considering his age and the pressure he's got. He is not even a selfish player for you to say he needs to pass more (imo).

Maicon was the no 1 in Mourinho's champions league winning Inter Milan, but can he still do it ?

Not really!

Neymar has been more selfish in this WC than I've ever seen him be. I agree with Barbara when she said it seems Neymar thinks he has to do it all. That he thinks has to carry the team at all times. He should share this burden with other players, his selfishness has been hurting the team. Like when he tries to dribble past 5 players when he could pass to someone. He should improve that, I hope someone is talking to him about it, but I feel like our management is shit so they probably won't even realize what's happening, never mind fixing it.

Barbara likes this

Neymar has been more selfish in this WC than I've ever seen him be. I agree with Barbara when she said it seems Neymar thinks he has to do it all. That he thinks has to carry the team at all times. He should share this burden with other players, his selfishness has been hurting the team. Like when he tries to dribble past 5 players when he could pass to someone. He should improve that, I hope someone is talking to him about it, but I feel like our management is shit so they probably won't even realize what's happening, never mind fixing it.

Wow, what? He isnt doing half of what you think he is doing. He is actually passing a lot more than when he was at Santos!

Nobody is getting open in that team and if Neymar just passed for the sake of passing he would be having the same kind of World Cup Hazard is. To be honest, his selfishness is what saved us in some matches.

I agree he had a complete shock against Chile (horrible performance really). However, he was clearly injured and the team desperately expected he would just win the game all by himself...

Wow, what? He isnt doing half of what you think he is doing. He is actually passing a lot more than when he was at Santos!

Nobody is getting open in that team and if Neymar just passed for the sake of passing he would be having the same kind of World Cup Hazard is. To be honest, his selfishness is what saved us in some matches.

I agree he had a complete shock against Chile (horrible performance really). However, he was clearly injured and the team desperately expected he would just win the game all by himself...

his quality and geniality is what won us matches not his 'selfishness'... he's overwhelmed, as a consequence he doesn't pass fast enough or even many times enough at some points of the match. He isn't being selfish for stupid reasons, but because he probably believes he has to save the team. He does have to save the team, but he can't do it all by himself.

We need him back in the wings imo and let Oscar centered again.

I do agree Maicon has to come, but the biggest problem we have (offensive wise) is the lack of a midfield and transition. It affects Neymar and makes it all more overwhelming for him.

Peace., CHOULO19, kellzfresh and 1 other like this

his quality and geniality is what won us matches not his 'selfishness'... he's overwhelmed, as a consequence he doesn't pass fast enough or even many times enough at some points of the match. He isn't being selfish for stupid reasons, but because he probably believes he has to save the team. He does have to save the team, but he can't do it all by himself.

We need him back in the wings imo and let Oscar centered again.

I do agree Maicon has to come, but the biggest problem we have (offensive wise) is the lack of a midfield and transition. It affects Neymar and makes it all more overwhelming for him.

This. He saved us many times because he is freakin good but he's definitely trying too much by himself and more often than not at the wrong moments.

Barbara likes this