test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Liuxas

Closed Juan Cuadrado

Started by Liuxas,

1,704 posts in this topic

If Schurrle were to play on the left, Hazard in the middle and Cuadrado on the right then we'd have Salah, Oscar and Willian on the bench. That's some great depth, just not sure if it's realistic enough.

P.S: He's almost identical to Willian already.

If Schurrle were to play on the left, Hazard in the middle and Cuadrado on the right then we'd have Salah, Oscar and Willian on the bench. That's some great depth, just not sure if it's realistic enough.

P.S: He's almost identical to Willian already.

Nope, cuadrado actually attempts to dribble his marker and gets past him into dangerous positions because of his fantastic technique and dribbling skills. Willian pushes the ball forward and tries a low cross or he passes back to oscar. Similar technical abilities but different mentality.

Mourinho always has 2 world class players for each postion he must think Moses isn't up to the grade

I've studied our style of play and we are more of an individual team in possession than a team play style. I said in some thread that we needed another winger on the right that has

1. Close control dribbler (which means the ball sticks to his feet when dribbling. Eg. Robben, Ribery, Dimaria, hazard, reus, shaqiri, cuadrado, Sanchez, benarfa etc) this type of players are important against parked buses when there is no space. If we have another on the right, hazard will be a free man.

2. Contributes to goals or assists because of accurate crossing, finishing or vision.

Because of our style of dribbling through defenses rather than passing through defenses, this type of player on both wings instead of only hazard will elevate our play badly.

Nope, cuadrado actually attempts to dribble his marker and gets past him into dangerous positions because of his fantastic technique and dribbling skills. Willian pushes the ball forward and tries a low cross or he passes back to oscar. Similar technical abilities but different mentality.

I've studied our style of play and we are more of an individual team in possession than a team play style. I said in some thread that we needed another winger on the right that has

1. Close control dribbler (which means the ball sticks to his feet when dribbling. Eg. Robben, Ribery, Dimaria, hazard, reus, shaqiri, cuadrado, Sanchez, benarfa etc) this type of players are important against parked buses when there is no space. If we have another on the right, hazard will be a free man.

2. Contributes to goals or assists because of accurate crossing, finishing or vision.

Because of our style of dribbling through defenses rather than passing through defenses, this type of player on both wings instead of only hazard will elevate our play badly.

Willian is exactly what you described in 1.

Willian is exactly what you described in 1.

But sadly he doesn't use his dribbling. He rarely makes 3dribbles per match. He is not a player to take initiative but he follows tactical instructions so is important for the team.

We need a mixture of Schurrle goal threat, and attacking mentality and Willian techniques.

Cuadrado is good player but not worth 45m. For that money you get Reus, Cavani if they were available etc.

Personaly I would like us to have more inteligent RW like Di Maria, but I think we will be fine if we get PROPER BACKUP STRIKER.

sdrcfc and Chelsea? like this

GET CAVANI with that money

CAVANI +COSTA =South American beasts....Take off the load of pressure from the young ams.

sherry33 likes this

Why do we pay 40millions for another overhyped Brazilian winger?

I'm still gutted for the fact that we got Willian for that huge 29million pounds when we could have easily got Sanchez for 1m more who is much better player than him or even Antoine Greizzmann..

Same could be applied for Cuadrado.

No thanks. Just don't get it!

Why do we pay 40millions for another overhyped Brazilian winger?

I'm still gutted for the fact that we got Willian for that huge 29million pounds when we could have easily got Sanchez for 1m more who is much better player than him or even Antoine Greizzmann..

Same could be applied for Cuadrado.

No thanks. Just don't get it!

Firstly Cuadrado isn't Brazilian.

Neither is he overhyped. actually underhyped because he just recently came into public view after the World Cup despite being vital to Fiorentina. Sanchez and Antoine haven't played a single game yet and you have already classed him above someone who's has had tremendous domestic performances with an odd patch here and there..

kellzfresh and CHOULO19 like this

Has been locked and buried. But, his grasshopper still available on the market though.

What's with this grasshopper thing? I dont' get it.