James Rodríguez

59 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

And if they don't qualify and lost to Ajax? Yes they will still attract big names and pay huge wages but is Griezmann going to go there with no European football? You can use the name of Pogba and say 'Well he went there last season' But I bet you he didn't imagine only relying on the EL to get in the CL next season. These elite players want to play in the best tournament around, if United fail against Ajax it's going to be very tough to convince them I tell you.

Yeah, I don't think Griezmann goes there unless they're in the CL. Unless they offer him £300k per week like they did Ibra, which I suppose is possible.

44 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

We are champions, with CL next year, top manager, some great players, and we definately have money (Oscar sale) to get Griezmann. 

For Antoine, Chelsea should be no brainer, he would play along Hazard and Kante in balanced team with team mates close to his age. His position would be second striker, nearly perfect, meanwhile he would be on wing for United with alot of tracking back.

Unless the reason is money or such big love for Pogba, Griezmann should chose us. 

We were interested in Griz for years now and we still have Costa who might be the ticket to get Griezmann, at least from Atletico's perspective.

Sure its all about Chelsea policy, if we wont spend bit more, we will be in trouble. Maybe not next year, but soon. 

Dybala, Verratti, Neymar,...neither is available. So to improve, we need to go all on Griezmann or Isco, with former suiting us more. 

Pedro is quality this season too, so if he keeps up, we should be fine for now, but with player like Griz, we reach next level. I would go balistic if we pulled such move in summer.

It really would make perfect sense and he'd fit in here perfectly. Will our board sanction a £90m move for him, though? I doubt it when it seems like Lukaku will be our main attacking signing. 

If we seek Diego for absurd money we should really be after both. Lukaku and Griezmann together with Hazard would be unbelievable. Just depends on how serious the board are about making a run at the CL and creating something truly special.

We saw the kind of backing they gave Mou after he won the title so I'll believe it when I see it. He wanted to create a "dynasty" remember. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

We were interested in Griz for years now and we still have Costa who might be the ticket to get Griezmann, at least from Atletico's perspective.

This is actually interesting. If we used Costa to reduce the Griezmann fee that would be a top deal. Then get in another 9 - lets say Morata or Belotti or Lukaku for example - and suddenly you have a very potent front three.

And He's off to Manchester United apparently.  Its Been making the rounds all over twitter from reporters. Again, not really sure they desperately NEEDED him but we'll see how it plays out.  

He's a through-ball Machine, and Scorer of absolute worldies. 

CFC gotta pull a madness and sign one of the following for RF: Sanchez, Mbappe, Griezmann,  Ousmane Dembele, Or Bernardo Silva. 

Those are honestly the only options that would elevate Chelsea. Cannot settle for second tier options. 

5 minutes ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

And He's off to Manchester United apparently.  Its Been making the rounds all over twitter from reporters. Again, not really sure they desperately NEEDED him but we'll see how it plays out.  

He's a through-ball Machine, and Scorer of absolute worldies. 

His defensive skills are better be good or José will bench him for Lingard.

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

Yeah, I don't think Griezmann goes there unless they're in the CL. Unless they offer him £300k per week like they did Ibra, which I suppose is possible.

It really would make perfect sense and he'd fit in here perfectly. Will our board sanction a £90m move for him, though? I doubt it when it seems like Lukaku will be our main attacking signing. 

If we seek Diego for absurd money we should really be after both. Lukaku and Griezmann together with Hazard would be unbelievable. Just depends on how serious the board are about making a run at the CL and creating something truly special.

We saw the kind of backing they gave Mou after he won the title so I'll believe it when I see it. He wanted to create a "dynasty" remember. 

Yeah the board must support Conte this time.

I think interest in CL from Roman, players and Conte is once again increasing and maybe we will spend bit more.

I would say we will never pay 90m for any player, but in this case we have 70m from Oscar alone and Costa who might leave for crazy money, never mind the market went crazy in past years. Im positive we can spend that on one player and still have left for other targets. The question is if board wants that. 

We must also cut out the late chasing of players, and what I mean by that is all this waiting until the window is 2 weeks from closing-Do the business and do it early; I fully understand transfers can drag on but that is a total different scenario as to one of chasing a player late in the window and have zero chance of even getting in a back up and been left with nothing. I hope the solid groundwork's have started now with the identification of all players already, it has to be this way.

33 minutes ago, the wes said:

Sky bet has suspended bets on James rodriguez joining utd 

Utd are mad. Signing all this talent including Griezman and James. They probably can take place on the bench next to Mata and Martial when Fellaini leads the line for Mourinho<_<

He's a player that you need a specific system to get the best out of him. He'd have been the perfect signing for us before he moved to Madrid and we were still playing the 4-2-3-1 with a #10. 

No place for him here under Conte unless we changed the system.

Overrated crybaby. Not willing to get stuck in. Even playing for Colombia, he spends most of the time shouting and pointing in a poor attempt at being a captain. 

I don't see how Conte signs a player with his demeanor. I'm sure the talent is there, he just doesn't have the work ethic. 

If he does go to United I´ll be sad. Not because he didn't join us, because we know he doesn't have a place here, but for his rather poor choice.

Utd are a big team, but right now, their football is  extremely defensive, which doesn't suit James at all, and their only way of getting into the UCL is through an EL final , which by current United standards is not a guaranteed win. They have got a ton of players in the same position. A very poor choice IMHO. If it´s for the money, I'll be very disappointed in James.

On 5/15/2017 at 11:57 AM, BlueLyon said:

And play him where? RW? 

He is slow and doesnt have that close space dribbling ability. Isco has that and I think it could work in PL because he is like a slower Eden.

But James wont work here in this formation.

Isco isnt a RW either. James is a 10, Isco is a 10. They wouldnt exactly be struck out to the wing, they'd be playing infield in all honesty, with the ability to drift in and out to the wing when needed, like Pedro and Hazard do now. James is not slow either. If he is slow then so is Isco. 

On 17/03/2016 at 6:24 PM, !Hazard! said:

I understand your point of view but at the moment exchanging James for Hazard might be the only way to get any money at all. Hazard is amazing talent but he will never score enough goals to justify world record breaking transfer fees. New generation of equally talented wingers are already around of corner and many of them have the potential of Hazard combined with better scoring ability. Real Madrid and PSG are our only options in the summer where to offload Hazard and neither of them really need him.

1:And how please do you know that Hazard is never going to score more goals?

2:How do you know he's not going to improve his goal scoring next season?

3: Hmmmm and this "new generation of equally talented players already around the corner" please tell me where and who?

4: And you think that Real and PSG are likely to be the only interested parties, yes! only because they are the only ones who can afford him.

5: I know he has been and can be a pain in the arse, but to get rid of him for Hamish is a no no, James he has absolutely nothing to offer over Eden Hazard.

6: And I rate Hazard as the 3rd best player in the world 1: Messi 2: The Poser 3:and then our man, call me biased I don't care I love the wee man, and we'll struggle next season without him.

7: Oh and wasn't I reading on here only yesterday that Roman or whoever has offered him a new 5 year contract @ £300,000 PW, does that sound like someone they're willing to let go?

hes1ofus

17 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Utd are mad. Signing all this talent including Griezman and James. They probably can take place on the bench next to Mata and Martial when Fellaini leads the line for Mourinho<_<

Honestly who cares ... I feel right now United just want to project itself as a club which is in the elite category and are going after marquee signing ... Not sure if that is what is going to help them to work as a team specially under Jose who has just a one dimensional strategy  

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You