test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MrExcalibur100

James Rodríguez

Started by MrExcalibur100,

1,320 posts in this topic
5 minutes ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

And He's off to Manchester United apparently.  Its Been making the rounds all over twitter from reporters. Again, not really sure they desperately NEEDED him but we'll see how it plays out.  

He's a through-ball Machine, and Scorer of absolute worldies. 

 

His defensive skills are better be good or José will bench him for Lingard.

laura90 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pizy said:

Yeah, I don't think Griezmann goes there unless they're in the CL. Unless they offer him £300k per week like they did Ibra, which I suppose is possible.

It really would make perfect sense and he'd fit in here perfectly. Will our board sanction a £90m move for him, though? I doubt it when it seems like Lukaku will be our main attacking signing. 

If we seek Diego for absurd money we should really be after both. Lukaku and Griezmann together with Hazard would be unbelievable. Just depends on how serious the board are about making a run at the CL and creating something truly special.

We saw the kind of backing they gave Mou after he won the title so I'll believe it when I see it. He wanted to create a "dynasty" remember. 

Yeah the board must support Conte this time.

I think interest in CL from Roman, players and Conte is once again increasing and maybe we will spend bit more.

I would say we will never pay 90m for any player, but in this case we have 70m from Oscar alone and Costa who might leave for crazy money, never mind the market went crazy in past years. Im positive we can spend that on one player and still have left for other targets. The question is if board wants that. 

Pizy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We must also cut out the late chasing of players, and what I mean by that is all this waiting until the window is 2 weeks from closing-Do the business and do it early; I fully understand transfers can drag on but that is a total different scenario as to one of chasing a player late in the window and have zero chance of even getting in a back up and been left with nothing. I hope the solid groundwork's have started now with the identification of all players already, it has to be this way.

Pizy and lucio like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, the wes said:

Sky bet has suspended bets on James rodriguez joining utd 

Utd are mad. Signing all this talent including Griezman and James. They probably can take place on the bench next to Mata and Martial when Fellaini leads the line for Mourinho<_<

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Telegraph claiming that they are not after Rodriguez. Madrid are trying to create a market for James, hence the endless links

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to Marca, us and United are the two teams interested in James.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's a player that you need a specific system to get the best out of him. He'd have been the perfect signing for us before he moved to Madrid and we were still playing the 4-2-3-1 with a #10. 

No place for him here under Conte unless we changed the system.

communicate likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he does go to United I´ll be sad. Not because he didn't join us, because we know he doesn't have a place here, but for his rather poor choice.

Utd are a big team, but right now, their football is  extremely defensive, which doesn't suit James at all, and their only way of getting into the UCL is through an EL final , which by current United standards is not a guaranteed win. They have got a ton of players in the same position. A very poor choice IMHO. If it´s for the money, I'll be very disappointed in James.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be very disappointed if we sign James. I am still holding out hope for a Sanchez, Griezmann level of attacker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2017 at 11:57 AM, BlueLyon said:

And play him where? RW? 

He is slow and doesnt have that close space dribbling ability. Isco has that and I think it could work in PL because he is like a slower Eden.

But James wont work here in this formation.

 

Isco isnt a RW either. James is a 10, Isco is a 10. They wouldnt exactly be struck out to the wing, they'd be playing infield in all honesty, with the ability to drift in and out to the wing when needed, like Pedro and Hazard do now. James is not slow either. If he is slow then so is Isco. 

Clockwork and Mufassir08 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/03/2016 at 6:24 PM, !Hazard! said:

I understand your point of view but at the moment exchanging James for Hazard might be the only way to get any money at all. Hazard is amazing talent but he will never score enough goals to justify world record breaking transfer fees. New generation of equally talented wingers are already around of corner and many of them have the potential of Hazard combined with better scoring ability. Real Madrid and PSG are our only options in the summer where to offload Hazard and neither of them really need him.

 

1:And how please do you know that Hazard is never going to score more goals?

2:How do you know he's not going to improve his goal scoring next season?

3: Hmmmm and this "new generation of equally talented players already around the corner" please tell me where and who?

4: And you think that Real and PSG are likely to be the only interested parties, yes! only because they are the only ones who can afford him.

5: I know he has been and can be a pain in the arse, but to get rid of him for Hamish is a no no, James he has absolutely nothing to offer over Eden Hazard.

6: And I rate Hazard as the 3rd best player in the world 1: Messi 2: The Poser 3:and then our man, call me biased I don't care I love the wee man, and we'll struggle next season without him.

7: Oh and wasn't I reading on here only yesterday that Roman or whoever has offered him a new 5 year contract @ £300,000 PW, does that sound like someone they're willing to let go?

hes1ofus

mashimaru161 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Utd are mad. Signing all this talent including Griezman and James. They probably can take place on the bench next to Mata and Martial when Fellaini leads the line for Mourinho<_<

Honestly who cares ... I feel right now United just want to project itself as a club which is in the elite category and are going after marquee signing ... Not sure if that is what is going to help them to work as a team specially under Jose who has just a one dimensional strategy  

communicate and mashimaru161 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

 

Isco isnt a RW either. James is a 10, Isco is a 10. They wouldnt exactly be struck out to the wing, they'd be playing infield in all honesty, with the ability to drift in and out to the wing when needed, like Pedro and Hazard do now. James is not slow either. If he is slow then so is Isco. 

Isco is alot quicker on ball than James. In the end its all about that. How quick you pass the opponents. Isco is basicaly slower version of Hazard, while James is more of Ozil, with better shot. 

Well tbh we dont play with wingers. Eden and Pedro are more of second forwards or sth, with Moses and Alonso providing width and crosses. 

I agree Isco is not best choice for the spot, Griezmann would be ideal. But he is just so good on the ball (almost Eden). It would give us another option in attack when Eden is marked/not in form. 

While James and Isco are not fast, they have entirely different style. Isco is quicker on ball, great dribbler and can either pass or shoot. He has good balance. James on other hand has better vision and great shot. Thats why Isco fits our right side better than James. I was never impressed with James attitude either tbh. Very poor in big games.

Realy wish we get Griezmann tho.

laura90 and Liuxas like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Isco is alot quicker on ball than James. In the end its all about that. How quick you pass the opponents. Isco is basicaly slower version of Hazard, while James is more of Ozil, with better shot. 

Well tbh we dont play with wingers. Eden and Pedro are more of second forwards or sth, with Moses and Alonso providing width and crosses. 

I agree Isco is not best choice for the spot, Griezmann would be ideal. But he is just so good on the ball (almost Eden). It would give us another option in attack when Eden is marked/not in form. 

While James and Isco are not fast, they have entirely different style. Isco is quicker on ball, great dribbler and can either pass or shoot. He has good balance. James on other hand has better vision and great shot. Thats why Isco fits our right side better than James. I was never impressed with James attitude either tbh. Very poor in big games.

Realy wish we get Griezmann tho.

It's funny when you said James was very poor in big games then mentioned we should get griezman. Did you watch Griezman? How is being invisible in big matches worse than being James? Well not technically if you count a missed penalty in Cl final, a poorly taken penalty in its latest semi final, did he play in euro final? I might have missed...

anyway James attitude is certainly not conte's cup of tea so we can safely, surely cross his name out from our potential targets list.

mourinho may buy him to replace mata though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mashimaru161 said:

It's funny when you said James was very poor in big games then mentioned we should get griezman. Did you watch Griezman? How is being invisible in big matches worse than being James? Well not technically if you count a missed penalty in Cl final, a poorly taken penalty in its latest semi final, did he play in euro final? I might have missed...

anyway James attitude is certainly not conte's cup of tea so we can safely, surely cross his name out from our potential targets list.

mourinho may buy him to replace mata though.

No player is great in every game. Griezmann had quite amount of very good games against top sides, while James is not playing in such games because he goes in hidding much like Cesc did against better teams. Like you said his attitude is poor and that gets exposed by better teams.  Yeah, Griezmann is not penalty taker and should not take them in first place.

Besides Griezmann will always be judged by scored goals, James is being evaluated by whole performance and even if Griezmann gets decent performance, but doesnt score, people will say he was average.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.