James Rodríguez

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Jype said:

That may be true but the thing is Arsenal must be getting pretty damn desperate at this point in the window and if a world class player comes on the market they should be one of the first clubs to get in there. Maybe it's just me but personally I don't see a problem with James - Özil - Sanchez in a three man attacking midfield, they could seamlessly switch positions inside the game and work their magic.

But even so I wasn't basing my comment on tactical reasons but rather Arsenal signing him to please their fanbase who are getting frustrated now more than ever about their lack of transfer activity. Much like the Özil signing a few years back on deadline day, signing James would be a big statement from them that they still have "ambition" even if that wasn't really the case, their fans would shut up for a while and only realize later that they're still shit and start calling for Wenger's head again.

All true, good points. I'm just not sure I can imagine Wenger spending that much on an attacking player. He's got Cazorla back nowand he's got Walcott, Ox, and Iwobi who can all play that third attacking mid position alongside Sanchez and Özil. Wenger often refuses to reinforce areas he's in dire need of. Buying a marquee player in an area he's well stocked in would shock me. 

How do people not rate James. He's been borderline world class (his first season at RM he arguably was) for four out of the past five years. Only turned to shit because he fell out of favour with Zidane.

James also played a lot of good football on the wing. He'd be a massive upgrade on Willian. People who think he is restricted to the number ten role need to watch more of him before the WC. He would be a quality signing, yet to reach his peak. Unfortunately it will never happen.

Real Madrid appear unable to make any moves in the transfer market this summer and might have to sell a big name player to facilitate any new arrivals.

One of those players could be James Rodriguez, who is currently negotiating his departure to Chelsea for 70 million euros.

Chelsea has already met with James' agent to convey their interest but formal talks between the two clubs are still pending.

Los Blancos don't want to exchange any players as part of the deal and have requested the net sum of 70 million euros.

http://www.sport-english.com/en/noticias/futbol-internacional/chelsea-are-talks-sign-real-madrids-james-rodriguez-5333389

Should wait for Madrid papers. Sport based in Barcelona.

If conte wants him and he wants to come lets sign him up. everyone is always saying we need more goals/attacking from the right side and someone to take pressure off hazard. I personally think moving willian next to kante and matic would be spectacular. can rush the ball up field and jump into the attack as a super charged oscar. (as always ill believe it when he is holding up the shirt)

kante

willian         matic

james          hazard

costa

could do some damage

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

When you look at it, Chelsea are really the only big team in the PL without a top class, creative #10 type. Arsenal have Özil, United now have Mkhitaryan and already had Mata, City have Silva and KDB can also play there, Spuds have Eriksen, and Liverpool have Coutinho.

James could definitely be that for us but would likely mean a shift back to the tried and true 4-2-3-1 that we've been using for years.

Hazard is the #10 on this team though.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

When you look at it, Chelsea are really the only big team in the PL without a top class, creative #10 type. Arsenal have Özil, United now have Mkhitaryan and already had Mata, City have Silva and KDB can also play there, Spuds have Eriksen, and Liverpool have Coutinho.

James could definitely be that for us but would likely mean a shift back to the tried and true 4-2-3-1 that we've been using for years.

Hazard is the #10 on this team though.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You