Starting XI for Next Season

nono

Willian is very underrated here and Oscar very overrated. Willian had a very good first season and will be better next year.

Oscar is only overrated by some, and even then they are only pointing at his 'potential', no one said he is already one of the best CAM in the world or anything. I never said he had a bad 1st season, just simply saying he is not as good as Schurrle technically and probably never will be, it is something you cannot practice but comes naturally.

No one is underrating Willian here imo, he is rightly praised and pointed out correct weaknesses. No doubt he will likely be better, just that so will Schurrle

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lineup looks good and Wllian can always drop to the right and Shirley left if Hazard needs to come off (injury etc)

Do you really think Mou will play Azpi over Iva?

Yes, that's something that I don't have doubts... but then again I could be completely wrong, hahaha

Against small teams or at home against big teams

Courtois

Azpi, Cahill, Terry/Iva, Luis

Fabregas, Matic;

Schurrle, Oscar, Hazard

Costa

And against big teams (away)

(4-3-3)

Courtois

Azpi, Cahill, Terry/Iva, Luis

Fabregas, Matic, Ramires

Willian, Costa, Hazard

Oscar is only overrated by some, and even then they are only pointing at his 'potential', no one said he is already one of the best CAM in the world or anything. I never said he had a bad 1st season, just simply saying he is not as good as Schurrle technically and probably never will be, it is something you cannot practice but comes naturally.

No one is underrating Willian here imo, he is rightly praised and pointed out correct weaknesses. No doubt he will likely be better, just that so will Schurrle

Lol, Schürrle is probably our worst technical AM (maybe a bit above Salah). Willian's technical skill imo is on par with Hazard (imo a bit better), Oscar is a tier below but more then capable. Schürrle's key qualities are his of the ball runs and a powerful shot (Oscar got a pretty nice shot too). Link-up play and keeping the ball under pressure are the attributes he needs to work on.

Lol, Schürrle is probably our worst technical AM (maybe a bit above Salah). Willian's technical skill imo is on par with Hazard (imo a bit better), Oscar is a tier below but more then capable. Schürrle's key qualities are his of the ball runs and a powerful shot (Oscar got a pretty nice shot too). Link-up play and keeping the ball under pressure are the attributes he needs to work on.

You're kidding?

Do you even know what technical ability is? Schurrle the worst trolololol. Hazard is probably a 5 stars, Wilian a 3 and Schurrle a 4. Technical includes flicks and shooting techniques, crosses as well. Willian doesn't excel at any of it, he is pretty good at some of those traits but not exceptional. One thing he got is pace though and willingness to track back, probably the best out of all our cam at that and that is why he is so important for Jose

Schurrle has the best shot technique/power if anything....

Willian can dribble very well, but Hazard's number 1 ability is dribbling.

Do you even know what technical ability is? Schurrle the worst trolololol. Hazard is probably a 5 stars, Wilian a 3 and Schurrle a 4. Technical includes flicks and shooting techniques, crosses as well. Willian doesn't excel at any of it, he is pretty good at some of those traits but not exceptional. One thing he got is pace though and willingness to track back, probably the best out of all our cam at that and that is why he is so important for Jose

Willian is an exceptional dribbler....

Schürrle technique isn't horrendous, but he is anything but a good dribbler. He mostly relies on pace to beat his man, and really shines when he's not targeted and can run into open spaces to receive a tailor made pass (wich he'll he see plenty of now that we signed Cesc). He's got a very powerful shot and a decent cross, but don't expect him to make longballs are quick passes.

http://www.chelseafc.com/teams/first-team/willian.html

http://www.chelseafc.com/teams/first-team/andre-schurrle.html

As you can see Willian is a better passer (and dribbler) and even his shot accuracy is higher than Schürrle's. He can do longballs and was our main corner taker this season (Cesc will likely do most now). Schürrle rarely did any of them, and i even remember a shamefull corner where the ball shot wide over the goal into the stances. Same as Hazard was behind Lampard, Luiz, Oscar and Willian for taking setpieces (not penalty's). Surely Mourinho saw all those qualities in training and used them accordingly.

Schürrle is more clinical, and has more composure in front of goal. He tends to not overplay things and hesitate like Willian and Hazard tend to do. I prefer Schürrle against teams that don't press and leave space. Against teams that press high up the pitch i rather have Willian.

I'm sure someone has done this already, but here it is anyway:

I only expect one of these players to start with any regularity (Azpilicueta) and he'll be playing on the other side of the pitch. That's a damn good rotated XI.

formation.png Create your own lineup at football-formation.com

Thoughts?

I don't see a big problem with Torres. People are almost desperate to get rid of him at this point - because why, not having him here will somehow help us?

Everybody would like a different striker at his position, and hopefully less of a hit in the wages department, but since he's here - he can be utilized. He hasn't been some sort of cancer in the locker room and I doubt Mou will put up with pouting for playing time, meaning he'll be a serviceable third striker for us.

Please look at some of Schurrle's goals then we can re-define what technique is :D

Stoke away 13/14- Both goals

Arsenal home 13/14 (6-0 :D)

Brazil 1-7 Germany (2014 World Cup)

Chelsea 2-0 AC Milan (Pre season game last season)

He also scored a few excellent goals for Leverkusen. He is one of our best technical players. Please look at those goals I mentioned please :beer:

I'm sure someone has done this already, but here it is anyway:

I only expect one of these players to start with any regularity (Azpilicueta) and he'll be playing on the other side of the pitch. That's a damn good rotated XI.

formation.png Create your own lineup at football-formation.com

Thoughts?

Merged...

g9wl3.jpg

Your post now just looks totally weird. :P

IF Cavani were to join us....

Costa

Cavani
Hazard Willian
Matic Fabregas
Luis Azpilicueta
Terry Cahill
Costa
Schurrle
Hazard Willian
Matic Fabregas
Costa
Hazard Oscar Willian
Matic Fabregas
Cavani
Hazard Willian Schurrle
Matic Fabregas
The amount of possibilities is absolutely freakish! And those are just formations made up of “starting eleven players”. Our quality on the bench with Van Ginkel, Ramires, Drogba, Salah, Romeu….possibly Baker and Chalobah. Not to mention the discussion about Oscar’s and Cesc’s position between the pivot and the No.10 spot. And Cesc could also be utilized as a false nine. Damn, this team would be ready for chasing the fucking treble. Game on!