James Rodríguez

Would be super annoying if he wants to come here, we don't want him, and he goes to a rival Pl club instead. This is the type of star quality opportunity that very rarely comes around. Like Sanchez, Özil, and Fabregas, James might be a fantastic player that falls right into our laps without us even needing to try too hard.

What would make it even dumber not to buy him is the fact that we'd barely be spending anything on him due to the Oscar money. We'd be getting a world class talent for peanuts. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Koke with a high enough offer. Weird how people have forgotten about him, considering he's le messiah. 
In theory when you have as much money as we do, every player should be available.
If we want a potential superstar who'd cost less than James, and perhaps as high potential with a similar playing style, I'd go for Felipe Anderson from Lazio.

Don't see Koke as a RWF and Anderson's work rate is probably the same as James'.

The more YouTube game compilations I watch, the more I believe he would be an awful fit. I genuinely do not see the hype at all.

Keep Pedro & Willian until the summer and wait for better options please. I have faith in my guy Emenalo; he's gonna work his magic and come up with something.

10 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Don't see Koke as a RWF and Anderson's work rate is probably the same as James'.

You're probably right. My answer then would be Julian Brandt, because I think he's turning into the player we all thought Schurrle had the potential to become. 

When I mention such players, I'm keeping in mind the hope and belief that Conte can transcend players, in a way unlike any other manager on earth at the moment.

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

Would be super annoying if he wants to come here, we don't want him, and he goes to a rival Pl club instead. This is the type of star quality opportunity that very rarely comes around. Like Sanchez, Özil, and Fabregas, James might be a fantastic player that falls right into our laps without us even needing to try too hard.

What would make it even dumber not to buy him is the fact that we'd barely be spending anything on him due to the Oscar money. We'd be getting a world class talent for peanuts. 

The Chelsea Board way, typical shit if true. Extend contracts for useless players like Willian, Oscar and Mikel for years yet can't buy obvious talent. I was afraid this would happen when the Oscar deal was confirmed. That we would spend all the money on average players and this will likely happen. I saw we are linked to Bonaventura and Brozovic. LOL those 2 are so mediocre it's killing me. 

7 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Troll alert ^^^^^^^^^^

How is that even trolling, Willian wouldn't get bought by any top club, let alone get his contract extended for 4 free kicks which were more or less deflected. James is class and the fact we are willingly to try and look at other places despite reports saying he wants to join us, baffles me. We aren't even breaking the bank for him just using the Oscar money.

6 minutes ago, Cranky said:

How is that even trolling, Willian wouldn't get bought by any top club, let alone get his contract extended for 4 free kicks which were more or less deflected. James is class and the fact we are willingly to try and look at other places despite reports saying he wants to join us, baffles me. We aren't even breaking the bank for him just using the Oscar money.

I maintain that the 1 team on earth he is made for, and would be more than happy to have him, is Barcelona. With the amount of possession they have and whatnot, he is the perfect player for retaining the ball and passing it to more talented teammate while also offering a Dani Alves-type defensive cover. Some players are shit for a lot of teams, but superb for others. That's just how it works in football. And regardless of the terrible performances we've sometimes seen from Willian, he's shown a plethora of qualities which others, just not us, would benefit from. He isn't a Premier League type player, but put him in Serie A or La Liga and he'll be amongst the top 10-15 players in the league. 

We didn't target him for nothing. He obviously has a very impressive player in him. Just like Salah was shit here, and has exploded in Serie A. Both are brimming with potential which we as we often do failed to unlock. 

5 minutes ago, Cranky said:

Ill give you the benefit of the doubt for now, the last person who came in and kept banging on about the board was a member who called himself Gullit, who turned out to be a super troll.

Haha

Real seem to want €70 million for him. Fuck off. They want to earn back the money they payed for him. Good for them to try this but luckily we aren't that stupid.

People can rage at the board all they want. You can't change anything from here.

1. We can't know we are interested.

2. We can't know if he is leaving.

3. We can't know if he wants us.

4. We can't know if Real will let him leave.

Quoting The Sun for us NOT being interested in James and quoting Marca for us interested is shite in both ways.

All we know is, Conte wants to strengthen in January. Let him and the board work it out.

One of Antonio Conte’s many successes at Chelsea this season is restoring cohesion and camaraderie to a fractured, cliquish team. James Rodriguez’s immature and entitled attitude would undermine Conte’s work.

Earlier this week Antonio Conte spoke of his “Chelsea family” as he made a surprise appearance at the staff Christmas party. Around the same time, Chelsea transfer target James Rodriguez took the occasion of Real Madrid winning the Club World Cup to vent his frustration about his lack of playing time. James drew a public rebuke from Real captain Sergio Ramos for his comments on offers and “a bitter feeling.”

James’ comments are not the first time he has placed himself well ahead of his club. As the Metro notes, James has a lengthy history of anti-club and anti-coach behaviours. He took a feud with former Real Madrid coach Rafael Benitez onto Twitter. He has been the last to return to training from vacation. And he has openly favoured his time with Colombia’s national team over his time at Real.

It’s troubling with James. He has the wonderful opportunity to be asking Zinedine Zidane questions. You’re with Cristiano Ronaldo, Zidane, all of these people at Real Madrid. And you’re finding ways to be upset with this! If anything, take it as a couple of year long course in becoming a better footballer. – Barrett Rouen, The Blue Lions (iTunes)

One of this season’s many joys for Chelsea fans – aside from the six point lead atop the Premier League – is the sincere happiness and friendship among the players and staff. Every time Diego Costa hugs Antonio Conte or a goal-scorer kisses the badge, Jose Mourinho’s drama and the Blues’ hang-dog faces fall farther into the past.

Charismatic youngsters like Michy Batshuayi and Nathaniel Chalobah are sharing laughs with the veteran players. For the first time in years, Chelsea players are happy to be together and happy to wear Blue.

James Rodriguez could undermine this hard-won cohesion and the club’s new ethos of earning your way spot. Chelsea has established stars like Cesc Fabregas and a legend like John Terry fighting for any playing time they can get. James, as a £50 million+ transfer, could circumvent that path. But that would be no guarantee of improving his attitude.

No professional wants to not play. But you’re at Real Madrid, where even not playing you’re becoming a better footballer. Be a pro, make the most of your chances, get the transfer to where you want to go. Or, earn your way into the squad.

Chelsea and Antonio Conte have come too far in all areas of the game to let one player jeopardize their success. James has plenty of talent, but lacks the maturity Conte demands and Chelsea deserves.

22 minutes ago, Leif said:

I maintain that the 1 team on earth he is made for, and would be more than happy to have him, is Barcelona. With the amount of possession they have and whatnot, he is the perfect player for retaining the ball and passing it to more talented teammate while also offering a Dani Alves-type defensive cover. Some players are shit for a lot of teams, but superb for others. That's just how it works in football. And regardless of the terrible performances we've sometimes seen from Willian, he's shown a plethora of qualities which others, just not us, would benefit from. He isn't a Premier League type player, but put him in Serie A or La Liga and he'll be amongst the top 10-15 players in the league. 

We didn't target him for nothing. He obviously has a very impressive player in him. Just like Salah was shit here, and has exploded in Serie A. Both are brimming with potential which we as we often do failed to unlock. 

As you said Willian would very likely do great in Seria A as I also think it suits him. But he has been with us like 3 years and it's safe to say he won't improve. He has good games here and there, but I really don't remember an outstanding match where he performed and won us a game alone. Each time we go in a game I feel like that flank is always dead especially when Willian plays, Pedro has been overall good this season despite his form dipping in the last month.

We can't get Sanchez, I don't believe Mahrez is an upgrade, Dybala is a pipe dream, James is likely the only top class player available right now,  good enough to dispatch both Willian and Pedro. When there is an opportunity to sign such a player you don't simply say no, let alone he is very marketable and even if he flops we can always sell him to China because as I said he is very marketable player, even more than Oscar.

You're probably right. My answer then would be Julian Brandt, because I think he's turning into the player we all thought Schurrle had the potential to become. 
When I mention such players, I'm keeping in mind the hope and belief that Conte can transcend players, in a way unlike any other manager on earth at the moment.

He does look like an interesting prospect. Seems to tick a lot of boxes.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You