James Rodríguez

He mainly plays out wide, mostly on the LW I believe and only recently that he's playing in the AM role for Colombia (though not 100% certain where Ranieri used him at AM at Monaco).

He normally plays as a AM for Monaco, but really has a free role.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He mainly plays out wide, mostly on the LW I believe and only recently that he's playing in the AM role for Colombia (though not 100% certain whether Ranieri has used him at AM at Monaco).

He started out on the LW for Porto then moved to the right after Hulk was sold but hes been used more centrally for Colombia and Monaco.

James was always a great player at Porto.

However, people seem to forgotten about him after he moved with Moutinho to ligue 1.

I can see Barcelona making a deal for him....

Neymar has played better than both...

How has he? Come on man, that's your Brazil bias coming through. He hasn't. Whilst he had a good game, Neymar wasn't even MOTM against Croatia IMO, that was clearly Oscar. The Cameroon game... Whilst he had another good game and scored some nice goals, IMO he wasn't MOTM there either - I'd have given it to Fernandinho. Robben dominated Chile & Spain, both better than any team in Brazil's group, whilst James has been outstanding in every single Columbia game.

James and Robben have been the best so far followed by Benzema and Neymar.

How has he? Come on man, that's your Brazil bias coming through. He hasn't. Whilst he had a good game, Neymar wasn't even MOTM against Croatia IMO, that was clearly Oscar. The Cameroon game... Whilst he had another good game and scored some nice goals, IMO he wasn't MOTM there either - I'd have given it to Fernandinho. Robben dominated Chile & Spain, both better than any team in Brazil's group, whilst James has been outstanding in every single Columbia game.

I agree with everything except the bolded part. Alexis sanchez for one has performed better than Neymar

Monaco situation depends on their sponsorship deals and whether FIFA will examine any shady sponsorship deals.

Maybe in the coming 2 years we will know more clearly what is happening with Monaco.

James looks like he could be one of the top 5 players in the world ITF, so maybe Chelsea would sell a few of their players just to get him. Can't say I've seen him play much but the young man looks exceptional at this moment.

It's Colombia. :) I know it's confusing though.

It's really silly to compare players when the teams are facing completely different opponents. Neymar and Oscar also have far less freedom on the pitch than other players.

Timing is also a factor: how would you rate Oscar in November 2013? Or Neymar, aside from his Brazil appearances?

It's all so very relative. James Roadriguez may yet join a top EPL side and then flop like many good players have. I'm not saying it will happen, but that we just don't yet know.

The grass is always greener...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You