Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

Seems accurate, but why Cesc? Unless we plan on going big elsewhere I don't see why Fabregas is the guy who we've highlighted to replace Frank. 30m sounds good but we could easily go bigger.

homegrown.played in prem. young. 30m. pogba, vidal, although better, about 20m or so dearer

Seems accurate, but why Cesc? Unless we plan on going big elsewhere I don't see why Fabregas is the guy who we've highlighted to replace Frank. 30m sounds good but we could easily go bigger.

Who? Pogba and Vidal are ridiculous money and Koke is around 60 million euros (and would join Barca anyways). Fabregas is homegrown, can play the deeper role, knows the Premier League, knows London and by all accounts should be in his prime.

Who? Pogba and Vidal are ridiculous money, Koke is around 60 million euros. Fabregas is homegrown, can play the deeper role, knows the Premier League and by all accounts should be in his prime.

Pogba is homegrown too. I would rather him but we could definitely afford to pay more. Whatever, I don't make the decisions... If it were me Cesc wouldn't be high on my want list.

Fabregas was often the weak link in Barça's team this year. Not really my first pick for CM.

Toure, Song, Sanchez, Cesc, Ibra,...they all 'underperform' in barca because they play specific system...they simply dont suit that.

Anywhere else, they would/were/are be probably key players of their teams...

I realy wouldnt judge Cesc on Barca form, there everything spins around Messi and Xavi, Iniesta were successull enough because they played with Messi whole career. I doubt any CM will fit Barca if they keep tiki taka and always play on Messi. Koke will be same story if they keep that system IMO.

Fabregas was amazing in Arsenal, realy best CM of league together with Lamps for few years, if he can replicate that form, Im sure he will succeed here.

As you can tell from my OP i have never been his biggest fan

but

I couldn't stand Cole when he was at Arsenal (and given he grew up as a gooner i doubt his feelings for Chelsea were particularly pleasant) now we love him and the feelings mutual.

I couldn't stand Rafa, now i respect him and the job he done here under difficult circumstances, and i think all bar the stubborn few feel the same.

Couldn't stand Eto'o as a teenager during the Chelsea vs Barca constant clashes, now i love him.

If Cesc comes i will put all my previous ill feelings to one side and hope he brings a lot off wins and trophies to the table, if he does then all is forgiven.

This is it. :clap:

Who? Pogba and Vidal are ridiculous money and Koke is around 60 million euros (and would join Barca anyways). Fabregas is homegrown, can play the deeper role, knows the Premier League, knows London and by all accounts should be in his prime.

he can play the deeper role??? he was average in the 3 man barca mid. his best position was behind the striker or the false 9. think about playing in a 2 man pivot and doing the dirty work.

he can play the deeper role??? he was average in the 3 man barca mid. his best position was behind the striker or the false 9. think about playing in a 2 man pivot and doing the dirty work.

It's how he played at Arsenal for most of his career I believe? Only in the last couple of seasons he switched to being further forward.

He used to play as a deeper CM for Arsenal where he provided bucket loads of assists.

He wouldn't play in the deeper role to do the dirty work either. That's what Matic is for. He'd be the playmaker there.

As you can tell from my OP i have never been his biggest fan

but

I couldn't stand Cole when he was at Arsenal (and given he grew up as a gooner i doubt his feelings for Chelsea were particularly pleasant) now we love him and the feelings mutual.

I couldn't stand Rafa, now i respect him and the job he done here under difficult circumstances, and i think all bar the stubborn few feel the same.

Couldn't stand Eto'o as a teenager during the Chelsea vs Barca constant clashes, now i love him.

If Cesc comes i will put all my previous ill feelings to one side and hope he brings a lot off wins and trophies to the table, if he does then all is forgiven.

Couldn't said it better myself, I share the exact same feelings with you.

Hated Cole, Eto'o to guts before they joined us, now I'm in love. Football is really a funny little game. I admit I hate Fabregas to the highest level but if he puts on a Chelsea kit and perform his heart out then welcome Cesc.