James Rodríguez

So thats £20mill less than was thought. Or is that only to Mounure?

Manchester United enquire over possibility of signing James Rodriguez in summer — with Real Madrid demanding £50million

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2517221/manchester-united-enquire-james-rodriguez-real-madrid-50million/

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

So thats £20mill less than was thought. Or is that only to Mounure?

Manchester United enquire over possibility of signing James Rodriguez in summer — with Real Madrid demanding £50million

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2517221/manchester-united-enquire-james-rodriguez-real-madrid-50million/

The sun made a discount...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Not only does he seem like the exact opposite of a Mourinho player, but he also plays in a position they already have many players in. Makes no sense for United to buy him for any reason other than as a Galactico, PR signing because he's a big name. They have Mata, Mkhitaryan, Martial, Lingard, Rashford, and even Fellaini who all play in those positions behind the striker. 

Honestly, I wouldn't even worry much if he went there since he's not the sort of player they need. Don't think he really elevates them a level.

he's the Aguero's version in the CAM position... stay clear if you want to win silverware. Ozil is in the same group of zero work rate.

Would be very suprised if a guy like Conte was going for him.

Now if you want to watch slick touches now and then, he's your guy!

I don't think this lazy player thing is exactly fair. People have said in the future guys like Fabregas was lazy, Hazard was lazy, Mikel was lazy, Ivanovic was lazy etc and whoever else but as Cesc and Fabregas have shown us this season they aren't lazy because the manager has encouraged them to do the work backwards, improve their game in terms of pushing on and pressing etc. Conte could rejuvenate James' career in my eyes, I am certain hes scored 10 and made 10 goals or more in that Real Madrid side despite not being a regular starter, he has good ability, if he was to come here I reckon he'd be a huge success. I still think Real would be daft to sell him but if they do we should be in for him, suppose they have sold Ozil, Di Maria etc in the past. He is a genuine top player in my eyes, he was superb under Ancelotti at Real, he really was excellent and I reckon he could do some good things here in that 3-4-3 playing instead of Pedro, hes no slouch, can score goals and create them, also has excellent delivery from set pieces and corners. 50m might seem like a lot but at the world cup 3 years ago he probably was the outstanding player for me. 

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

I don't think this lazy player thing is exactly fair. People have said in the future guys like Fabregas was lazy, Hazard was lazy, Mikel was lazy, Ivanovic was lazy etc and whoever else but as Cesc and Fabregas have shown us this season they aren't lazy because the manager has encouraged them to do the work backwards, improve their game in terms of pushing on and pressing etc. Conte could rejuvenate James' career in my eyes, I am certain hes scored 10 and made 10 goals or more in that Real Madrid side despite not being a regular starter, he has good ability, if he was to come here I reckon he'd be a huge success. I still think Real would be daft to sell him but if they do we should be in for him, suppose they have sold Ozil, Di Maria etc in the past. He is a genuine top player in my eyes, he was superb under Ancelotti at Real, he really was excellent and I reckon he could do some good things here in that 3-4-3 playing instead of Pedro, hes no slouch, can score goals and create them, also has excellent delivery from set pieces and corners. 50m might seem like a lot but at the world cup 3 years ago he probably was the outstanding player for me. 

And play him where? RW? 

He is slow and doesnt have that close space dribbling ability. Isco has that and I think it could work in PL because he is like a slower Eden.

But James wont work here in this formation.

Gonna be hard for us to negotiate for him if we aren't willing to sell them Eden 

we have tons of money next season,,and if madrid need someone like mbappe or dybala we can offer them around 70 million pounds...

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

And play him where? RW? 

I don't think it is a guarntee we will play the same formation next season, Conte didn't plan on playing the 3-4-3 initially, ultimately chose it because it fitted his personals and team. No doubt he would change the formation If the situation is different.

probably BS but it is believe Conte wants to bring in players to play 4-2-4. I think it was the guardian who ran the story.

2 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

And play him where? RW? 

He is slow and doesnt have that close space dribbling ability. Isco has that and I think it could work in PL because he is like a slower Eden.

Slow? He isn't slow? Hes not quite Edens speed but hes probably as quick as Pedro. He played RW beforehand, he started there, even at Real under Ancelotti he played as a RW in the 4-4-2 they played with Benzema and Ronaldo up front. He's obviously has got close control and I've seen him in Real Madrid games get out of difficult situations with it. Isco would be a better option but he is slower than James although hes probably just as good if not better. He would be a good option because the two wide players, well I'm calling them wide players but they really arent in this formation, get between the lines into the half spaces a lot and this would suit him down to the ground as he can operate in there and provide key passes for our forwards/midfield runners.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You