James Rodríguez

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he's available, he should be our no.1 target.

I can't stress enough how important is to have someone besides Hazard. We've seen on Monday that with the right protection we can achieve defensive solidity even with Iva, Cahill and JT. But with basically just 4 players left to create, those 4 players should be elite in attacking sense.

If Conte couldn't fit James into this Chelsea side, he'd lose greatly in my eyes. But reality is that he could fit him w/o losing defensive solidity.

The most important thing is that James is not playing in Hazard position, therefore he fits here perfectly.

https://amp.twimg.com/v/2b25abe7-0dd4-46cf-bc8b-a02d37e8c3e3

They are running exclusive story about James. That there was a meeting in Madrid with Jose Angel Sanchez, general director of Real Madrid, Jorge Mendes, James's agent and unnamed director of English club. Zidane doesn't count on James and is prepared to sell him to raise cash for Alaba (the last part is my take, not in this story, but it's open secret that Alaba is no.1 target of Real). They were discussing all sorts of things including gross and net spending, basically taxes and additional costs attached.

Guys, if this club was Chelsea I will lose my shit. James at Chelsea. Now I probably won't sleep. Wouldn't anyway as I see men's shot put at the Olympics but that gets me excited.

5 hours ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

https://amp.twimg.com/v/2b25abe7-0dd4-46cf-bc8b-a02d37e8c3e3

They are running exclusive story about James. That there was a meeting in Madrid with Jose Angel Sanchez, general director of Real Madrid, Jorge Mendes, James's agent and unnamed director of English club. Zidane doesn't count on James and is prepared to sell him to raise cash for Alaba (the last part is my take, not in this story, but it's open secret that Alaba is no.1 target of Real). They were discussing all sorts of things including gross and net spending, basically taxes and additional costs attached.

Guys, if this club was Chelsea I will lose my shit. James at Chelsea. Now I probably won't sleep. Wouldn't anyway as I see men's shot put at the Olympics but that gets me excited.

Had Daily Mail, The Sun, Daily Express, Mirror had a TV show together that would be the English equivalent of El Chiringuito de Jugones.

Isco has been able to reverse his situation at Real Madrid, James Rodriguez has not (via @fredhermel) #RMCF

There has been a summit in Real Madrid for James Rodriguez (via @NachoPuerta55) #RMCF

José Ángel Sanchez, Jorge Mendes & a Director of an English club gathered yesterday to discuss James Rodriguez (via @NachoPuerta55) #RMCF

If he leaves Real Madrid I got a feeling he'll end up at Arsenal. Would fit their team like a glove and there's enormous pressure by their fans on Wenger to spend some money. Mahrez was their primary AM target but he signed a new deal to stay at Leicester so next up James would be the logical solution. Won't be cheap but he'd improve their squad massively.

Hope I'm wrong, don't want to see him go there. Don't really know if he'd be good for Chelsea either though. 

3 hours ago, Jype said:

If he leaves Real Madrid I got a feeling he'll end up at Arsenal. Would fit their team like a glove and there's enormous pressure by their fans on Wenger to spend some money. Mahrez was their primary AM target but he signed a new deal to stay at Leicester so next up James would be the logical solution. Won't be cheap but he'd improve their squad massively.

Hope I'm wrong, don't want to see him go there. Don't really know if he'd be good for Chelsea either though. 

Don't see where he'd fit in at Arsenal at all, actually. Mahrez made sense because he's a natural wide player with pace. James plays in Özil's position. Buying a player for £60m or whatever and then playing him out of his natural position would be dumb.

1 minute ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

We could use him but I don't see us paying a small fortune to get him. Koulibaly is a must.

We don't need another Oscar in James ;) We already have one :) 

Just now, Pizy said:

Don't see where he'd fit in at Arsenal at all, actually. Mahrez made sense because he's a natural wide player with pace. James plays in Özil's position. Buying a player for £60m or whatever and then playing him out of his natural position would be dumb.

That may be true but the thing is Arsenal must be getting pretty damn desperate at this point in the window and if a world class player comes on the market they should be one of the first clubs to get in there. Maybe it's just me but personally I don't see a problem with James - Özil - Sanchez in a three man attacking midfield, they could seamlessly switch positions inside the game and work their magic.

But even so I wasn't basing my comment on tactical reasons but rather Arsenal signing him to please their fanbase who are getting frustrated now more than ever about their lack of transfer activity. Much like the Özil signing a few years back on deadline day, signing James would be a big statement from them that they still have "ambition" even if that wasn't really the case, their fans would shut up for a while and only realize later that they're still shit and start calling for Wenger's head again.

When you look at it, Chelsea are really the only big team in the PL without a top class, creative #10 type. Arsenal have Özil, United now have Mkhitaryan and already had Mata, City have Silva and KDB can also play there, Spuds have Eriksen, and Liverpool have Coutinho.

James could definitely be that for us but would likely mean a shift back to the tried and true 4-2-3-1 that we've been using for years.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You