James Rodríguez

21 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Listen Fernando I have a soft spot for left footed footballers and I do not doubt James' ability. It's his attitude I'm most concerned of. He is Colombia's darling and I'm afraid fame got to his head since his move to Madrid. Kept the front page of the tabloids for a long time with his endless parties at nightclubs all over Madrid and his training ethics are very bad. 

Football wise I think he is a very good player. It's his head that needs to be worked at. A lot.

I actually think he'd fit very well into this new formation because as I see it this 3-4-3 is a "3-4-3" only on paper. When defending it's clearly a 5-4-1 and when attacking I see it more as a 3-2-4-1.

Exactly like this                                                          80e856e669.jpg

ML,DM,MR=The three defenders.

MC=Kante&Matic.

AL,AR=Alonso&Moses.

FC=Diego Costa.

AC=Hazard, Pedro/Willian.

Hazard and Pedro/Willian have rarely played as wingers in this formation. That role is taken by Marcos Alonso and Moses almost everytime when Chelsea take attacking positions, whereas the supposed wingers (Hazard - Pedro/Willian) drift centrally becoming attacking midfielders.

Assuming James would take Pedro/Willian's role, that is exactly his natural position. Would drift a lot centrally, this is why I think he'd fit very good into this formation.

But is he a risk worth taking? 

Well you just gave the most critical part of this system. The wing backs. We are not buying a wing back here, just going for an upgrade to Oscar/Willian/Pedro

If your going to worry about free role, well we are playing with two DM. Plus the wings back that turn defender. Surely that's enough cover?

Again another critical part of this system is the DM which we are not getting right now.

Taking that into consideration, you just sold a bench player and have loads of money, then who can you realistically buy now to replace that spot?

You can buy a prospect as suggested or buy an upgrade. And in this January transfer window I have no idea who you can buy that will upgrade over Willian and Pedro other then James.

James is 25, is hungry to play and win tittles....well to play the more, otherwise he could stay at Madrid and get tittles and good money. So this shows he is driven, he has motivation, and this is what Conte looks for in a player....kinda like Moses. An outcast but motivated to play.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, LDN Blue said:

Yeah but the difference here is you have a player who's not playing this much at his own club actively seeking a move away. The stars you mention are content where they are.even if they're stuck at the likes of Arsenal lmao.

James is more attainable than those you've mentioned imo.

The bigger question is do we need an attacker in January? I dont think Oscar needs to be replaced at all (not immediately anyway0 since he didn't fit into any position in the XI 

31 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Well you just gave the most critical part of this system. The wing backs. We are not buying a wing back here, just going for an upgrade to Oscar/Willian/Pedro

If your going to worry about free role, well we are playing with two DM. Plus the wings back that turn defender. Surely that's enough cover?

Again another critical part of this system is the DM which we are not getting right now.

Taking that into consideration, you just sold a bench player and have loads of money, then who can you realistically buy now to replace that spot?

You can buy a prospect as suggested or buy an upgrade. And in this January transfer window I have no idea who you can buy that will upgrade over Willian and Pedro other then James.

James is 25, is hungry to play and win tittles....well to play the more, otherwise he could stay at Madrid and get tittles and good money. So this shows he is driven, he has motivation, and this is what Conte looks for in a player....kinda like Moses. An outcast but motivated to play.

Not worried about his workrate to be honest, but his attitude. Remember the WC in 2014 where apart from his goals, he had a very good workrate, something in the region of 10 km covered in every of his 5 matches played there.

But everything seems to have crumbled since his move to Real Madrid. Big fee, big city, world's most famous football club, big wages, but not that big of a development in his career. I'd say he's even stalled to be fair.

Now even Lucas Vazquez and Mariano Diaz are being picked ahead of him at Real Madrid. Something is wrong with him otherwise I can't see why a fabulous ex player like Zidane would not pick him given his talent.

If he thinks he is ready for a restart in his career and assuming he is aware of Conte's training methods and ethics, then he is welcomed here. But if he thinks he is doing Chelsea a favour by coming here, instead of the other way around, and acts like Ozil on the pitch, then we're better of without him to be honest.

34 minutes ago, -Kaplan- said:

So Madrid bought him for £63m and after sitting on the bench for over 2 years, he's now worth £70m? 

This is just click-bait for the tabloids. 

If anything his value should be lower but saying that Oscar was a bench warmer and he's going for £60m 

2 minutes ago, the wes said:

If anything his value should be lower but saying that Oscar was a bench warmer and he's going for £60m 

Oscar is going to a league with wealthy owners who cream themselves for massively overrated south americans. Hulk,Ramires, Teixeira, Jackson Martinez, Conca. They're totally clueless. 

Also, I know our board has made some massive cock-ups in the past(Cuadrado, Torres), but they aren't daft enough to spend £70m on a sub-par player. 

At least I hope so. 

4 minutes ago, -Kaplan- said:

Oscar is going to a league with wealthy owners who cream themselves for massively overrated south americans. Hulk,Ramires, Teixeira, Jackson Martinez, Conca. They're totally clueless. 

Also, I know our board has made some massive cock-ups in the past(Cuadrado, Torres), but they aren't daft enough to spend £70m on a sub-par player. 

At least I hope so. 

They have to start somewhere, its a similar but more extreme case as City but with a whole league. Right now they have nothing to offer but obscene wages and as overrated as those players are most are marketable and will promote the league. Eventually if it makes the progress they hope thety will, then they won't have to offer as obscene salarys (reletive to future inflation)  to attract players.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

They have to start somewhere, its a similar but more extreme case as City but with a whole league. Right now they have nothing to offer but obscene wages and as overrated as those players are most are marketable and will promote the league. Eventually if it makes the progress they hope thety will, then they won't have to offer as obscene salarys (reletive to future inflation)  to attract players.

Also take into account the country they're going to. It's easier, and more inviting for SAmerican and African players to acclimate themselves to the european environment than it would be in China. 

Not to mention the competitive nature of professional athletes; I would assume most would want to play in the top competitions against the top players. 

Personally, I don't see this investment ever yielding fruition. Just my opinion. 

41 minutes ago, -Kaplan- said:

At least I hope so. 

'totally clueless', but, almost half of the Brazil XI could be in China within the next 5 years. Brazil. The greatest national side of all time. That is smart marketing.

1 hour ago, Strike said:

The bigger question is do we need an attacker in January? I dont think Oscar needs to be replaced at all (not immediately anyway0 since he didn't fit into any position in the XI 

No, we absolutely don't lol. I guess this is more of a commercial signing - should it happen.

6 minutes ago, LDN Blue said:

No, we absolutely don't lol. I guess this is more of a commercial signing - should it happen.

Then who gets the goals when Costa gets injured & Hazard hasn't got his shooting boots on? Matic? Kante? Willian? Pedro? Of course we need more attacking options, we have the least out of all top 5 teams in all the top 5 leagues.

Just now, Leif said:

Then who gets the goals when Costa gets injured & Hazard hasn't got his shooting boots on? Matic? Kante? Willian? Pedro? Of course we need more attacking options, we have the least out of all top 5 teams in all the top 5 leagues.

And he plays where lol?

I worry about our shape should he be coming in for Matic. We'll see anyway, but if we were concerned about that then surely Pedro is the one who should be replaced with a goal scorer.

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

Yeah its all apples and oranges, but then again I one could assume James is going downhill too. 

He went from WC hero and first very good season at RM to bench warmer who cant get ahead Vazquez or Asensio. Its kinda sad because he has talent, but Zidane seems to know what hes doing and if he values James so little...I have feeling if he was that good, he would utilise him by now. 

Perhaps James will shine again or his peak was WC 2014 and will do a Robinho if he comes to PL.

Apples and oranges? One was approaching his 30s, had his injury issues and the performance level was already dropping. The other is only in mid 20s, yet to approach his peak and already shown what he can do under the right manager.

This whole 'He's a Real Madrid reject! We shouldn't buy him!' argument is a bit silly really. The likes of Real, Barcelona and Bayern Munich always have a squad filled with many quality players and some are bound to get underused more than others. Just because some aren't playing much for those 3, that doesn't mean they are useless and aren't any good. Have people forgotten what happened with Makelele? Undervalued, under-appreciated at Real but we bought him and he ended up being a world class player for us. Sanchez is another example and hell, we should know ourselves too after what happened with De Bruyne and Mourinho.

1 hour ago, Leif said:

'totally clueless', but, almost half of the Brazil XI could be in China within the next 5 years. Brazil. The greatest national side of all time. That is smart marketing.

None of them start for Brazil anymore. I don't even think Oscar played in the last 2 qualifiers. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You