James Rodríguez

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he's a fantastic player, but I have to say, I'm not that excited about it.  In fact, I don't really want it.  I don't see where he fits.

Assuming that there is a budget, and not just "60M for James and no one else", I'd much rather have someone like Koke or Saul to complement our midfield.  Fabregas needs to start over Matic.  With Kante and Fabs, the 3rd midfielder would ideally be a B2B all-rounder type to help cover for Fabs defensive liabilities, but can also provide some offensive spark that Kante can not.

4 hours ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I think he's a fantastic player, but I have to say, I'm not that excited about it.  In fact, I don't really want it.  I don't see where he fits.

Assuming that there is a budget, and not just "60M for James and no one else", I'd much rather have someone like Koke or Saul to complement our midfield.  Fabregas needs to start over Matic.  With Kante and Fabs, the 3rd midfielder would ideally be a B2B all-rounder type to help cover for Fabs defensive liabilities, but can also provide some offensive spark that Kante can not.

I agree and on the other hand we can maybe get 2 or even 3 very good players for that money. 

7 hours ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

He doesn't block Hazard position therefore he fits here perfectly.

Atleti have ban for 2 years, they won't sell anybody until 2018.

Can we fit James, Cesc and Hazard in one team? That would be one team full of creativity and attacking prowess. He's going to have to play out wide though. Not sure how effective he is there. 

Something like:

IMG_2219.JPG

That would be an exciting team going forward. If we need more defensive prowess we drop Michy for a midfielder?

3 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Regardless, the signing would give us some great options. Doubt it would happen though, refusing to get excited. 

Man I say the same thing every year that I'm not going to read any transfer shit. But then I find myself checking NewsNow every half hour thru the day and reading every bloody clickbait site story thats on there. Big habit to break.

Join me. The waters lovely lol

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/Premier+League/Chelsea/Transfer+News

20 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

NewsNow every half hour thru the day

Lmao, welcome to the damned club :lol: . That place is horrible for the amount of clickbait titles, but it's so easy to get yourself excited browsing through! LOL

3 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Can we fit James, Cesc and Hazard in one team? That would be one team full of creativity and attacking prowess. He's going to have to play out wide though. Not sure how effective he is there. 

Certainly. If anything I would have preferred Mkhitaryan to James Rodriguez if we were seeking an attacking midfielder, because he played on the right for a lot of Dortmund games last year (so I've been told anyway..) and that would make sense. It would push Willian to improve all round, but we'd also have a secondary creative outlet. 

If James does come, he'll probably keep Cesc and Oscar out the team. I don't see Conte dropping Matic, he'll provide the protection in midfield and stick to Conte's seeming evident 7-defensive players on the pitch tactic. 

4 hours ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

He doesn't block Hazard position therefore he fits here perfectly.

Atleti have ban for 2 years, they won't sell anybody until 2018.

Forgot about that.  Thanks for killing my hopes straight away instead of taking an entire summer to do it slowly.

34 minutes ago, LDN Blue said:

Certainly. If anything I would have preferred Mkhitaryan to James Rodriguez if we were seeking an attacking midfielder, because he played on the right for a lot of Dortmund games last year (so I've been told anyway..) and that would make sense. It would push Willian to improve all round, but we'd also have a secondary creative outlet. 

If James does come, he'll probably keep Cesc and Oscar out the team. I don't see Conte dropping Matic, he'll provide the protection in midfield and stick to Conte's seeming evident 7-defensive players on the pitch tactic. 

I normally agree with alot you say and I know that youre a big Willian lover but look at it really open mindedly with a view of Cuadrado or Moses as RAM.

Both are stronger in attack than him and offer more to us doing so.

I know theres alot of peeps here think theyre just bit players and remember them under different managers etc but both have come back full of confidence and wanting to prove themselves. I like Willian alot so I'm not saying sell him. But hes not been right so far this season for whatever reason. So I would rather play someone who is going to be up for it.  Cant be sentimentle right now. Already picking players like Matic,Oscar,Bane for some other reason than theyre the best option for the team.

We are lacking creativity so Rodriguez would obviously bring us more.

Cescy works best if hes in a deep pocket protected both sides. If hes given time space to do his magic then the assist king rules. But that means building a team around him and I dont think Conte will be up for that unlerss its on the odd occasion. So even tho I love him dearly I love Chelsea more and if it means his sacrifice to bring in someone like Rodriguez who would undoubtedly offer more in more areas then I'd buy him if poss.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You