test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MrExcalibur100

James Rodríguez

Started by MrExcalibur100,

1,483 posts in this topic
3 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

We're not getting James Rodriguez...

And we don't need him anyway. We need to sort our defence out...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tautvix said:

And we don't need him anyway. We need to sort our defence out...

We could use him but I don't see us paying a small fortune to get him. Koulibaly is a must.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

We could use him but I don't see us paying a small fortune to get him. Koulibaly is a must.

We don't need another Oscar in James ;) We already have one :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pizy said:

Don't see where he'd fit in at Arsenal at all, actually. Mahrez made sense because he's a natural wide player with pace. James plays in Özil's position. Buying a player for £60m or whatever and then playing him out of his natural position would be dumb.

That may be true but the thing is Arsenal must be getting pretty damn desperate at this point in the window and if a world class player comes on the market they should be one of the first clubs to get in there. Maybe it's just me but personally I don't see a problem with James - Özil - Sanchez in a three man attacking midfield, they could seamlessly switch positions inside the game and work their magic.

But even so I wasn't basing my comment on tactical reasons but rather Arsenal signing him to please their fanbase who are getting frustrated now more than ever about their lack of transfer activity. Much like the Özil signing a few years back on deadline day, signing James would be a big statement from them that they still have "ambition" even if that wasn't really the case, their fans would shut up for a while and only realize later that they're still shit and start calling for Wenger's head again.

Leif likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jype said:

That may be true but the thing is Arsenal must be getting pretty damn desperate at this point in the window and if a world class player comes on the market they should be one of the first clubs to get in there. Maybe it's just me but personally I don't see a problem with James - Özil - Sanchez in a three man attacking midfield, they could seamlessly switch positions inside the game and work their magic.

But even so I wasn't basing my comment on tactical reasons but rather Arsenal signing him to please their fanbase who are getting frustrated now more than ever about their lack of transfer activity. Much like the Özil signing a few years back on deadline day, signing James would be a big statement from them that they still have "ambition" even if that wasn't really the case, their fans would shut up for a while and only realize later that they're still shit and start calling for Wenger's head again.

All true, good points. I'm just not sure I can imagine Wenger spending that much on an attacking player. He's got Cazorla back nowand he's got Walcott, Ox, and Iwobi who can all play that third attacking mid position alongside Sanchez and Özil. Wenger often refuses to reinforce areas he's in dire need of. Buying a marquee player in an area he's well stocked in would shock me. 

nadavTKL likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Real Madrid appear unable to make any moves in the transfer market this summer and might have to sell a big name player to facilitate any new arrivals.

One of those players could be James Rodriguez, who is currently negotiating his departure to Chelsea for 70 million euros.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Chelsea has already met with James' agent to convey their interest but formal talks between the two clubs are still pending.

Los Blancos don't want to exchange any players as part of the deal and have requested the net sum of 70 million euros.

http://www.sport-english.com/en/noticias/futbol-internacional/chelsea-are-talks-sign-real-madrids-james-rodriguez-5333389

Should wait for Madrid papers. Sport based in Barcelona.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if we Sign Ja-Rod / Jam-Rod.

it will be like the Signing of Pogba for Chelsea.

because we have no Champions League and we still attract a player like James Rodriguez just like Man Utd for Pogba without Champions League.

Unionjack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If conte wants him and he wants to come lets sign him up. everyone is always saying we need more goals/attacking from the right side and someone to take pressure off hazard. I personally think moving willian next to kante and matic would be spectacular. can rush the ball up field and jump into the attack as a super charged oscar. (as always ill believe it when he is holding up the shirt)

 

          kante

willian         matic

james          hazard

          costa

could do some damage

 

Leif, Unionjack and !Hazard! like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pizy said:

When you look at it, Chelsea are really the only big team in the PL without a top class, creative #10 type. Arsenal have Özil, United now have Mkhitaryan and already had Mata, City have Silva and KDB can also play there, Spuds have Eriksen, and Liverpool have Coutinho.

James could definitely be that for us but would likely mean a shift back to the tried and true 4-2-3-1 that we've been using for years.

 

Hazard is the #10 on this team though.

oldportblue likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pizy said:

When you look at it, Chelsea are really the only big team in the PL without a top class, creative #10 type. Arsenal have Özil, United now have Mkhitaryan and already had Mata, City have Silva and KDB can also play there, Spuds have Eriksen, and Liverpool have Coutinho.

James could definitely be that for us but would likely mean a shift back to the tried and true 4-2-3-1 that we've been using for years.

 

Hazard is the #10 on this team though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Gilvorak said:

Hazard is the #10 on this team though.

Huh? He doesn't play in the same position as any of the #10's I just named. He's a winger.

Unionjack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.