James Rodríguez

21 minutes ago, milka said:

Kante----Bakayoko/Fabregas 

James-------------Hazard

---------Lukaku-----------

Nice.

James is a top player and top class . We need  class . 

Two lazy wingers that won't track back. We'll have a back 5 and 2 cm will still get overrun. Against the small teams though would be tasty. 

I second Bernadeschi 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is not lazy at all :) I think he lacks motivation in Real Madrid because his performances for Colombia are much, much better with a lot of running. Just check his tracking back and tackle on Morata vs Spain ;) He was the "biggest" runner his in early Real Madrid days. 

In last summer i really wanted him. But i didnt know anything about Conte that time and nowe i dont think Antonio wants him. We Can have Mahrez for less money. And he fits for our tactic(I mean if we really gonna get Baka):
Lukaku
Hazard-Mahrez
Baka-Kante
or
Hazard-Lukaku-Mahrez
Baka-Fabs-Kante
Firstly we should ask for Sanchez, Costa then get Mahrez.
Lukaku, Mahrez, Baka and we can think about LO or CB.

If we change the formation to fit him, just maybe. We do need more creativity, and there are not many quality attacking players. Arsenal wont sell Alexis to us, Griezmann is staying, Isco wont move after such great season.

But not for that price, 70m, never.

14 hours ago, Supermonkey92 said:

Two lazy wingers that won't track back. We'll have a back 5 and 2 cm will still get overrun. Against the small teams though would be tasty. 

I second Bernadeschi 

Will people ever make up their mind over Hazard's defensive work? When he was asked to track back under Mourinho, people were going mad about how he's an attacking player and he shouldn't need to do a defender's job. Now when he's tasked to do less on defending and more on attacking, people accuse him of being lazy.

2 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

If we change the formation to fit him, just maybe. We do need more creativity, and there are not many quality attacking players. Arsenal wont sell Alexis to us, Griezmann is staying, Isco wont move after such great season.

But not for that price, 70m, never.

Maybe James isn't worth 70m but considering the state of the transfer market these days and the money that's flying around, you gotta pay big money to get the big players, players that will add quality to the team. This reluctance of splashing the cash on such players is one of the main reasons why we have ended up buying duds for cheap and with a flawed squad in recent years.

12 minutes ago, Jason said:

Maybe James isn't worth 70m but considering the state of the transfer market these days and the money that's flying around, you gotta pay big money to get the big players, players that will add quality to the team. This reluctance of splashing the cash on such players is one of the main reasons why we have ended up buying duds for cheap and with a flawed squad in recent years.

What if james is simply not on conte wish list?

3 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Why? How is he better than James? 

James is a quality player I'm just fan of Bernardeschi who would cost less than James and I think Bernardeschi has potential to be smashing player in next couple of years 

10 hours ago, King11Didier said:

Where do you, guys, think he can be most useful in 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 formation, also in what position is he used in Colombian national team?

In a 3-4-3 as RAM (Pedro's position)
In a 3-5-2 as CAM.

He would fit in nicely in both formations.

3-4-3
Kante - Bakayoko
James - Lukaku - Hazard

3-5-2
Kante - Bakayoko
James
Lukaku - Hazard

I'm liking that. Baka and Kante shielding everything that passes by the front 3, get creative wing-backs and watch us destroy teams with physicality, flair, pace and creativity. Retaining Fabregas, Pedro and Matic as stand-ins would be ideal, our midfield would be set with adequate quality and depth.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

Will people ever make up their mind over Hazard's defensive work? When he was asked to track back under Mourinho, people were going mad about how he's an attacking player and he shouldn't need to do a defender's job. Now when he's tasked to do less on defending and more on attacking, people accuse him of being lazy.

Or you could, you know, stop lumping me in with everyone else. Just because one poster says something negative about Hazard defensively doesnt mean it's the same as all other negative comments on Hazard defensively 

I agree that james is a good player but do we have funds to pull this off? From what i gather, lukaku is going to cost a 80-100m euros, james is 70m, baka is 40m. So the total sum will be 190-210m give or take.

This is insane, we will not have enough money left to buy another wingback.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You