James Rodríguez

I would quite happily upgrade alot of our players and of course I would start with our defenders. But surely if possible when a player of this standard might be available how could we not buy him given half a chance.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, J.F. said:

We do need to change half or our current team, that's the reallity, but I agree first start with defenders like I said. Not saying that I'm worried that Chelsea will become like Arsenal but I'm concerned even when we are willing to spend big money we can't sign our top targets and that's the part where it become so fucking hard. No plan B, C, D and we and with some players who will never play for Chelsea or will end up playing half of the season before going on loan and that's it. Nainggolan, Koulibaly were our targets for last few months and we didn't get none of them. We offered big money for them but again that wasn't enough - probably our plan B was Kante and we signed him - great. But waiting for last few days until transfer window is over we still didn't get one single player who can improve our defense is shocking and sad. Now we are launching bids for player like someone from our board is playing manager and is trying to sign 3(?) players in few days. If we get Koulibaly/Romagnoli/Maksimovic, Ricardo Rodriguez/Ghoulam/Hektor, Mautidi/James/Maia/Lukaku/or whatever are our targets in one hand is great in other hand not that much. Our defense is horrible and new players will need time to settle. It's not like we are trying to get players and we already have a system and we will slowly introduce them into the team, we need new players to start playing from the first game in the probably most hardest league in the world like they are already familiar what Premier League is. Also don't forget what power media have in UK, one single mistake and everybody will talk about like it's the end of the world, that is also important in my opinion. I'm not for James transfer just because he is a big name, but because he is a player that would be deadly with Hazard, and to have oe more player who can score 10+ goals and can be threat from long rage - just what we need. Having them on both wings would be joy to watch. He is amazing player but in the wrong club. Give him a important role again and he will be phenomenal like he was in Porto, Monaco, Real Madrid (before Zidane became a manager). Kante and Michy are great players but we need to continue in that rhytm and right now it seems that we are desperate to sign CB and FB. Those bids for random players are just showing that we are again with no plan in last few days in transfer window, and that need to change. Emenalo and co. need to be sacked and be replaced with someone who can actually create the system for transfers, set the targets in time, and have more than one plan,  someone like Monchi in Sevilla.

I whole heartedly agree with you, and I can see why you are calling for us to sign James and I fully support it too. It would be much like how United signed Pogba, maybe they could have got someone far cheaper than him, but it was the showing of intent that boosted the club with confidence and we could do with some as well. It's just that I don't see how he would fit in Conte's system, especially the 4-3-3. Unless we plan to play him on the right and shift Willian to the center. But I am not sure either player would be comfortable with these new positions. I don't want to think about James in the center with Costa up top and Hazard on the left. Oscar, as much as he is inept a lot of times while attacking, is a very hard worker and has defensive abilities which is exactly why he is being played over Cesc these days. James doesn't have that in him.

I don't know about Monchi of Sevilla, but I trust your judgement on it and again, I am with you on the sacking of Emenalo. But really, I think you're a little too pessimistic about this whole situation or maybe I am liking Conte a bit too much. These 7 days will tell us where we stand for the season. 

I think he would be our Mata replacement. 

When Mourinho sold him we never really replaced him. 

As far as making it work with this team? That's a good one to figure it out. But that's good to have those problems something we have not had in a while. 

1 minute ago, Fernando said:

As far as making it work with this team? That's a good one to figure it out. But that's good to have those problems something we have not had in a while. 

It certainly does give us an option, particularly when we play a #10, you don't find many better than James around. 

Yep. Juan never got a proper replacement. I don't know what's up with people suddenly saying Oscar has improved under Conte, he's still shit in my opinion and needs to be offloaded asap. Serie A would be good for him.

Really don't know about this one. Would be great to have him next to Eden.

5 hours ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I'm just afraid that Roman may go off piste for a name.  Sheva, Torres...

Although, like all of us, I originally thought that Roman had bought Torres, it turns out that he did not. Butch Wilkins made it clear three or four years ago that it was Carlo who instigated and pushed that transfer.

I had an exchange with someone a short while ago who believes that Wilkins lied about that. I honestly can't see why he would have. That makes no sense to me. In fact that poster made the claim that he wouldn't believe Wilkins about anything. He may have reasons for having said that but I don't know of any. 

6 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Although, like all of us, I originally thought that Roman had bought Torres, it turns out that he did not. Butch Wilkins made it clear three or four years ago that it was Carlo who instigated and pushed that transfer.

I had an exchange with someone a short while ago who believes that Wilkins lied about that. I honestly can't see why he would have. That makes no sense to me. In fact that poster made the claim that he wouldn't believe Wilkins about anything. He may have reasons for having said that but I don't know of any. 

Right, I didn't know that.  Thanks for the insight.

5 minutes ago, Leif said:

Huge respect if he joins Torino 

Agree. Personally I would love him at the Bridge but Juve is Juve, among 4-5 clubs in the world and most importantly a stable club. 

6 hours ago, zekinjo said:

James Rodriguez leaving Madrid. Looking for a home in Turin, Italy.

image.jpeg

Take it with a pinch of salt though. "Looking for a house in [name the city]" and "Learning [type a language] before his proposed move" are Spanish press' favourite lines. Messi must be native in English and own a few flats in London by now if we go by what Spanish media have said.

James is a lost cause and on top of that, the most overrated player of the last few years. Nobody in Madrid has faith in him anymore and they would like to sell him, but the problem is that there is no club willing to match that crazy asking price.

All the rumours in the press are mostly lies, leaked by Jorge Mendes who is desperate for a big transfer because Mino Raiola has humiliated him in the market this summer. 

The only club stupid enough to pay over the odds for this average player is Paris where Jorge Mendes has a lot of influence. But the biggest problem is that Emery knows James' reputation in Spain and would not touch him with a barge pole. 

The Chelsea rumours are simply lies leaked by Mendes who hopes that Paris will eventually make a move, but the Arabs at the club are leaning towards giving Emery the choice on this, and he has already told them to stay away because James is a mess and not worth the money. 

Just now, The Skipper said:

Man, you'd think James never had that great season under Ancelotti according to some of these posts. He was easily one of the best 10s in the world that season. 

That was ages ago though.

I want him but it has to be on our terms, nothing worse than getting mugged off in one window by Milan, Napoli, Torino, Everton and then finally by Madrid.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You