Hotseat 7: Alex

Spike

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember you studied history, if I'm not mixing something up.

Why history? What made you choose history over other subjects and what were the other subjects-ideas you had/have?

Favourite era or influential leader and why?

Why did you force this stupid 'Thor' alter-ego onto us? Is it to compensate for your lack of sexytimes with the ladies?

I didn't. It was never my idea. Can't remember whose it was, actually. Just kind of stuck.

Is the 'Ban Hammer' a euphemism? :)

I heard you like playing with it.... ;)

Depends on my mood.

Why Chelsea?

Favourite ever Chelsea player?

Most underrated Chelsea player in your opinion?

Dream job?

Good questions!

I support Chelsea because of my old man. Stuck me in a Chelsea baby-grow, so I had no choice over it!

Favourite ever Chelsea player has to be Sir Frank. Petr Cech is an inspiration of mine, so he has to be up there as well. He's the reason I became a goalkeeper. And Robbie di Matteo was a favourite of mine when growing up, so he's a good shout as well.

The most underrated player at Chelsea right now is Salah. I think he'll pleasantly surprise a lot of people next season - he was a brilliant bit of business and I think he actually settled in rather well since January. The most underrated Chelsea player during my tenure as a supporter would probably have to be Carlo Cudicini. I don't think he was that well appreciated because of Cech's arrival, but he was a world-class keeper in his own right. At £160,000, he is, without doubt, the best signing we've ever pulled off.

Dream job - tough one. I'd love to be a professional footie coach but I doubt it'll ever happen. I'm going down the teaching route, so maybe one day I can be a university lecturer. One hopes!

Favorite person on here? Besides me of course :D

What other sports do you like watching? (don't say cricket, I can never understand anything about it)

Why do you always use words that I have to look up? :lol:

Got quite a few members on here that I like. I get along with a lot of members, especially BluesChick and Stingray. My favourite poster, however, is Laura90. Her posts are incredibly eloquent and thoughtful.

I like watching most sports, including rugby and tennis. But cricket is most definitely my second sport, no doubt about it.

And I like to use big words to compensate.

Top or Bottom, mate?

Depends on my mood, and/or how much I've had to drink.

How does it feel to be inferior to myself?

Disappointed, I was expecting better from you.

Why haven't you been replaced yet? -_-

They've been trying for a long time, but normally you only replace someone or something with something better - in which case I expect it to be a long while before I'm replaced.

Why is WHS such a lowerclass chav?

Why are you such an unfunny cunt? Leave my Sammy alone.

Is it the Thor hammer thing a way to compensate for your lack of "size" down below?

HAHAHAHAHAHA. That was so laugh I forgot to funny.

Why are you the least cool admin? :ph34r:

You know how I said you were next in line to be a Mod?

Were being the operative word.

I hardly see you on here. Where you ne at?

Who's your favorite poster on here?

Probably because we live in different time zones.

As for my favourite poster, I've already mentioned I like Laura90, though I appreciate the contributions of every member on this site. Other favourites include SeB, Peace (not seen him in a looooong time, sadly), Fulham Broadway, and obviously myself B)

I miss you around, Lex, so first question, where have you been?

Who are your personal targets for Chelsea in this summer window?

Favorite book and author as well movie and actor?

You're the best - despite what everyone else says (they're jealous). Tied with Chou Chou though :P

Hey B, I miss you too! I've been very busy with my football coaching, and I've had two holidays in the space of four weeks, so hardly had chance to pop in!

My personal targets for the summer window include a left-back, and another central midfielder. Someone who can play instead of Mikel, basically. With Matic and Fabregas you have two perfect midfielders for a 4-3-3. Ramires' flaws (his technical flaws especially) were highlighted in the 4-2-3-1. In a 4-3-3 he will have less passing responsibility and be given more of the "Essien role", to maraud between attack and defence, and carry the ball at pace. He's a direct player and when he's at his best he's a joy to watch. However he is rather inconsistent, and I'd like to see someone like Axel Witsel drop in as a genuine box-to-box player - but obviously that's highly doubtful. We may have to make do. As for a left-back, I'd love Alberto Moreno, but I'm keen to give our homegrown duo of PvA and Bertrand a season to prove themselves before we splurge out £20 million on a foreign star like Coentrao or Luis, as good as those players are.

Favourite book - A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin, absolutely magnificent. He's also my favourite author, alongside Lee Child.

Favourite movie is a very hard one to answer. I love Kingdom of Heaven: I'm a history freak and the Crusades is my favourite period of the past, so to see it so gloriously translated to the big screen is a joy to behold. I also love The Lord of the Rings trilogy, Chris Nolan's trilogy of Batman films, and basically any film by Ridley Scott (who did Kingdom of Heaven as well, actually) - including Alien, Prometheus, Black Hawk Down, Gladiator, Blade Runner, etc. Favourite actor... wow. Tough one. Bruce Willis, Hugh Jackman, Logan Lerman, Benedict Cumberbatch, Tom Hardy, Daniel Craig, Michael Fassbender, Eva Green, Olga Kuralenko just to name a few!

So how do you perform the cave troll when the necessary people are not around? :Goober:

Just use your imagination and flyyyy :lol:

1. Your fairy godmother grants you the wish to kill anyone without repercussions. Who would you kill and why?

2. If you could bring one famous person back to life who would it be and why?

3. Favourite subject in school

4. One superhero power you would like to have

5. If you could be anywhere in the world right now where would you choose to be

1. One of my lecturers who gave me a cunt of a grade for a particular module, which meant I missed out on first-class honours in my degree by 0.5%. I'd quite happily apply a blowtorch to his face.

2. Tough one. I really don't know. I'll go with Heath Ledger, because his performance in The Dark Knight was sublime.

3. History. I liked Geography as well.

4. To be indefatigable. So I could just do what I wanted without needing to rest.

5. If I could be anywhere in the world right now... I'd like to be in Brazil to watch the World Cup and take in the atmosphere!

ever plan on going back to your old username....Thor? :lol:

Capture.png

No, after BlueLyon joined, it lost its originality.

I remember you studied history, if I'm not mixing something up.

Why history? What made you choose history over other subjects and what were the other subjects-ideas you had/have?

Favourite era or influential leader and why?

Correct. I chose history because I'm an argumentative shit, and I wanted to engage in a subject which helps you become even more analytical. A common phrase I use is that biology, chemistry and geography can tell you how the world has changed, but history is the only subject that even attempts to describe and explain why.

My favourite period to study is the Crusades. Britain is a multicultural country but it is mainly Christian. The next most-popular religion is Islam. The clash of cultures is something that fascinates me in the present, so the Crusades represents that to the ultimate degree.

My favourite historical figure is Raymond D'Aguilers, who was a Crusader chronicler who wrote about William of Tyre and various other prominent Church ecclesiastics during the First Crusade. Fascinating stuff.

What happened to Blue lion senior ? He made some good posts.

I think he pops on now and again. Hasn't he changed his name to PaulH or something? No clue. I'll tell him you asked about him, might encourage him to visit.

yeah, is BlueLion ever coming back?

Maybe.

when you coming to India?

Is that an invite? I'd love to visit. A totally different world and culture to England. And the food is fucking fantastic.

Why do you like to spoil Game of Thrones to us non book reading peasents?

bcfdaa6b30deb8b119e4382a4d865fc3.jpg

In fairness, 90% of the time I use spoiler tags. Blame your own curiosity.

So how was your vacation and where did you go?

Both were excellent. My first vacation was in Malaga, and the second was in Cornwall, in the south of England :)

Enlighten me on how to write a quick article, like an article on a game like 5 minutes post match.

Being a quick typer helps! :lol: I have a strong ability to immediately convey what thoughts I'm thinking, and to process them into cohesive prose. So naturally when I'm writing, I'm subconsciously already pre-planning what I want to say next. Once I know what I want to say, I go about finding the words. It comes to you naturally. It's a gift and a curse, because when you can sometimes write so fluidly and effortlessly, the instant you get writer's block is the equivalent of having a sportscar with no steering wheel! :lol:

But if I was to summarise on how to write a quick article:

1) Have a clear idea of what you intend to write.

2) Limit yourself to 800 words. Too much means people will give up, normally!

3) Bullet-point the 3-4 major things you want to cover. Use that as a "plan" and proceed from there.

4) Set a time limit. Work to a deadline.

Good luck, and good writing!

I've done it, he won't be back, sorry kids.

You can't ban anyone. Firstly because you don't have the actual ability to, and secondly because you don't have the stomach for it B)

Both were excellent. My first vacation was in Malaga, and the second was in Cornwall, in the south of England :)

Being a quick typer helps! :lol: I have a strong ability to immediately convey what thoughts I'm thinking, and to process them into cohesive prose. So naturally when I'm writing, I'm subconsciously already pre-planning what I want to say next. Once I know what I want to say, I go about finding the words. It comes to you naturally. It's a gift and a curse, because when you can sometimes write so fluidly and effortlessly, the instant you get writer's block is the equivalent of having a sportscar with no steering wheel! :lol:

But if I was to summarise on how to write a quick article:

1) Have a clear idea of what you intend to write.

2) Limit yourself to 800 words. Too much means people will give up, normally!

3) Bullet-point the 3-4 major things you want to cover. Use that as a "plan" and proceed from there.

4) Set a time limit. Work to a deadline.

Good luck, and good writing!

You can't ban anyone. Firstly because you don't have the actual ability to, and secondly because you don't have the stomach for it B)

I unbanned you as I seen all the un answered questions, it won't happen again. Anyway the kettle has boiled in the staff room, so off you pop

Nawwwww Alex. You will be ok!

When are we going to a game together?

Next season, definitely up for that. Would be a pleasure, mate!

I unbanned you as I seen all the un answered questions, it won't happen again. Anyway the kettle has boiled in the staff room, so off you pop

Remember the last Mod who gave me cheek? ;)

Two sugars please.