James Rodríguez

Do you lot remember when we thought £32 million for Hazard was expensive :lol: before only the best would go for ridiculous prices, now any young talent can go for crazy amounts, look at Neymar and James... looking back it was a fucking bargain for Hazard, never thought i'd ever say that.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why are people considering di María an AM (and comparing him to Hazard nonetheless) when Carlo proved last season that his best position in the midfield (centered or at any side) in a 4-3-3?

I never get why the threads get locked when a player moves. I would think it would be nice to be able to talk about how the player is transitioning to his new team and stuff like that.

But then the thread would be trending every time the player score every single goal, and not only James, there are Suarez, Mandzukic, etc. That would be painful to watch.

I prefer it is to be locked, and we could talk about the player performance in their perspective leagues in Football Banter. About transfer issue there is General Transfer Talk. If the player strongly rumoured to join Chelsea then only after that we could reopen the thread.

Just my opinion.

This really gives me more faith in our transfer policy of late. We have the ability to make these massive fee transfers but choose not to be bent over backwards and fucked in the arse like RM and Barca. Yeah we've paid OTT on some players, a la Torres, but nothing a ridiculous as this OR Luke Shaw. We've done the fucking of the arse this window with the Luiz transfer

DI maria to United? where's that came from? they only talk about PSG so far.

tbh i prefer Hazard-Oscar-Willian-Costa to City's front 4. Arsenal got a great attack too, imo they're second best to us. City's attacking quality comes alot from Yaya and the full backs, and except Silva i dont think any of their AM is that good. You can say the same about us and Hazard last season, but i think Willian/Oscar/Schurrle have a lot more potential than Navas/Milner/Nasri.

Nasri??? Navas??? Both really good players.

Also Arsenal's attack could be better than ours now they have added Sanchez, sure Willian and Oscar are good, hardworking players but in terms of creativity I'd say Sanchez-Ozil-Cazorla will create more chances than Willian-Oscar-Hazard. I mean we can be biased and say we prefer our attack to Barcelona's or Madrid's or Arsenal's or City's but the strongest part of our team is probably the defense.

Real won't win shit this year. Ronaldo/Bale/James/Modric don't have half the work rate Di Maria does. No defense in midfield, and Ramos/Pepe just won't cut it.

Pepe and Ramos won't cut it? They managed to cut it last year. Pepe and Ramos are two of the best CBs in Europe.

If you don't think Real will win something then you're daft.

-A few of the key players from Atletico have been sold (Costa, Luis, Courtois well recalled) while Real still have the same spine, although they are improving it with the signing of Toni Kroos in central midfield. If they lose Di Maria and replace him with James people will complain but if James hits the ground running like Bale did, they will soon forget, like they did with Ozil.

-Barca have got a problem, how do they get Messi, Suarez and Neymar in the same team as well (all three prefer to operate in central areas) as Pedro who would start at most teams in Europe (brings width to their play). Also who do they replace Xavi with if he does go? Cesc's gone, Rakitic isn't a natural like for like replacement for Xavi. Sergi Roberto? Not the same quality.

-Atletico still have key players like Tiago, Koke, Raul Garcia, Gabi, Godin and Miranda but have lost one of the best LBs in Europe, one of the best keepers in the Europe and one of the best strikers in Europe. Although they have replaced Costa with someone of similar quality, are the other players they've bought in as good as Luis or Courtois? No.

Having watched a couple of matches and focused on his vision and eye for a pass, I have to say its fucking good. His speed of thought reminds me of ozil and he doesn't have to adjust and waste some seconds to give the pass because he can hit the ball accurately from any angle with the outside of the foot or inside of the foot.

He isn't worth 80mil but he is technically one of the best players around already imo.

I never get why the threads get locked when a player moves. I would think it would be nice to be able to talk about how the player is transitioning to his new team and stuff like that.

Our intentions are to keep threads open a little longer after the player completes his move, just to allow the discussion to go on a little further. Also, after a while it will be locked once the initial fire has burnt out, then it can be discussed every time in general transfer talk or in say the leagues thread in which the player is playing in. People also must remember that we need space on the server so when we lock a thread it is for that purpose, so that more threads can be created.

Do you lot remember when we thought £32 million for Hazard was expensive :lol: before only the best would go for ridiculous prices, now any young talent can go for crazy amounts, look at Neymar and James... looking back it was a fucking bargain for Hazard, never thought i'd ever say that.

I don't remember there being any consensus on Hazard's price being expensive. In fact I remember the opposite - most thought it was reasonable, even on the cheaper side.

I don't remember there being any consensus on Hazard's price being expensive. In fact I remember the opposite - most thought it was reasonable, even on the cheaper side.

I remember a lot of people saying it was expensive. In fact, did red nose take a jibe at us after we signed him for paying too much?

The transfer window has really gone crazy in the past year or so. I remember I was one of the people arguing last summer that 19m for Schurrle was too much!

I disagree with that, now you can say it was reasonable but at that time i'm pretty sure we were all saying he was too expensive especially since we also paid his agent five million (if i remember correctly). Tbh we were all excited about getting Hazard so we didn't make a big deal about it, but the general consensus was that we were overspending.. The Media and opposing fans definitely banged on about the price tag, even Ferguson came out and said it was too much.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You