James Rodríguez

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, iceboy said:

His agent is Jorge Mendes. This summer he was very quiet. Rino Maiola was the main man with Ibra, Mikhitaryan and the record deal Pogba. Maybe is stupid reason but this is why I think Mendes will push for this deal.

Speaking of which, could it be that Mourinho has issues with his once upon a time close friend Jorge Mendes ? 

2 hours ago, LDN Blue said:

Certainly. If anything I would have preferred Mkhitaryan to James Rodriguez if we were seeking an attacking midfielder, because he played on the right for a lot of Dortmund games last year (so I've been told anyway..) and that would make sense. It would push Willian to improve all round, but we'd also have a secondary creative outlet. 

If James does come, he'll probably keep Cesc and Oscar out the team. I don't see Conte dropping Matic, he'll provide the protection in midfield and stick to Conte's seeming evident 7-defensive players on the pitch tactic. 

I don't know, it depends. If Conte brings in James, I don't think he'd play in a midfield 3 over Fabregas. What I do know about Conte is that he always tries to accommodate his best players. Cesc will force his way into the 11. Cesc's strengths lie in playing deep, in and around the centre circle spraying about the ball and dictating the game. James is a lot more effective closer to goal. James would either play behind the striker or as a second striker, or out wide IMO. 

Against stubborn sides, why shouldn't we play James, Cesc and Eden? Imagine the creativity and attacking potential between the three. Flank them with work horses like Costa, Willian and Kante and suddenly you have a great team. I really don't want to get excited but the potential of James possibly coming to CFC is becoming more mouth watering. There aren't any concrete links yet though. At about £60m in today's market it's a fair price. It would truly show we are still an ambitious club. 

Couple that with two good defenders and we suddenly have an outstanding window. Batshuayi, Kante, James, a LB, a CB. Can the club pull it off?

1 minute ago, The Skipper said:

Real Madrid always have great players they're willing to let go. Think Robben, Sneijder, Higuain, Makelele... the list is endless. Could James be part of that list?

And the most recent who has lit up the PL in Özil. James could do the same thing Özil has done for Arse since leaving Madrid which is give us another creative spark that's on Hazard's level ability wise.

Scores, assists, fantastic passer, crosser, dribbler, and one of the best freekick takers out there. I really hope there's truth in these rumors. We need another attacking player with world class talent. He'd have a chip on his shoulder and want to prove that Madrid are wrong to want rid of him.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

And the most recent who has lit up the PL in Özil. James could do the same thing Özil has done for Arse since leaving Madrid which is give us another creative spark that's on Hazard's level ability wise.

Scores, assists, fantastic passer, crosser, dribbler, and one of the best freekick takers out there. I really hope there's truth in these rumors. We need another attacking player with world class talent. He'd have a chip on his shoulder and want to prove that Madrid are wrong to want rid of him.

Almost forgot about Mesut. Edited the above post to reflect that. Then you also have Di Maria. It's ridiculous. 

Please make it happen CFC. :(

9 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Real Madrid always have great players they're willing to let go. Think Robben, Sneijder, Higuain, Makelele... the list is endless. Could James be part of that list?

Bloody hope so.

From looking at RM sites the majority of supporters while they all like him and want him to stay, understand that he wants and deserves regular playing time and they can't see him getting it there.

And as long as they dont lose money on him and doesn't goto a rival they don't mind him leaving to us.

Hope this aint another pipe dream. Had enough of those already.

28 minutes ago, iceboy said:

http://www.realmadridnews.com/chelsea-wants-sign-james-rodriguez-18553

According to this our bid is 70 mln euros.

They bought him for 75, no chance in hell they let him go for less than that to a pl club in todays market.

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

I know theres alot of peeps here think theyre just bit players and remember them under different managers etc but both have come back full of confidence and wanting to prove themselves. I like Willian alot so I'm not saying sell him. But hes not been right so far this season for whatever reason. So I would rather play someone who is going to be up for it.  Cant be sentimentle right now. Already picking players like Matic,Oscar,Bane for some other reason than theyre the best option for the team.

Nah I completely agree with you. I do appreciate what Willian did last season in terms of some important goals from free kicks and whatnot. But he's also one that will need replacing out of this team, he's still not good at making decisions in the final third of the box. Much like prior to last season, he's good at running with the ball and taking on opposing full-backs on generally anyone but once he crosses into that final third he's a headless chicken. 

I'd love it if we could convince Cuadrado to stay with us and really unleash that potential he's shown for Columbia and Juventus, but all the rumours seem to suggest he's very unsettled and doesn't want to stay in England. I guess that's a consequence of loaning someone out within 6 months of signing them - Thanks Jose lol. If Conte can convince him to stay I see no reason why he can't displace Willian as our primary right-winger.

29 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Against stubborn sides, why shouldn't we play James, Cesc and Eden? Imagine the creativity and attacking potential between the three. Flank them with work horses like Costa, Willian and Kante and suddenly you have a great team.

I do agree here, it will just depend on Conte. He says he's flexible in that if he sees something tactical isn't working he's not afraid to make the change, so perhaps we would see less Matic and more creative attacking players. You just worry with the unstable defence we have coupled with just Kante marshalling ahead of them, we're quite easily exposed on the counter attack. But as you say, if we signed a LB & CB then that works for us. 10 days left of the window, I'll be amazed if we can make 3 world class signings. Waking up on Monday to the news of James & Koulibaly would put me over the moon! Lol 

Dont want this to happen. Very clumsy when pressed, easily rushed. Which is a shame because when he has time and space he has a great left foot. Passing, shooting or crossing you name it. Not a big game player though and wed be stupid to spend 70m. 

Riding the bench for their opener as expected. Zidane doesn't fancy him even when a few of their best players aren't playing.

Come on, James. Move on over to Chelsea and be the star that we've seen you be before. :D

18:09

JAMES STAYING PUT?

Real Madrid will not sell James Rodriguez this summer, reports AS.

James’ future has been subject to heavy speculation since the end of last season following a disappointing second campaign at the Bernabeu.

Arsenal and Chelsea have been linked with the Colombian in recent weeks but the Premier League duo are set to be disappointed in their pursuit of the former Monaco man.

According to AS, Real Madrid have informed James that he will not be sold during this transfer window

From SkySports Transfer Centre

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You