test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

Cesc Fàbregas

Started by Special Juan,

5,899 posts in this topic

He also liked Pepe in first season but then benched him for Varane. If Ramires wont play well, he wont be starter. Simple as that. The real question is do we have proper "backup", because Cesc or Oscar are not Ramires mould of player.

But that is exactly the point, while the general consensus was that Rami was playing badly, Jose thought he was playing very well because while most fans judge him based on individual moments in a match (bad pass, bad shot...etc.) Jose judges him based on what he overall wants from him: energy and dynamism in midfield and a lot of pressing.

communicate and christian825 like this

Cesc is more of an assist machine than a goal-scoring one, though there were seasons he scored more goals than he made assists.

In all competitions for the club:

goals assists

2006–07 4 16

2007–08 13 23
2008–09 3 16
2009–10 19 16
2010–11 9 14
2011–12 15 16
2012–13 14 12
2013–14 13 16
It's interesting that he made most assists in 2007-2008 when he played deeper in midfield, though in his last three years at Arsenal he played fewer games because of injuries.

But that is exactly the point, while the general consensus was that Rami was playing badly, Jose thought he was playing very well because while most fans judge him based on individual moments in a match (bad pass, bad shot...etc.) Jose judges him based on what he overall wants from him: energy and dynamism in midfield and a lot of pressing.

Who could replace Rami though?

We have no such player in team to do Ramires job instead, moreso in CL when Matic couldnt even play. If we get new b2b this summer, Rambo will have to play realy well to get in team. But we need such player to keep balance in team and if there will be no new b2b, Rambo will play unfortunely. Not because Mou likes him that much but more bacause he needs such type of player.

We have no such player in team to do Ramires job instead, moreso in CL when Matic couldnt even play. If we get new b2b this summer, Rambo will have to play realy well to get in team. But we need such player to keep balance in team and if there will be no new b2b, Rambo will play unfortunely. Not because Mou likes him that much but more bacause he needs such type of player.

Exactly why we won't get another B2B midfielder, because we already have Rami and like you said, he is capable of doing the job that we need done.

Honestly, as long as Cesc starts the matches against the teams that will park the bus, especially at the Bridge, I'll be more than happy seeing Rami in all the big matches.

Exactly why we won't get another B2B midfielder, because we already have Rami and like you said, he is capable of doing the job that we need done.

Honestly, as long as Cesc starts the matches against the teams that will park the bus, especially at the Bridge, I'll be more than happy seeing Rami in all the big matches.

Yeah, in big matches, I expect to see Ramires next to Matic, with Cesc/Oscar as #10.

Ramires job description will charge so he could play to his full potential good work by the board ones a again

Van Ginkel is a B2B midfielder.
James likes this

Atleast Ramires show's spirit all the time unlike other players (Oscar, Hazard), im pretty sure he still has a pretty big part to play in the upcoming season.

Blue Armour and didierforever like this

Atleast Ramires show's spirit all the time unlike other players (Oscar, Hazard), im pretty sure he still has a pretty big part to play in the upcoming season.

Spirit is great and all, but now when I think of Ramires I automatically think of this (substituting 'I' for 'he'):

guddy6969, The Chels and Barbara like this

Pretty sure that sign at London Bridge is fake. For starters that advertising hoarding is behind the signs. (If I remember London Bridge station like I do)

We are also probably obliged to have our sponsors on advertisements

Internet 1-0

Arsenal had first option to bring Fabregas back to the club he left in 2007, which manager Arsene Wenger passed up as he pursued other targets. Mourinho, though, feels Stamford Bridge was always the midfielder's preferred destination. "I spoke with him 20 minutes. I think he really wanted to come to us," said Mourinho, who is an ambassador and pundit for BT Sport next season and took part in a Q&A session at BT Tower in central London on Friday night.

"As you know, Arsenal had an option where they could interfere, but I think he was not open to that, I think he was very, very much in our direction, so it was an easy job for me."

lol Jose is trolling Arsenal, of course, but I don't think he's lying.

Actually, Cesc's weird wording in his statement made it pretty obvious. He said, “Arsenal was the first option, for contractual reasons. There was a clause that gave them the right to decide." He never said that Arsenal was his first option, but Arsenal fans chose to interpret it like that.

Barbara likes this

lol Jose is trolling Arsenal, of course, but I don't think he's lying.

Actually, Cesc's weird wording in his statement made it pretty obvious. He said, “Arsenal was the first option, for contractual reasons. There was a clause that gave them the right to decide." He never said that Arsenal was his first option, but Arsenal fans chose to interpret it like that.

You forgot to mention Fabregas said this...

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/15/cesc-fabregas-arsene-wenger-arsenal-chelsea

We spoke to Wenger and he said that the space was very well filled by Mesut Özil and it was hard to find a place for both of us in the team.”
Patrick Bamford likes this