James Rodríguez

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

What are you suggesting? 

I don't have a suggestion on who should be bought as a RF/RW, but I want a fresh, pacey player who can also shoot and score. A player like Mane --if there are more out there, is a much better option than another attacking midfielder who was overpriced and hyped both before and after Madrid bought him. 

Seems to me that the player Conte wants will be able to play in the traditional trident or as a winger... IDK.

James seems like a reclamation project to me, so this is not just about James' skills, physique, nor his position/where he fits; it's also his mentality and history. ---YES--- there's no denying Rodriguez is a player with great potential but that is something that is far from being realized yet.

1 hour ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

I'm dreaming?  Could our 4 year struggle with right-winger/forward be over? 

After watching those last 3 games I'm even more assured that he is the player we need. We're solid like a brick wall, we need that one creative player more. We're that one signing away from being clear title favourite. We barely create, teams figured us out, we need special players to unlock buses. You can't do better than James in that regard. He is just through ball machine, every time he has the ball he looks for opening the space. He will find it cosy here having 8 players behind working for him.

Does club want to leave the squad with barely 3 attacking midfielders?

He might be good against park the bus teams, but I rather see that we buy quick winger who can score on regular basis.

Not to mention James work rate is shit. 

Id pick Berardi, Lemar, Payet or wait till summer and try Dybala.

I'm actually worried to be fair. Watched his interview today, said he has offers and 7 days before giving a response. Reporter asked him "Can you assure the fans you're not leaving this winter? That you are staying in Madrid?" and James responded "No, I can not guarantee this."

Also said: "I want to stay here, but does not depend on me only, there is other things, so I have to think about my future. I want to play more and I want to be here, but sometimes things do not work and if I want to play more then I have to think about everything and be able to find a way out."

What a fucking way to be throwing the Oscar money away this would be.

He is slow, but then again we have had quite a few problems over the years against teams that park the bus. Often we find ourselves not having much space to exploit with pace, and in those cases we need players who can create something from almost a standstill position. I do not doubt that we would benefit from his presence, but he feels like a luxury purchase. 

1 hour ago, petre.ispirescu said:

I'm actually worried to be fair. Watched his interview today, said he has offers and 7 days before giving a response. Reporter asked him "Can you assure the fans you're not leaving this winter? That you are staying in Madrid?" and James responded "No, I can not guarantee this."

Also said: "I want to stay here, but does not depend on me only, there is other things, so I have to think about my future. I want to play more and I want to be here, but sometimes things do not work and if I want to play more then I have to think about everything and be able to find a way out."

What a fucking way to be throwing the Oscar money away this would be.

Don't think this is throwing the money away. 

James it's clearly an upgrade to Willian and Pedro. 

A 3 of Hazard, Costa and James will be amazing. 

But the formation I don't know what will it be. But Conte is the Taylor and I know he wanted this guy before, and it's him pushing for this deal.

Edit: Some guy gave me this formation:

3-4-1-2 with James as the "1" would be amazing, at least on paper.

41 minutes ago, quickpassnmove said:

A loan would work for me. I'm very doubtful of the guy. He sounds like our very own Useless Memphis waiting to happen.

Putting the excitement aside, I am skeptical about signing Rodriguez too but after seeing what Conte has done with the team this season, I'm not ruling out the possibility of him making Rodriguez successful at the club. That's not to say we should just simply sign any player and have Conte turn them into star players, mind you.

Regarding the criticism of Rodriguez's weak mentality, him being lazy etc, I can understand where those are coming from but I also think they may be harsh and even off the mark. If Rodriguez has a weak mentality or is lazy as he's been made out to be, then I don't think he would bothered about leaving Real, would he? I mean, he could just choose to sit on the bench, earn big wages every week and win trophies year in year without playing much. He could choose to have that easy life but by wanting to leave Real and stating the desire to play week in week out, I see a player who is determined to succeed and want to contribute massively to winning things.

Let's not also forget that with the right coaching and man-management, Rodriguez can be an excellent player - as seen in Ancelotti's first reason at Real. He contributed tons of goals and assists and actually even worked hard - something that he's been accused of not doing enough - in their 4-3-3. He can be a star for the team under the right manager.

36 minutes ago, Jason said:

Putting the excitement aside, I am skeptical about signing Rodriguez too but after seeing what Conte has done with the team this season, I'm not ruling out the possibility of him making Rodriguez successful at the club. That's not to say we should just simply sign any player and have Conte turn them into star players, mind you.

Regarding the criticism of Rodriguez's weak mentality, him being lazy etc, I can understand where those are coming from but I also think they may be harsh and even off the mark. If Rodriguez has a weak mentality or is lazy as he's been made out to be, then I don't think he would bothered about leaving Real, would he? I mean, he could just choose to sit on the bench, earn big wages every week and win trophies year in year without playing much. He could choose to have that easy life but by wanting to leave Real and stating the desire to play week in week out, I see a player who is determined to succeed and want to contribute massively to winning things.

Let's not also forget that with the right coaching and man-management, Rodriguez can be an excellent player - as seen in Ancelotti's first reason at Real. He contributed tons of goals and assists and actually even worked hard - something that he's been accused of not doing enough - in their 4-3-3. He can be a star for the team under the right manager.

I'm starting to get excited about the potential of James at Chelsea. 

Getting 60 million for Oscar and getting James is a superb deal. Something if you asked me last summer I thought it would never happen. As I thought we would only get 25 million or so for Oscar. 

Furthermore I'm more confident in this because I know this is a player that Conte wants. And seeing the work that Conte has done, we can cut him some slack. 

Besides it's not like he will be the next Fernando Torres......

James is pretty much Mata. 

Slow - checked.

Cannot defend - checked.

Cannot dribble past defenders - checked.

Great shooting/passing - checked.

Poor ball keeping - checked.

This guy is just pure no.10. James at RW is worse than Pedro. It would be a huge waste of money. We need a dynamic, pacey, hungry, and ambitious player, not James. 

A loan to buy would probably be less risk especially at the price they're quoting. The guy has declined at RM but I still feel he has class and would be great if we employed a 3-4-1-2 system.

16 hours ago, quickpassnmove said:

I don't have a suggestion on who should be bought as a RF/RW, but I want a fresh, pacey player who can also shoot and score. A player like Mane --if there are more out there, is a much better option than another attacking midfielder who was overpriced and hyped both before and after Madrid bought him. 

Seems to me that the player Conte wants will be able to play in the traditional trident or as a winger... IDK.

James seems like a reclamation project to me, so this is not just about James' skills, physique, nor his position/where he fits; it's also his mentality and history. ---YES--- there's no denying Rodriguez is a player with great potential but that is something that is far from being realized yet.

Ousmanne Dembele !!!

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You