James Rodríguez

You cannot deny that he will bring a lot of creativity and that's exactly something we need on the right wing/CAM side. 

Edit:

Alright, I think he's a good player and yes I do think he'll add something to our midfield/attack when he joins us. Look what Conte did with Luiz. Made him a good defender not the parody off a defender he once was. People laughed at us when we signed him back and look how solid Luiz has been since the move to 3-4-3. He reforged him in a great defender. Both Gary Lineker and that cunt Neville laughed at us on tv and Twitter for re-signing him and now David is in their team of the season so far. Conte's work. Same goes for Alonso. Decent player, only played for Bolton, Sunderland, Fiorentina and so far doing fine but has and needs to improve. 

Özil also got forced out of Real, unjustified imo, as he is and was (still) a top-top player. He surely adds a lot to Arsenal but goes missing in big games I tend to think that's simply Wengers fault for not being able to motivate him.

With Conte, I'm certain this guy will walk and run if he's been told to because if not Conte will throw water bottles at him and yell "I KILL YOU" in the dressingroom like at Juve. Conte is a winner who can motivate his players. If a player thinks he can let Conte down or won't fight for him, Conte will beat his ass up and force him out the time. Ruthless when he needs to.

James wants to leave this "great" Madrid team because he wants to play. He wants to play and he wants to win like every player does. And if that's what he wants we are a great fit for him as, like I said above, our manager is a winner and our club has a no-nonsense ambition. We want to win silverware. National and on international level. Our owner Roman does, our manager does and we the fans also want to win as fans of this great club. If James wants this aswell then welcome to the pride of London.

Edit number 2: people saying Alexis Sanchez is off because of James. I don't think so. Wenger is already turning him a striker (for us) and I also see the perfect striker partnership in him with Diego for the next season. Reckon you Conte moves to a 2 striker system when he has the chance. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this does go through (Its a big IF) i think its safe to say that Conte had SOME sort of input on the player, as I have said all along if Conte wants him than I want him. He sees the best sides of players and can seemingly bring it out in a wide variety. Some people might not rate him but IF he comes than everyone should be supporting him 100%, we dont need any negativity because you thought you could build a better team in Fifa. Some players can't be had which is a shame. We all support the same side and if James comes I believe he will be beneficial to us in winning the League and hopefully many more trophies. 

No transfer is down to a singular person, this isnt Emenalo decision, this isnt Marina decision, this isnt Conte decision. As conte says they are a TEAM. So I hope we get him and I hope we win the league and James racks up assists and adds some goals for fun.

KTBFFH

The thing now is - whoever comes, he is coming into well-oiled system, in great group of players. He is coming into A TEAM. He is perfect type of player (not perfect player, just perfect TYPE, even more perfect than lets say - Griezmann who is not creative as James I would say, but a better striker) for our right attacking spot. Also, he is left footed, which is great. Has no real danger of losing the spot to Pedro and Willian. Has all protection in the world behind him and great coach in Conte.

So, if he will ever live up to his full potential - it will be with us, it will be in a team like this one.

EDIT: Also, has Hazard as his partner in crime with whom he could create unbelievable partnership.

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

This is the thread of polar opposites. Hilarious. Half of the posters think he's world class whilst the other half think he's a midtable level player.

Now I actually do hope we sign him to see the reactions if he kills it here. :D

Yeah.  I think it's the only way to settle this.  Roman's going to have to sign him up.  Need some evidence to bring closure.

21 minutes ago, TheIceMan said:

I really want him here, but the fact that both Charly Musonda jr. and Kenedy are back with us makes me a bit hesitant!!!!

Kenedy is LWB in my opinion and Musonda needs to prove himself. Some flashy skills don't make you a great player. He is struggling at pretty poor team ... for example: one year younger Jeremie Boga is playing very optimistic regular football at better La Liga side ;)

7 hours ago, Styles said:

James isn't anywhere near as good as those players though. He is several levels below all of those guys.

Of course, Barcelona front 3 are arguably the best 3 players in the world and Iniesta is a football legend. But James would still be a TOP 5 premier league player, so it's fine.

I find it funny that people here call James Rodríguez world class and deride Willian. Last season James Rodríguez scored 8 goals, Willian scored 11, this season James Rodríguez has scored 2 goals and Willian has 3. 

wtf Man, i don't care how goals Willian scored, i watch football, not statistics; Willian has low football IQ and no end product, we cannot rely this level of player in bigger stages, period.

Make it happen! The club needs more highly talented players. Those who got "that special something", in FIFA terms.

Not 100% sure how he would fit in 3-4-3 though. IMO he seems to be tailor made for that Bergkamp/Litmanen shadow striker role. So, ideally he'd be better off in 3-5-2, 4-4-2, 4-2-4 formations. Or 4-2-3-1.

1 hour ago, Socur Toxanarosa said:

Of course, Barcelona front 3 are arguably the best 3 players in the world and Iniesta is a football legend. But James would still be a TOP 5 premier league player, so it's fine.

wtf Man, i don't care how goals Willian scored, i watch football, not statistics; Willian has low football IQ and no end product, we cannot rely this level of player in bigger stages, period.

Yeah right. Have some respect for the league please.

You just have to wonder what it'd do for our players morale for some guy to just waltz in and instantly be the most handsome baby-faced guy the team has ever been blessed with. Envy would course through their veins, they'd set him up for failure.

7 minutes ago, Leif said:

You just have to wonder what it'd do for our players morale for some guy to just waltz in and instantly be the most handsome baby-faced guy the team has ever been blessed with. Envy would course through their veins, they'd set him up for failure.

Welcome to modern football. I think players are all aware of how top flight football works.

10 minutes ago, DDA said:

Welcome to modern football. I think players are all aware of how top flight football works.

ie, the most handsome players get the biggest cheques? If Ronaldo looked like Ronaldinho he'd be playing 2nd-tier football & sponsored by Colgate 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You