James Rodríguez

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, don't think the criticism of Emanalo has anything to do with his skin color but more to do with his lack of credentials before coming to Chelsea (was head coach of a U14 girls football team in the US IIRC). Having said that, I've never had anything against the guy, he bought us some top, top talent (especially the belgians) and I am only thankful to him for that.. His inexperience in the beginning was a valid concern but he's been with us almost 10 years (I think) and has proved he is very good at his job (you can tell by the players we have now). I honestly don't think any criticism of him has to do with race at all, at least not from anything I've seen on twitter and on here

1 minute ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Arsenal are not going to sell Sanchez to us, get over this fixation with Sanchez please.

you never know, we got ashley cole off them, they got PC off us... stranger things have happened in football. If he wants to leave arsenal and Chelsea come knocking with a big bid, anything is possible.

14 minutes ago, -Kaplan- said:

People only use his World Cup and Ancelotti season to justify how good he is/was.That was almost 3 years ago. His demeanor has gone down the shitter. He would almost certainly demand the same wages as Hazard or Fabregas. 

It would only cause discord in the locker room. 

Let ManUnited spend over the odds for this guy. 

Chelsea would literally spend the Oscar money on James. Bench player with no future at the club for a starter in his mid 20s with his best years ahead of him.

James' head needs to be sorted, but his talent cannot be doubted.  

14 minutes ago, Leif said:

Are those same people against Drogba & Ashley Cole?

I think that's a really bold claim to make. If it's true, throw up some of our supporter's names who fall into that category so they can be banned.

I think it's very naive to believe that some of the hate Emenalo gets doesn't stem from the fact he's a black man. There are loads of racists who happen to support football clubs. None of the other board members get anywhere near the same level of vitriol aimed at them; some even (Marina for example) supposedly have more authority yet Emeanlo is the whipping boy.

I'm not accusing anybody on this forum of racism but I truly believe that plays a part (however big or small it may be) as to why Emenalo is such a hated figure.

3 minutes ago, Leif said:

Our scouts ain't the ones saying we should sign James. It ain't Maria. It ain't Conte. I wonder who it is. And I wonder what convinced them.

I don't want to sound like I am defending him, but from where do you know who wants to sign him? None of us knows anything what goes inside the club.

3 minutes ago, MefiX19 said:

I don't want to sound like I am defending him, but from where do you know who wants to sign him? None of us knows anything what goes inside the club.

Well do you think it's Buck who -if rumours are to be believed- wants him? Our goalkeeping coach? Conte, who has never chased such a player? You don't need facts shoved in your face to deduce the most likely probability, and Roman wouldn't chase a player just willy nilly by himself without being advised along the way. Without discussion, Emenalo is the man who advises Roman. So?

7 minutes ago, oldportblue said:

you never know, we got ashley cole off them, they got PC off us... stranger things have happened in football. If he wants to leave arsenal and Chelsea come knocking with a big bid, anything is possible.

We gave them Gallas for Cole... Not exactly Marko Marin.

Cech begged the club to make it so and we did that only because he's been a loyal servant for many years.

I'm willing to bet good money this is just agent talk.

6 minutes ago, Leif said:

Our scouts ain't the ones saying we should sign James. It ain't Maria. It ain't Conte. I wonder who it is. And I wonder what convinced them.

Conte's given a new breath of life to this club, he's gained a lot of reputation through his work at the club and the 11 wins in a row. At this moment I do not think there would be anybody at this club trying to sign players on his own and force Conte to play them. If this goes through then Conte must have given his approval.

1 minute ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

We gave them Gallas for Cole... Not exactly Marko Marin.

Cech begged the club to make it so and we did that only because he's been a loyal servant for many years.

I'm willing to bet good money this is just agent talk.

you're most probably right but I still think the slim possibility is there... I'm fairly certain that if Arsenal continue to play spinelessly as they always tend to do and sanchez has to do everything by himself, as is currently the case, he will want to leave... And if they're faced with a situation where he would run down his contract, the greedy arse board might want to cash in this summer instead of losing him for nothing... A long shot but in football, you never know

15 minutes ago, Leif said:

Emenalo is the only 'important' staff member at the club to not have been sacked after our bad periods, because he's Roman's friend, which is why he has a job here, not because of any credentials. 

Also, to give him credit for finding any of the players we have is naive. Our best scouts over the years, some of which are still with us, are the ones who found our Belgians (bar Hazard, everyone knew about him). AVB brought in Mata, Romeu (a real talent at the time) & others. 

He obviously isn't the one finding our players. So, what does he do? Close some deals after our scouts find them? The job our new lady does? He is surplus, then. 

Emenalo looks at which managers we should bring into the club. That's roughly it. He advises Roman. Now that we have a coach we should stick with, what do you propose he does? I mean, besides hopping on whatever name the tabloids are cooking up and running to his Roman master saying 'This guy is good!!! Really! Get him please!!!', like he did with Stones. 

So how do you know all this? How can you figure he's an idiot that had caused all our problems even though he has no power? 

I don't think its a race thing, most fans hate people they presume to be incharge of transfers(like Man U). But you seem to find a way to blame him for the bad moves while claiminng he has no power. 

Hes been here since Roman and we've been great.  You need to make up your mind and figure out what his role is, cause right now according to you: he's responsible for the bad transfer and had nothing to do with the good ones. 

Just now, petre.ispirescu said:

Conte's given a new breath of life to this club, he's gained a lot of reputation through his work at the club and the 11 wins in a row. At this moment I do not think there would be anybody at this club trying to sign players on his own and force Conte to play them. If this goes through then Conte must have given his approval.

I would also agree. Don't see our club being moronic enough to start signing players for a manager who has his team playing amazing and winning 11 on the bounce, without his consent or approval..

16 minutes ago, Leif said:

Dumbest post I've ever seen on this site. Honestly. 

How the hell do you even know what anyone at the club is pushing for?

5 minutes ago, Chelsea? said:

So how do you know all this? How can you figure he's an idiot that had caused all our problems even though he has no power? 

I don't think its a race thing, most fans hate people they presume to be incharge of transfers(like Man U). But you seem to find a way to blame him for the bad moves while claiminng he has no power. 

Hes been here since Roman and we've been great.  You need to make up your mind and figure out what his role is, cause right now according to you: he's responsible for the bad transfer and had nothing to do with the good ones. 

His role has changed over time. Because, Roman had to find a way to keep his buddy around. Square peg, round holes, that sort of thing.

He sealed some moves for players found by our scouts, but now Maria does that. Before Maria was here, he signed off on very dodgy deals, some of which at the time were not found by scouts, but were his own personal fancy. I won't allow that to be disputed, it's been in writing for all to see for years, especially when you consider his agent connections and the players they've had on their books (who then ended up with us.)

He hasn't caused all of our problems; but have you noticed he's the only high profile staff member to not receive the axe during bad times, and also the least qualified man to have ever had a role at this club? 

A couple janitors have been here since Roman, and we've been great. Are they responsible for our success? Are they void from being held under scrutiny if they fail to clean the toilets?

13 minutes ago, Leif said:

His role has changed over time. Because, Roman had to find a way to keep his buddy around. Square peg, round holes, that sort of thing.

He sealed some moves for players found by our scouts, but now Maria does that. Before Maria was here, he signed off on very dodgy deals, some of which at the time were not found by scouts, but were his own personal fancy. I won't allow that to be disputed, it's been in writing for all to see for years, especially when you consider his agent connections and the players they've had on their books (who then ended up with us.)

He hasn't caused all of our problems; but have you noticed he's the only high profile staff member to not receive the axe during bad times, and also the least qualified man to have ever had a role at this club? 

A couple janitors have been here since Roman, and we've been great. Are they responsible for our success? Are they void from being held under scrutiny if they fail to clean the toilets?

You hate the man for reasons only known by you. How exactly do you know who he brought in? Your posts can't be serious. 

Anyone that looks at our transfer policy will know our signings are mostly geared towards whatever the coach wants or towards what Roman wants. Anyone using reason would say our managers have been in charge of the transfers considering they really seem to fit their players of interest. 

The only times the club seemed to have made signings without a manger or Romans demands were when we signed: KDB, Lukaku(whom AVB himself said was a club signing, not his), Oscar, Tibo, and the whole youth movement a few years back. You think Roman would spend millions on youngsters because some scout said we should do it? Get real, we barely use scouts. And if we do they have been terrible. 

Just stop finding a way to blame him for the bad moves and crediting the good ones to Mariana or some random scouts.  

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You