Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

Talked to some Barcelona friends and they saying how Fabregas is like the version of Mata for Chelsea.

And giving how Mata was not good enough for Mourinho due to his lack of pressing and tracking back, they are surprised by this move.

That Fabregas is slow, and can't defend for shit.

I remember Fabregas as willing to do some dirty work for the Gooners,

Talked to some Barcelona friends and they saying how Fabregas is like the version of Mata for Chelsea.

And giving how Mata was not good enough for Mourinho due to his lack of pressing and tracking back, they are surprised by this move.

Which is true, but he isn't bought for that. Matic will be the one who will now do the most defensive work. Fab is like our Modric, linking between defence and attack without actually participating in defence a lot.

ABC.es and Cadena SER are the BBC and Sky Sports of Spain.

Also reliable are Cadena Cope, laSexta, El Confidencial, RTVE, As, Onda Cero.

And Sport, Punto Pelota, Marca, Mundo Deportivo are the equivalent of Metro, Daily Mail, The Sun, Daily Express etc.

so marca is the sun and shows pics of tits and punto pelota is the Mail and is written by Tits .... And Sport is just crap I guess

Maybe we are looking to play 4-3-3 next season if we sign him? Thinking something like this :

Hazard - Costa - Willian

Ramires/Oscar - Fabregas

Matic

New Lb - Cahill -Terry - Azpi

Cech

probably the only thing that would make sense. 2 man mid with fiberglass is suicide.

I agree! But if he takes Lampard's spot he won't need to be a speed demon, just sit deep and dictate tempo.

Which is true, but he isn't bought for that. Matic will be the one who will now do the most defensive work. Fab is like our Modric, linking between defence and attack without actually participating in defence a lot.

hmmmm if this is true, then why sold Mata or KDB just to replace with something similar but a lot older?

Both of those guys are shit defending and can do the same work that Cesc is about to do without all that baggage.....

By contract, Arsenal has the 1st option on him, but they are not interested in signing him back.

I find this amazing and thus why I'm slightly cautious about this story. Wenger is a spiteful guy imo.. He would rather sign Cesc himself than let him come to us so we can bury Arsenal for another season.. It was different with RvP and Nasri, he had no control because they wanted to go, he can easily get Fabregas back if he wanted to.

probably the only thing that would make sense. 2 man mid with fiberglass is suicide.

It wont matter if we go 4:3:3 or 4:2:3:1 because Mou teams are always very mobile and all three Oscar Matic and Cesc will defend and attack together. Plus Willian who always helps defend in midfield. Therefore it will never be just double pivot protecting defence.

On other hand, having Cesc will make our midfield more compete; we will retain ball more often and lose it less times (just think how many times Rambo makes shit pass and whole team needs to go from counter attack into defence again...)

What if we're actually signing him to play in the number 10 role? :lol:

Was just thinking that very same thing. Could be true, he's better than Oscar. And that leaves the door open for my man Pogba!

hmmmm if this is true, then why sold Mata or KDB just to replace with something similar but a lot older?

Both of those guys are shit defending and can do the same work that Cesc is about to do without all that baggage.....

Because they cannot play as just CM but rather CAM. Mata especially, he was lacking physicality so he could not cope with the demand of a CM, he was always the best as a no10, RW or LW. Same with Kevin, who mainly plays on the wing for Belgium and now in Germany. If they could play as CM like Modric/Fab I am sure they would still be at the club now. Also too good to refuse offers came in and we just had to take it. I mean 30m for Fab and 37m for Mata or 16m for Kevin is much better value for money overall considering Fabregas is better than both players, yes even Mata( there is a reason why Mata was always a sub and Fab always start for Spain).